Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any updates for GB??

Tip us?

malickie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Any updates for GB??

Just curious if anyone has heard Anything at all about an Update to GB for this device. The battery life is horrendous on Froyo with this device.
Current Phones:
SG Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Tablet:
Acer Iconia A500
Previous Phones:
T-Mobile Dash, T-Mobile Wing, iPhone 3g, Garminfone, HTC G2, MyTouch 4G, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Atrix 2, Samsung Skyrocket, HTC Titan, SGSII, LG Thrill, HTC Vivid, SGSIII
And a Long list of Stuff Prior to Smart Phone Existence.

Gr8Danes
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
Just curious if anyone has heard Anything at all about an Update to GB for this device. The battery life is horrendous on Froyo with this device.
Nope.......been hammering AT&T and LG with no luck. Mum's the word I guess.

When the New Nexus comes out, this phone will just be more of a novelty item at that point for the 3D ability (for me). I'm sick of waiting on Vendors and Carriers to release updates.
Blackberry 8900>Samsung Captivate>Motorola Atrix>LG Thrill>SGS2 Skyrocket>SGS3>Note 2>LG G2>Note 3>Nexus 5 and SGS5

BigCiX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm with Gr8 on this one. As soon as the prime shows up on at&t this phone will he a hand me down. I just needed a phone because my 4th captivate took a dump. So $79 I couldn't pass it up.

CallMeAria
Old
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCiX View Post
I'm with Gr8 on this one. As soon as the prime shows up on at&t this phone will he a hand me down. I just needed a phone because my 4th captivate took a dump. So $79 I couldn't pass it up.
Just a little fyi, officially its the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as of right now.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy SII --CM10.1-- Sold
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket --CM10.1--Sold (P.O.S)
Samsung Galaxy S4 --Goldeneye mga --CURRENT

BigCiX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeAria View Post
Just a little fyi, officially its the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as of right now.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Prime, Galaxy Nexus or whatever its called. This phone will be dumped for it.

divine1250
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCiX View Post
Prime, Galaxy Nexus or whatever its called. This phone will be dumped for it.
This topic is getting so old already. Everybody wants what they want when they want it and it doesnt work like that unless you are willing to develope Gingerbread for your Thrill on your own. This device just came out September 4, so it is a new device. Owners of this powerful phone should feel good about the SPECS of it and the soon to come dev support. We have dev support now but very little. Trust me when I say that we will get all we need and then some once this device is fully studied by different devs. Remember that the phone is just over a month old.Give it some time people!

jhajj33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hear what you're saying, but many of us purchased the Thrill because of the promise to upgrade it to Gingerbread within a month of launch. I'm sure i'm not the only one, but if i had known it was going to be indefinitely postponed, I would have waited the extra month for the Galaxy S2. We as consumers shouldn't be lied to...if something is promised, it should be delivered.

divine1250
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhajj33 View Post
I hear what you're saying, but many of us purchased the Thrill because of the promise to upgrade it to Gingerbread within a month of launch. I'm sure i'm not the only one, but if i had known it was going to be indefinitely postponed, I would have waited the extra month for the Galaxy S2. We as consumers shouldn't be lied to...if something is promised, it should be delivered.
No argument there. You are 100 percent right. But our device has one of a kind specs/hardware. No other device has the hardware setup that we have so you really cant discuss other phones having gingerbread while we dont. It makes sense that gingerbread has to be tweaked especially for the Thrill. Wouldnt want them to rush it and send out updates that dont fully support our device. Just my opinion.

AzraelsVoice
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Honestly I don't know why people are never happy with the Android version they have. Just because they're told about an update, they freak out and HAVE to have it right then, or they wanna jump ship. Half of them can't tell you what features the new Android version has. The only reason I'm working on GB and ICS is to fix the battery problem caused by froyo.

"Ask not what your Thrill can do for you, but what awesome things can you do with your Thrill!"

divine1250
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Well put.
I have no problems with my thrill at all. I KNOW that I have a POWERFUL device no matter what version of Android it is currently running. Come on people, DUAL CORE PROCESSOR, DUAL CHANNEL RAM(first and only of its kind), 1080p video recording and viewing, and not to mention the added luxury of 3D gaming, videos, and apps. what more could you possibly want your phone to do? I know that updates bring more functions as well as improves on hardware compatibility but my THRILL does enough for me to the point where I can wait for updates patiently and still enjoy my device.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/GjH4l52Dn90
DUAL CHANNEL will kill all other phones....at least until other companies implement the same technology with higher specs!