Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does Evo 3d Drivers work with Windows 8?

Tip us?

pyovue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Does Evo 3d Drivers work with Windows 8?

I have htc sync, but when I try to sync it, it says it cant find Htc Sync on computer, but I am trying to root using htc unlock method, but when I'm in the CMD, after typing

fastboot oem get_identifier_token

all I get is

< Waiting for Device >

I also tried Fastboot Devices, but nothing shows, so Im assuming its the drivers with windows 8. I tried manually installing the drivers from the sdk, I used the ADB interface driver, and also the Bootloader interface still nothing, AHHH!!
I dont want to go back to windows 7 and lose all my stuff!!

Edit : And yes I have usb debugging mode on, and on fastboot usb during cmd command.

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Try rebooting your pc. Then put your phone in factory recovery mode then plug your phone into your pc and it should install the drivers.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

pyovue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yea, I get a Android 1.0 under my device manager, and it wont find any updates.

laie1472
Old
(Last edited by laie1472; 25th October 2011 at 01:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 828
Did you uninstall the old drivers first??? If not you should and then reboot. Then once your up and running go to desktop mode from the metro menu, then open up task manger and see if htc sync is running, if it is then kill it. Then put your phone into stock recovery mode and plug it into your pc and it should install the drivers.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

pyovue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Welp, no luck with that I keep getting an Android 1.0. Guess I have to go back to Win7 Noooo.

gadar
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyovue View Post
Welp, no luck with that I keep getting an Android 1.0. Guess I have to go back to Win7 Noooo.
Try to reinstall htc sync.

If that wont work then I think you have to try to install the driver manually by going into device manager> click android 1.0 device > update driver >browse my computer for driver software >Let me pick from list >have disk > navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.

choose then Android Bootloader Interface

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:

Well you don't have to. Im running 8 now with adb installed if you want I can pm you a step by step on how I did it. Well let me know.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

pyovue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Alright, I got it, stupid HTC Website said to create a new folder with just 3 files. Which is dumb, cause I threw those 3 files back in my tools folder, and wa-la, it worked. Thanks anyways guys.

Rob_ec
Old
Thanks Meter 18
WTF? windows 8?i though it was still in alpha
Quote:
I have htc sync, but when I try to sync it, it says it cant find Htc Sync on computer, but I am trying to root using htc unlock method, but when I'm in the CMD, after typing

all I get is

< Waiting for Device >

I also tried Fastboot Devices, but nothing shows, so Im assuming its the drivers with windows 8. I tried manually installing the drivers from the sdk, I used the ADB interface driver, and also the Bootloader interface still nothing, AHHH!!

Edit : And yes I have usb debugging mode on, and on fastboot usb during cmd command.

MrRemba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_ec View Post
WTF? windows 8?i though it was still in alpha
Quote:

all I get is

< Waiting for Device >

hello i have the same problem, and i alreday tried everithing i always get stuck with this, i got HBOOT 1.49.0018, can anyone help me PLEAS