Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Confirmation Ice Cream Sandwich for A500

OP Azuske

17th February 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #131  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
link for more info?
17th February 2012, 02:14 PM   |  #132  
tonyblack's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Great Malvern
Thanks Meter: 4
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
engadget
from engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/17/a...ich-treatment/


ACER ICONIA TAB TABLETS UPDATED TO ANDROID 4.0

Acer Transitions Popular Iconia™ Tab Line to Android 4.0 to Give
Customers More Features and Capabilities


SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 17, 2012 – Acer America is now updating its
award-winning Acer Iconia Tab line of tablets with the latest version
of Android 4.0 OS (Ice Cream Sandwich).

The update is being pushed to Acer Iconia Tab A200 customers
over-the-air now in the United States and will be completed over the
following week. The Acer Iconia Tab A100 7-inch tablet and Acer Iconia
Tab A500 10-inch tablet will both be updated in April.

With Android 4.0, the Acer Iconia Tab line will provide new features
to give customers more usability and enjoyment from their tablets.
Customers will notice the improvements right away – including the
faster browser, enhanced app and folder management options, more
intuitive navigation, and a completely reimaged design that is more
polished with enhanced holographic effects. Plus, customers can more
easily customize their Acer tablet and will enjoy improved
multitasking and switching between tasks. They will also appreciate
improved integration with Gmail's email and calendar functions.

"The many enhancements in Android 4.0 OS complement the sleek,
powerful and well-designed Acer Iconia Tab tablets to give customers
an all-around first-rate experience," said Paul Tayar, Director
Product Marketing – Connected Devices, Acer America. "Customers will
experience greater entertainment and productivity with the new
capabilities and features on their tablets."

Features and Enhancements Unique to Acer Tablets
The new update of Android 4.0 also includes several new features that
are unique to Acer tablets. The updated tablets will now feature the
highly-customizable Acer Ring, making it incredibly natural and easy
to get instant access to favorite apps and features. The Acer Ring
can be launched with a single touch and lets customers have quick and
easy access to apps, surf the web, capture screen images, post photos
and status updates to their social networks, and more.

Customers will also enjoy an improved weather widget and will be able
to access their favorite apps even when the screen is locked.

Photos and Video Enhance Memories
Acer Iconia Tab customers will be able to do more with their photos
and video thanks to the Android 4.0 update, including improved zoom
and the ability to take snapshots while recording video. Customers
will also be able to capture better still images and do more with them
due to greater image stabilization and improved integration with third
party apps. Both video clips and photos can be enhanced on the fly,
stored and searched for based on various tags, and conveniently stored
on Google+.
Last edited by tonyblack; 17th February 2012 at 02:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyblack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #133  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyblack

from engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/17/a...ich-treatment/


ACER ICONIA TAB TABLETS UPDATED TO ANDROID 4.0

Acer Transitions Popular Iconia™ Tab Line to Android 4.0 to Give
Customers More Features and Capabilities


SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 17, 2012 – Acer America is now updating its
award-winning Acer Iconia Tab line of tablets with the latest version
of Android 4.0 OS (Ice Cream Sandwich).

The update is being pushed to Acer Iconia Tab A200 customers
over-the-air now in the United States and will be completed over the
following week. The Acer Iconia Tab A100 7-inch tablet and Acer Iconia
Tab A500 10-inch tablet will both be updated in April.

With Android 4.0, the Acer Iconia Tab line will provide new features
to give customers more usability and enjoyment from their tablets.
Customers will notice the improvements right away – including the
faster browser, enhanced app and folder management options, more
intuitive navigation, and a completely reimaged design that is more
polished with enhanced holographic effects. Plus, customers can more
easily customize their Acer tablet and will enjoy improved
multitasking and switching between tasks. They will also appreciate
improved integration with Gmail's email and calendar functions.

"The many enhancements in Android 4.0 OS complement the sleek,
powerful and well-designed Acer Iconia Tab tablets to give customers
an all-around first-rate experience," said Paul Tayar, Director
Product Marketing – Connected Devices, Acer America. "Customers will
experience greater entertainment and productivity with the new
capabilities and features on their tablets."

Features and Enhancements Unique to Acer Tablets
The new update of Android 4.0 also includes several new features that
are unique to Acer tablets. The updated tablets will now feature the
highly-customizable Acer Ring, making it incredibly natural and easy
to get instant access to favorite apps and features. The Acer Ring
can be launched with a single touch and lets customers have quick and
easy access to apps, surf the web, capture screen images, post photos
and status updates to their social networks, and more.

Customers will also enjoy an improved weather widget and will be able
to access their favorite apps even when the screen is locked.

Photos and Video Enhance Memories
Acer Iconia Tab customers will be able to do more with their photos
and video thanks to the Android 4.0 update, including improved zoom
and the ability to take snapshots while recording video. Customers
will also be able to capture better still images and do more with them
due to greater image stabilization and improved integration with third
party apps. Both video clips and photos can be enhanced on the fly,
stored and searched for based on various tags, and conveniently stored
on Google+.

that link doesn't mention anything about a500 rolling out to italians right now?
17th February 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #134  
Bloodflame's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brantford, ON
Thanks Meter: 532
 
979 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapek-AU

that link doesn't mention anything about a500 rolling out to italians right now?

I have a feeling the Italian in question owns an A200. Prove me wrong, and while you're at it, provide a system dump
17th February 2012, 03:16 PM   |  #135  
MadMav88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflame

I have a feeling the Italian in question owns an A200. Prove me wrong, and while you're at it, provide a system dump

I dont know, there was this news by 2 users and I was asking u about it

I know that A200 is receiving ics in these days, and will receive it in mid-April

Sent from my Packard Bell G100W@Honeylicious 3.2.1 using Tapatalk
17th February 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #136  
chefdave12118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mechanicville
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
5,656 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
I'm an Android tab and phone nut (I have quite a few of each) and in my opinion the A500 is the best bang for your buck (besides the nook color of course ). Its fairly vanilla with decent hardware and now with timely updates. My daughter has the OG Xoom and I would take my Acer over it (for the USB port alone).

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
17th February 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #137  
tonyblack's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Great Malvern
Thanks Meter: 4
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapek-AU

that link doesn't mention anything about a500 rolling out to italians right now?

that would be because it's not rolling out to italians (or anyone else with an a500) right now.
10th March 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #138  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
ICS & A500
I received an email a couple of days ago from:

Thank you for contacting Acer Support on eBay,

As stated on the phone, here is the link to update the software on Acer Iconia to Ice cream sandwich.

SINCE THIS IS MY 1ST POST I CAN'T FORWARD THE LINK. IF YOU WANT IT POST AN EMAIL ADDRESS..


Sorry..
10th March 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #139  
gammaRascal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 85
 
592 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
pleasespamme@imgullible.com
11th March 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #140  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 580
 
4,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by degause

I received an email a couple of days ago from:

Thank you for contacting Acer Support on eBay,

As stated on the phone, here is the link to update the software on Acer Iconia to Ice cream sandwich.

SINCE THIS IS MY 1ST POST I CAN'T FORWARD THE LINK. IF YOU WANT IT POST AN EMAIL ADDRESS..


Sorry..

So take of the .com and type in the rest... Or take out the "." between the com and the rest of the address, replace "." with "_", see, easy to post an address without being able to...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0, a500, acer, iconia, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes