Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,375 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][21.Feb.12] ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4

Tip us?

CanEpia
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterbridge86 View Post
EDIT 2 (10/22/11): And we're official. ClockworkMod is 100% working Enjoy guys!

Now on to my next project...making this thing FASTER
Sir, you are now officially my new hero. That was damn fast! Can't wait for an OC and your ROM as well.

nirogu325
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterbridge86 View Post
Now on to my next project...making this thing FASTER
About that, I went ahead and installed zeppelinrox's Supercharger & KickAssKernel scripts on his thread. I went and installed his update9-RC1 (for the SuperCharger) and KickAssKernel-test-12, then I chose option #8 inside the SuperCharger script and I am noticing less lag when using landscape mode (smoother, I'd give it a 9/10 since it is almost perfect). The main issue here is TouchWiz (as it was in my Vibrant -_-!). I still cannot find a good Honeycomb launcher and I've tried several launchers (VTL, ADW-EX and others). ADW-EX was almost perfect but the dockbar doesn't stay if the screen orientation changes , and the wallpaper kinda zooms-in too much . I wonder if this version of the TouchWiz launcher can be optimized...

costendorf
Old
(Last edited by costendorf; 23rd October 2011 at 09:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I did the same thing as many people out there after I rooted my 8.9. I downloaded CWM from the market and installed the "10.1" version of CWM Recovery. As soon as it tried to reboot into recovery, the screen flashed an restarted. Thankfully, I found this forum with the vanilla CWM Recovery image and flashed with Odin3 and all is well again. I didn't lose any data and now I am able to boot into CWM Recovery to backup my ROM so I can remove all of the bloatware without concern.

If you have the same problem, download Odin3 v1.85 and the vanilla CWM Recovery file at the top of this thread. Boot into download on your 8.9 and open Odin3. Check "PDA" and click the button. Select the file you downloaded and click start. If it doesn't work, you likely did something else other than simply install the CWM Recovery app from the market.

Does anyone know if the Bonsai ROM for the 10.1 works on the 8.9? I know Samsung has specific ROMS for both, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried it before I do it.

EDIT 10.23.11 - Forget Bonsai for now. No luck flashing the ROM. The install runs perfectly, but I get the same issue as the old CWM Recovery version when it tries to boot. I am going to dig apart the package and see if there is anything I can do to port these 10.1 ROMS over without having to build them from the 8.9 ROM. Now with CWM Recovery working, this makes it easy to bring back my factory image
The Following User Says Thank You to costendorf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weltwon
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Wink CWM 5.0.2.6 working perfectly on my Galaxy Tab P7310

YEAH!

Just installed using ODIN and made my first full backup. I wrote the first user review for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 on epinions.com and will now be directing all readers to your thread to get the CWM update (and hopefully donate a few $$$ to you for your work).

Looking forward to the first custom ROM for GT8.9
The Following User Says Thank You to weltwon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chegs_pro
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Done it. It works perfectly. No issue. You rocks!!!!

Waiting for enabling SIM phone calls....

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA App

ssa193
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chegs_pro View Post
Done it. It works perfectly. No issue. You rocks!!!!

Waiting for enabling SIM phone calls....

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA App
Yup me too... Thanks a lot alter... Already try nandroid backup too... It's works

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk

the-bink
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the working CWM! Great to hear the Overcome ROM is coming to the Tab 8.9.

Worked perfectly on my Dutch P7310 (Build: HMJ37 P7310XWKI2 (SEP 8))

ajaffarali
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Wow- that was so easy! Thanks very much. Looking forward to Overcome

slippermen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Perfect!

I soft bricked my 8.9 last week with the market version of CWM. This worked like a charm. Feels so much better to have CWM on the device. Since I cant thank you with a button, I just wanted to say thanks!

Rlcohen70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine flashed flawlessly.

Many Thanks!!!!!