Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my Tab's firmware genuine?

Tip us?

SK15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is my Tab's firmware genuine?

Hi everyone

So I have Tab 10.1 which I bought in June... Later on I rooted it, a while ago before the touchwiz firmware update came out. Once that came out, I tried to update it numerous times (im not sure whether the tablet was still rooted or not when I tried to update) and the update failed continuously... Anyhow, don't ask me why I did this but I erased my system in the bootloader!!! I didnt realise that it was literally the OS I was clearing.... Eventually I found a firmware file on the internet for it and flashed it... Previously my Tab was running the HMJ37 UEKMB firmware, now it is running the Europe HMJ37 XXKFC firmware which has touchwiz already...

Now what I want to know is, is this firmware genuine, and will I be able to recieve future updates on it such as ICS when they are released? If not is there any place where I can find the UEKMB firmware to flash to my Tab??

KonstantinKeller
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,559

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK15 View Post
Hi everyone

So I have Tab 10.1 which I bought in June... Later on I rooted it, a while ago before the touchwiz firmware update came out. Once that came out, I tried to update it numerous times (im not sure whether the tablet was still rooted or not when I tried to update) and the update failed continuously... Anyhow, don't ask me why I did this but I erased my system in the bootloader!!! I didnt realise that it was literally the OS I was clearing.... Eventually I found a firmware file on the internet for it and flashed it... Previously my Tab was running the HMJ37 UEKMB firmware, now it is running the Europe HMJ37 XXKFC firmware which has touchwiz already...

Now what I want to know is, is this firmware genuine, and will I be able to recieve future updates on it such as ICS when they are released? If not is there any place where I can find the UEKMB firmware to flash to my Tab??
It doesn't matter if it's genuine, don't use stock firmwares anyways. Custom ROMS are better. Wait till someone on this forum develops a sick ICS ROM.

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1,485

DONATE TO ME
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions Thanks
Moving to Q&A
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

SK15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So, what is the coolest rom available at the moment for my Tab?? Just rooted it but duno what rom I could install.... Preferably one with more customized UI on top of TW... I saw a few pictures of home screens set about the windows phone 7 look... Is there a rom for that?

albert emmer
Old
Thanks Meter 24
please refer here mate..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1171089
HTC Sapphire [Rom: Sebastian FM 3.0][Android: 2.3.3]
Samsung Galaxy Note II [Rom: Stock Touchwiz XALJ3][Android: 4.1.1]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [Rom: CM10.1 Nightly Build 20130102][Android: 4.2.1]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 [Rom: Stock Touchwiz DDLG1][Android: 4.0.4]

Tubes6al4v
Old
Thanks Meter 81
You can get samsung official firmware from them: http://m.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

But I prefer "In Paris" by Task650 and Phantom.
Having Battery issues? Try my Guide

Phone: Galaxy Nexus GSM (AOKP, franco.kernel, IPv6, Days of battery )

Tablet: Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi (AOKP 4.0.3)