Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not Able to Root Spice MI-350

Tip us?

jgsolo27
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by addadutta View Post
Intersting situation for me also.

Consider that I have phone number in contact as 099-99-999999. If the call is coming from +91 99-99-999999, name of the contact is not getting detected. It has become a big mess for me.

Addadutta
Dear Addadutta,

Is your Phone Book problem solved? I too had the same problem and then switched over to original Spice Rom. I even asked the first caller, when he changed his phone number!! because his name did not get displayed though it was in the phone book. I did not try changing the language option. Did you try it? Is it working?
Now with the rooted Spice Rom, browser is not working. Any idea / tricks? to restore it back?

Solomon

Adamite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Dear Addadutta,

Is your Phone Book problem solved? I too had the same problem and then switched over to original Spice Rom. I even asked the first caller, when he changed his phone number!! because his name did not get displayed though it was in the phone book. I did not try changing the language option. Did you try it? Is it working?
Now with the rooted Spice Rom, browser is not working. Any idea / tricks? to restore it back?

Solomon
Stock browser is not working somehow..... well doesn't matter opera mini / Dolphin HD is working fine. I just downloaded the Apk in the root folder and using the same as default one. That's the quick fix i found.

mohanparvatham
Old
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Wink Calender for Spice MI-350

for those who need calender make a normal install of the below attachment..

Don't forget to hit thanks button it it was useful.....

sorry for my bad english..
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.android.calendar-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (727.4 KB, 151 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohanparvatham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mohanparvatham
Old
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Talking Browser for Spice MI-350

For those who is having problem with browser after rooting download the below attachment and move the 2 contents present in it to /system/app/ using root explorer.....

and set permissions as below

Owner : X X -
Group : X - -
Others : X - -

X represents tick mark

Dont forget to hit thaks button if iit was useful....
Attached Files
File Type: rar Browser for Spice MI-350.rar - [Click for QR Code] (450.7 KB, 63 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohanparvatham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgsolo27
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanparvatham View Post
For those who is having problem with browser after rooting download the below attachment and move the 2 contents present in it to /system/app/ using root explorer.....

and set permissions as below

Owner : X X -
Group : X - -
Others : X - -

X represents tick mark

Dont forget to hit thaks button if iit was useful....
Thank you so much for your help. I have moved the contents using root explorer...after that I am stuck... will you please guide.

Solomon

mohanparvatham
Old
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Thank you so much for your help. I have moved the contents using root explorer...after that I am stuck... will you please guide.

Solomon
After copying hold the browser for a while.....then a menu will appear....click on permissions and set the permissions as in the below screen shot.....

Don't forget to click thanks button
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000001.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	775112  

ashokdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktw View Post
It actually depends on user to user - for me if i look at the specs, i'll love Galaxy ace
- 3.5" 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen of HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) resolution
- 800MHz ARM 11 processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset;
- 278MB of RAM available to the user
- 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash
Sorry, I actually asked about touch sensitiveness of MI350 and I know all about Galaxy Ace, Is the touchscreen of spice mi350 good enough and how about resolution, because I just tested MI270 the touch is not so responsive and clarity is also just ok, so I feared that this too is like that are it is Improved in this device

drswapnil1234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dear Ankjain,

I recently purchased the spice mi 350 and am pretty happy with the features except for the tons of blatware. Can u pls tell me if there is a way to force uninstall some of the software except for rooting. I dont want to void the warranty by rooting.

Dr Swapnil Kothari

mktw
Old
(Last edited by mktw; 8th November 2011 at 05:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
For that u should visit Spice Mobile outlet and have the feel of it Or motivate any of ur friend to purchase it then feel it...
I'm not sure if anyone here has Galaxy Ace + MI350
But from Technical point of view, Galaxy Ace has 3 Ace points regarding touch sensitiveness + quality
- Processor speed higher
- more RAM + ROM
- Samsung is one of the leaders in screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokdroid View Post
Sorry, I actually asked about touch sensitiveness of MI350 and I know all about Galaxy Ace, Is the touchscreen of spice mi350 good enough and how about resolution, because I just tested MI270 the touch is not so responsive and clarity is also just ok, so I feared that this too is like that are it is Improved in this device

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

@ Dr Swapnil

As mentioned before, u can use Titanium Backup to remove the unwanted stuff but then it has to be Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by drswapnil1234 View Post
Dear Ankjain,

I recently purchased the spice mi 350 and am pretty happy with the features except for the tons of blatware. Can u pls tell me if there is a way to force uninstall some of the software except for rooting. I dont want to void the warranty by rooting.

Dr Swapnil Kothari
The Following User Says Thank You to mktw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgsolo27
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanparvatham View Post
After copying hold the browser for a while.....then a menu will appear....click on permissions and set the permissions as in the below screen shot.....

Don't forget to click thanks button
Dear Mohan,

Yes, I have clicked thanks!! I had to set permissions for the .apk as well as to the .odex file also, only then, after rebooting got the original Browser back!! Any how thanks a lot!!
Could you help me in one more thing? My root explorer is in Chineese Language, is it possible to change the language? Secondly, my phone is not downloading three applications and I have tried my best to get them, but failed, they are 1) Talking Tom Cat 1, Talking Tom Cat 2 and NKJV Bible (all purchased) Hope you will be able to guide me. Thanks in advance.

Solomon

Tags
gb 2.3.3;, lenovo a60, lenovo a60/spice mi350 roms, mi-350, not rooting, spice mi350