Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM7.1 LOCK] Ice Cream Sandwich Ring Lock MOD [12/10/11]

Tip us?

DameonAndMeagan
Old
(Last edited by DameonAndMeagan; 11th December 2011 at 06:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Default [CM7.1 LOCK] Ice Cream Sandwich Ring Lock MOD [12/10/11]

This is a Mod of the CM7.1 Ring Lock that I made using some images from the ICS SDK.

NOTE: Before you flash you need to make sure you have the Ring Lock available in your CM7.1 Rom, by going to Menu, CyanogenMod Settings, Lockscreen, Style Options, Lockscreen Style.

Just flash in recovery and you should be good to go.
Use Metamorph or zipthemer to apply the morphs.
Flash at your own risk make a backup before you continue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

12/10/11
  • Added smaller rings plus bigger icons should now look pretty close to the real deal. The changes were made to the following files: "ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip and Morph" and "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zi p"
  • Updated screenshot, the one on the right represents the files above mentioned.

11/15/11
  • Updated the file "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zi p" to work with the new nightly's. This is for the people who can't get the morphs or recovery patcher to work. As stated before this will replace your framework-res.apk completely.
  • It is confirmed that the current morphs and recovery patchers work with the new singe Ring unlock option.

11/02/11
  • Fixed all invalid Morph files.

10/31/11
  • Added an HDPI version for the latest CM Nightly's. "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7_Nightly_HDPI_Only"
  • This will replace your framework-res.apk completely, so make a backup.

10/30/11
  • Fixed the error in "ICS_Lock_CM7.1_Morph.zip"

10/29/11
  • Added a big ring version for people who preferred the bigger default Rings.
  • Added a version where the selected ring is bigger to look more like the default ICS lockscreen.
    Added a white lock version of a merged framework from Sonnysekhon ICS Morph with the bigger selected rings HDPI only.
10/26/11
  • Made default Rings a little smaller.
  • Added White, Green, and Blue Rings "Flash in recovery only"
  • Added "ICS_Framework_CM7.1_HDPI_Only-signed.zip" which is my White Rings with Blue Pressed Ring Lock Mod and Sonnysekhon's ICS framework merged into one flashable zip.

10/24/11
  • Changed vibrate icon to an actual vibrate icon. Thanks "tyler1234567"

10/23/11
  • Added Morphs for people who can not get the flashables working.
  • Use Metamorph or zipthemer to apply.

10/21/11
  • Should now work in landscape..need testers.
  • No longer have yellow selected ring when set on vibrate.
  • Signed the zip files for less error in flashing.

10/20/11
  • Initial release
  • Choose between Green, White, or Blue pressed Rings.

Giving Credits to:
tyler1234567 for the vibrate icon.
SonnySekhon for the ICS framework.

What file is which:
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BlueRing-signed.zip: Blue Rings
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenRing-signed.zip: Green Rings
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With Blue Highlight
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With Green Highlight
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_WhitePressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With White Highlight
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip and Morph: Ice Cream Sandwich like lockscreen.
  • ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1-signed.zip: Big White Default and Selected Rings.
  • ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only: Ice Cream Sandwich like lockscreen plus Sonnysekhon's ICS framework. [Will replace your framework-res.apk completely so make a backup.]

If you want to have the Ice Cream Sandwich sounds, you can go to my other thread here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1319649071971.jpg
Views:	20397
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	762257   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1319649484493.jpg
Views:	14920
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	762258   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1319649709224.jpg
Views:	15248
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	762259   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1323583587925.jpg
Views:	15567
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	812481  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BlueRing-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (711.9 KB, 10611 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenRing-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (715.6 KB, 2425 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (706.2 KB, 6208 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (709.0 KB, 1896 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_WhitePressed-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (695.4 KB, 10204 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (682.3 KB, 3426 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1_Morph.zip - [Click for QR Code] (216.6 KB, 1705 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed_Morph.zip - [Click for QR Code] (243.3 KB, 991 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed_Morph.zip - [Click for QR Code] (240.5 KB, 2282 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1_Morph.zip - [Click for QR Code] (242.1 KB, 3463 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (708.1 KB, 6614 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.96 MB, 5995 views)
~DAMEON~

Rooted Nexus One
Running:
  • Rom: CyanogenMod 7.1
  • Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0

Like My Ports/Work? Buy Me Some Hard Alcohol
The Following 139 Users Say Thank You to DameonAndMeagan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

v0te4ryan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Looks great on mdpi only thing i would change is the highlight color from green to blue

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

brordavid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0te4ryan View Post
Looks great on mdpi only thing i would change is the highlight color from green to blue

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
+1

Or just keep it white. =)

Caifan09
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Yeah in white will look bomb!! thanks

ctfrommn
Old
Thanks Meter 9943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DameonAndMeagan View Post
This is a Mod of the CM7.1 Ring Lock that I made using some images from the ICS SDK. I only have tested it on HDPI but it should work on MDPI and LDPI also.

Just flash in recovery and you should be good to go.
Flash at your own risk make a backup before you continue.

Let me know if there is any problems.

Here is a screenshot:
What am I doing wrong? flashed in recovery twice, both times I am still getting original LS. Do I need to disable something or wipe DK?

coolnow
Old
Thanks Meter 93
What is in the "zip" file in the patch directory and how can i open it?
LG Nexus 4

solarus2011
Old
Thanks Meter 994

DONATE TO ME
I have always preferred the sliding tabs, even after CM7 introduced the circles. However, this is a really slick implementation with the ICS graphics. I will be using this as my default for sure. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfrommn View Post
What am I doing wrong? flashed in recovery twice, both times I am still getting original LS. Do I need to disable something or wipe DK?
I assume you are using CM7.1 If so you need to go into the lockscreen settings and select the Ring Style for the lockscreen.

phillip_viado
Old
Thanks Meter 20
how come i dont have the circle in the middle. i only have it on the left and the right

ctfrommn
Old
Thanks Meter 9943
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarus2011 View Post
I have always preferred the sliding tabs, even after CM7 introduced the circles. However, this is a really slick implementation with the ICS graphics. I will be using this as my default for sure. Thanks for posting.

I assume you are using CM7.1 If so you need to go into the lockscreen settings and select the Ring Style for the lockscreen.
I am on nightly 227 and I already was using ring. I tried switching to something else and the back and I still get the default cm ring lockscreen.

DameonAndMeagan
Old
(Last edited by DameonAndMeagan; 20th October 2011 at 10:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfrommn View Post
what recovery are you using to flash??
~DAMEON~

Rooted Nexus One
Running:
  • Rom: CyanogenMod 7.1
  • Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0

Like My Ports/Work? Buy Me Some Hard Alcohol

The Following User Says Thank You to DameonAndMeagan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]