Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Worth it to return the phone?

Tip us?
 
ingenious247
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 569
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Worth it to return the phone?

I have the black blotches, a dead red pixel, and the vertical lines (which, btw, were somewhat present on the "good" screen of my MT4G)

But I have no problems with the battery.. no random reboots, great speaker quality (both media playback and phone calls) and the phone flies.

I definitely WANT to return it and get a "good" screen.. but I'm hesitant because I'm thinking I may end up with a phone that has some other issue, like the reboots/battery/overheating or any number of other unknown issues..

I do feel I should have a flawless screen if I'm paying hundreds of dollars for a phone.. I mean the whole point of the SG2 is the screen really, that's they key marketing point they are pushing on it, and that's really what initially drew me to it.

It's aggravating when I'm trying to watch something in the dark and I can see these black blobs and lines...

but I'm also happy with the phone's performance.. tough decision

What would/did you do?
 
Krooked22
Old
#2  
Krooked22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 425
Join Date: Sep 2010
Return it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
 
jessejames111981
Old
#3  
jessejames111981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 438
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
every phone will have issues but its your right to have a working model so return it til your satisfied.
 
OuncE718
Old
#4  
OuncE718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 308
Posts: 2,007
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DC by way of BK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
I have the black blotches, a dead red pixel, and the vertical lines (which, btw, were somewhat present on the "good" screen of my MT4G)

But I have no problems with the battery.. no random reboots, great speaker quality (both media playback and phone calls) and the phone flies.

I definitely WANT to return it and get a "good" screen.. but I'm hesitant because I'm thinking I may end up with a phone that has some other issue, like the reboots/battery/overheating or any number of other unknown issues..

I do feel I should have a flawless screen if I'm paying hundreds of dollars for a phone.. I mean the whole point of the SG2 is the screen really, that's they key marketing point they are pushing on it, and that's really what initially drew me to it.

It's aggravating when I'm trying to watch something in the dark and I can see these black blobs and lines...

but I'm also happy with the phone's performance.. tough decision

What would/did you do?
I would return the phone, but return it after Samsung brings in some new batches. You might turn it in and waste your time and get another with the same problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
 
tackleberry
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 1,217
Join Date: Apr 2008
Really? This is a question? If the water pump leaks on your car every 2 weeks after replacement are you gonna not return it under lemon law because it has a kick ass stereo?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to tackleberry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jjday7
Old
#6  
Jjday7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 1,199
Join Date: Dec 2007
If I were you, I would go ahead and exchange. You have too many issues to not and keep the phone and regret it later. I had a small situation of the right side of my screen not being flushed with the casing and I decided to just keep it. The other issues I have seen on the forum make me worried that if I exchange I will end up with a bunch of other issues that I don't want. The one that gets me the most is the vertical lines and the 100% battery bug. None of these issues are on my phone and I want to keep it that way.

I also saw someone mention the issue with the ground on the charger. I saw this first hand at the t-mobile store. The phone was doing phantom presses and I wasn't even touching the phone. I asked the rep about it and of course she had no clue. I unplugged the charger and everything was fine.

It's always a risk to exchange with any type of phone.
 
android4sunny
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 121
Join Date: Oct 2011
Well my suggestion would be to exchange it.


I got mine on the release day. All looked good and i was back home. I made a call and realized that i'm getting this low buzz noise on call when the other person speaking. tried couple of diffrent calls, checked on IVR's but it was constantly there. Went to T-mobile store next day, showed it to the rep, he opened the phone and pushed the SIM card in and said it is because the SIM was not properly inserted. I called and it was not there (coz there was music going on in the store so did not felt it) but before leaving i though i'll give it a try again and called the T-Mobile care number. Bingo...as soon as the IVR started the buzzing was there...showed it to the rep, he talked to the store supervisor and she also listened and immediately replaced my phone. Checked the other one...and no buzzing sound at all with the volume all the way to up. So go ahead and replace it before u run out of time.
 
scmurphy13
Old
#8  
scmurphy13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 555
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Birch Bay, WA
I'm on my second SGS2. Exchanged the first one because of the lines. This one has the lines, but not as bad, but it has had a couple of reboots. Went to exchange for a third and was told no by the store manager. She told me that she can't keep doing exchanges because it costs her store money. Not my problem, I told her. I paid full price for the phone, I want one that is as close to perfect as I can get and since I'm in my 14 days, I'm allowed to exchange because my device is defective. She still told me no and said that exchanges are at the stores discretion and she said I can't get another exchange. I will be filing a complaint with T-Mobile about this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
White T-Mobile LG G3
64gb OnePlus One
Lumia 1520
 
ingenious247
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 569
Posts: 1,557
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmurphy13 View Post
I'm on my second SGS2. Exchanged the first one because of the lines. This one has the lines, but not as bad, but it has had a couple of reboots. Went to exchange for a third and was told no by the store manager. She told me that she can't keep doing exchanges because it costs her store money. Not my problem, I told her. I paid full price for the phone, I want one that is as close to perfect as I can get and since I'm in my 14 days, I'm allowed to exchange because my device is defective. She still told me no and said that exchanges are at the stores discretion and she said I can't get another exchange. I will be filing a complaint with T-Mobile about this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

You can then ask for a refund.

After you get your money back, buy another one.

It's law my friend. They cannot refuse a refund within the remorse period.
 
scmurphy13
Old
#10  
scmurphy13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 555
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Birch Bay, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
You can then ask for a refund.

After you get your money back, buy another one.

It's law my friend. They cannot refuse a refund within the remorse period.
That's probably what I'll do. I paid cash so hopefully I'll get cash back.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
White T-Mobile LG G3
64gb OnePlus One
Lumia 1520

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more