MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SMS Backup tool that restores dates properly?

OP antisniperspy

25th October 2011, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Anyone have the name of an app that does this correctly. Im using sms backup and restore but it does not restore the dates properly. And the messages are all out of order because of this.

Thanks
25th October 2011, 07:37 PM   |  #2  

13 posts
More
I am using the same and have the same problem
26th October 2011, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
bump (10char)
26th October 2011, 05:38 PM   |  #4  
SystemUI.apk
Thanks Meter: 146

1,170 posts
Donate to Me
"AppExctractor" can extract messages from previous clockwork mod recoveries.

The only flaw is that the backup has to have been made through ROM Manager.
26th October 2011, 09:39 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,340 posts
SMS Backup+ has the same problem (basically, all messages are restored to the date and time that you restored them, not when they were sent or received). It never did on my old phone. I suspect that Motorola is doing something non-standard with the timestamp on messages.
26th October 2011, 10:43 PM   |  #6  
Flag Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks Meter: 161

3,470 posts
More
Titanium Backup.

--
Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered TouchPad.
27th October 2011, 11:14 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
I had the same issue with SMS Backup and Backup to Gmail. I ended up switching to GoSMS and used its built in backup feature. The restore worked perfectly! All dates show correctly.
28th October 2011, 10:34 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetorocks

I had the same issue with SMS Backup and Backup to Gmail. I ended up switching to GoSMS and used its built in backup feature. The restore worked perfectly! All dates show correctly.

I use GoSMS myself and I can confirm that in the GoSMS app itself, the dates restore correctly. However, the stock messaging app does not restore correctly (it puts the date/time of transfer/restore as the timestamp of all messages restored) using the GoSMS restore function any more. I'm not quite sure if it's an update thing or a phone thing as I went from an X2 to a Bionic but I believe it was broken in an update to the app itself.
28th October 2011, 11:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 113

894 posts
More
Handcent backup took too long for me. Since then, I have used My Backup Pro, which has done a fantastic job of restoring my 6700 messages with time stamp intact. Try giving it a shot.

EDIT: Just kidding. Sorry kiddos. Next time I reflash, I'll see if Handcent restore works.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC
29th October 2011, 03:10 AM   |  #10  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 184

503 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocat

I use GoSMS myself and I can confirm that in the GoSMS app itself, the dates restore correctly. However, the stock messaging app does not restore correctly (it puts the date/time of transfer/restore as the timestamp of all messages restored) using the GoSMS restore function any more. I'm not quite sure if it's an update thing or a phone thing as I went from an X2 to a Bionic but I believe it was broken in an update to the app itself.

this is correct, i tried 3 different backup/restore apps before i realized that the problem is with the stock SMS app, not the backup/restore app. Handcent and ChompSMS do display the correct time even when the stock app does not. same problem on my Droid X too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread