The Infuse 4G Development Platform AKA UnBrickable Mod
This is the 10th device to receive UnBrickable Mod! Lets go back to where it all started. It was proposed by XDA Member js22 that a device could be recovered without JTAG
, using only it's native hardware. After months upon months of research, reading debug logs, reverse engineering of hardware and software, we came up with a solution.. Since I was the first to do it, I called it UnBrickable Mod. XDA Member Rebellos then reverse engineered a portion of the IBL into what is known as the HIBL(Hummingbird Interceptor BootLoader). We decided to call it this because the process goes like this: With UBM applied, the processor requests a code download from USB. We feed it the HIBL which reuses IBL code to authenticate with the Hummingbird's secure booting chain, then the Interceptor bootloader calls back and reuses the same IROM Download code used to download it, but we bypass security checks. This "Interception" of the boot sequence is why UnBrickable Mod works. The HIBL has proven to be so powerful and multipurpose that we've been able to package it into a one-click which works with ALL S5PC110 based devices with USB download capabilities.
I'd like to thank pdx 528e
for donating the Infuse4G for this modification. This modification would not have been possible on this particular device without total removal of the processor
After we verify this modification works This will be a replacement for JTAG. How could it possibly be better then JTAG? Let's count the ways....
1. The only part required is a wire.
2. No shipping time.
3. No cost for a box to interface the computer.
5. Can be done as a preventive measure.
6. Gives the ability to test new Bootloaders temporarily.
7. Allows development of the entire system.
8. Removes worry about flashing and acts as a backup.
After performing this mod:
Remove the battery, replace the battery, your phone will connect to the computer via USB and await commands. Otherwise it will pretty much act like an Infuse 4G. See the Special Instructions section.
You will need:
1. Get someone who knows
what they're doing with a soldering iron. If they don't know what flux is, then they don't know what they're doing. You can send me a PM(my username @gmail.com) or Connexion2005(aka MobileTechVideos.com).
2. soldering iron - make sure it's sharp, if it's not sharp, then sharpen it, flux it and retin it.
6. A relay (for the wire contained within)
You will need a very small peice of wire. Tear apart the relay unravel the coil within and grab about 12cm~ of wire. The fact that it comes from a relay is important because relays generally have very small wire which are individually treated with a non-conductive coating.
Take the 12cm~ wire from the relay and tin the very edge of it. No more then 1/32". If you tin more then 1mm, cut off the excess. It is desirable to have a slight bit of excess solder on the tip of this wire.
performing the modification:
1. tear apart your phone... remove six(6) #1 phillips screws from the back. Then you can separate the back from the front. Make sure to take out your SIM and external SDCard before you do this.
2. Remove the two(2) screws and four(4) electric connections securing the mainboard into the unit and remove the board.
3. remove the EM shield from the processor side.
4. remove xOM5 resistor.
5. Bridge the active side of xOM5 to the active side of xOM3. Most of the resistors in the top row will also work.
for Bootloader development you will want UART output. You can use these points to a connection outside the device for UART. These points are exposed when the mainboard is secured to the unit. They are located on the JTAG port.
7. Reassemble the device.
- This replaces the battery charging sequence. The normal battery charging sequence can be activated by holding power for 4 seconds.
- To turn on the device, and operate in normal mode, you must hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- 3 button Download mode works as usual, however you must not have the S5PC110 drivers installed on the computer. You can use your custom rom menu option, adb reboot download, or use a terminal to "reboot download". 301Kohm Factory Mode JIGs work as well, but you must press power to bypass the S5PC110 mode.
Congratulations. You now have a device which works like a KIT-S5PC110 with an OM Value of 29. Now get to developing some serious custom software.
Creating your own Samsung Bootloaders: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1233273
KIT-S5PC110 manual: http://www.mediafire.com/?94krzvvxksvmuxh
how to use DNW: http://tinyurl.com/dnw-how-to
Flash using openOCD and DNW: http://www.arm9board.net/wiki/index....penOCD_and_DNW
another DNW example: http://www.boardset.com/products/mv6410.php
ODroid dev center: http://dev.odroid.com/projects/uboot/wiki/#s-7.2
drivers and utilities
This will be an ever expanding list
Windows Drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1312590673
Windows Download Tool DNW: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1312590673
Windows Command Line tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=27
Linux DNW Utility: http://dev.odroid.com/projects/uboot/wiki/#s-7.2
Linux ModeDetect tool: http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird...downloads/list
Linux Automated UnBricker:http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird...downloads/list
Bootloader Hello World by Rebellos http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1314105521
UnBrick tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242466