Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is my Tab's firmware genuine?

OP SK15

23rd October 2011, 08:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everyone

So I have Tab 10.1 which I bought in June... Later on I rooted it, a while ago before the touchwiz firmware update came out. Once that came out, I tried to update it numerous times (im not sure whether the tablet was still rooted or not when I tried to update) and the update failed continuously... Anyhow, don't ask me why I did this but I erased my system in the bootloader!!! I didnt realise that it was literally the OS I was clearing.... Eventually I found a firmware file on the internet for it and flashed it... Previously my Tab was running the HMJ37 UEKMB firmware, now it is running the Europe HMJ37 XXKFC firmware which has touchwiz already...

Now what I want to know is, is this firmware genuine, and will I be able to recieve future updates on it such as ICS when they are released? If not is there any place where I can find the UEKMB firmware to flash to my Tab??
23rd October 2011, 08:39 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Flowery Branch
Thanks Meter: 1,561

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK15

Hi everyone

So I have Tab 10.1 which I bought in June... Later on I rooted it, a while ago before the touchwiz firmware update came out. Once that came out, I tried to update it numerous times (im not sure whether the tablet was still rooted or not when I tried to update) and the update failed continuously... Anyhow, don't ask me why I did this but I erased my system in the bootloader!!! I didnt realise that it was literally the OS I was clearing.... Eventually I found a firmware file on the internet for it and flashed it... Previously my Tab was running the HMJ37 UEKMB firmware, now it is running the Europe HMJ37 XXKFC firmware which has touchwiz already...

Now what I want to know is, is this firmware genuine, and will I be able to recieve future updates on it such as ICS when they are released? If not is there any place where I can find the UEKMB firmware to flash to my Tab??

It doesn't matter if it's genuine, don't use stock firmwares anyways. Custom ROMS are better. Wait till someone on this forum develops a sick ICS ROM.
24th October 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Flag Blackpool UK
Thanks Meter: 1,545

9,528 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions Thanks
Moving to Q&A
30th October 2011, 02:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So, what is the coolest rom available at the moment for my Tab?? Just rooted it but duno what rom I could install.... Preferably one with more customized UI on top of TW... I saw a few pictures of home screens set about the windows phone 7 look... Is there a rom for that?
2nd November 2011, 09:56 AM   |  #5  
Flag WPKL
Thanks Meter: 24

173 posts
More
please refer here mate..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1171089
2nd November 2011, 05:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 81

278 posts
You can get samsung official firmware from them: http://m.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

But I prefer "In Paris" by Task650 and Phantom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread