Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird PUK issue can anyone help?

Tip us?

Htp182
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Weird PUK issue can anyone help?

Hi there guys I have a LG C900 that is an ATT phone. I inserted a non att sim card and have PUK locked the phone. I tried calling ATT and asking for PUK code which they were able to generate but the code did not work. I also have the unlock code for this phone but whenever a non att sim card is inserted it asks for a PUK code. Does anyone know what I can do?

Etaduck
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Not sure ATT could help, where is the sim from and what are you trying to do with it?

Is the PUK code related to the phone brand or model?
The PUK code has nothing to do with your mobile phone’s brand (i.e. Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Nextel, Sony-Ericsson, LG) or model. The PUK is only tied to the SIM card.

What happens if I lost or forgot my PUK code?
If you are a postpaid user (Globe, Smart, Sun Cellular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Orange or AT&T), your cell provider may be able to provide you with your PUK code. Just call them up, authenticate your identity by answering some questions and they will give you the PUK for your SIM card. This is easy because the telco can verify you as the owner of the SIM card or the mobile number.

Htp182
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
PUK Code was generated with an over seas sim card. If I put ATT sim card in the device it does not ask for PUK Code. But also if I put a T-Mobile Sim card it asks for PUK.

jocone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem as you have you solved?

h_amak
Old
Thanks Meter 2
same problem here, any solution !