Originally Posted by genieass
Upgrade to stock ginger bread first using odin from a pc. Then flash cwm. To root froyo, all you need is upd_1.zip
That's not true! As we speak, gingerbreak doesn't work on the galaxy mini.
upd_1.zip also works on gingerbread. Just rooted with it after an upgrade to 2.3.4.
But, for froyo it's best to use superoneclick.
If considering upgrading to GB, i'll attach the zip-file.
Here's my little guide on how it works:
1. Download the attachments to this post.
2. Put upd_1.zip on the root (On top, not in a folder) of your SD-card.
3. Boot into recovery. (When phone is powered off: Home-button + power) (Now you'll root your phone.
4. Use the volume buttons to highlight 'apply update from sdcard', then press home to select.
5. Use volume buttons to highlight 'upd_1.zip', then select with the home button.
6. Press home button to 'reboot system now'. Your phone is now rooted.
Proud owner of:
HTC ChaCha (A810e) running [ROM] Ice Cream Sandwich / CyanogenMod9 on HTC ChaCha.
Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 (Secondary) with [CM7.2] [Aroma + AC!D] Droid GIO v3 Final [Port]
Buy me a beer if I helped you out! (just press 'Donate') Or just press the 'Thanks'-button!