FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] SMS Backup tool that restores dates properly?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By antisniperspy, Junior Member on 25th October 2011, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone have the name of an app that does this correctly. Im using sms backup and restore but it does not restore the dates properly. And the messages are all out of order because of this.

Thanks
 
 
25th October 2011, 06:37 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am using the same and have the same problem
26th October 2011, 04:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
bump (10char)
26th October 2011, 04:38 PM |#4  
Tivo7's Avatar
Senior Member
SystemUI.apk
Thanks Meter: 146
 
Donate to Me
More
"AppExctractor" can extract messages from previous clockwork mod recoveries.

The only flaw is that the backup has to have been made through ROM Manager.
26th October 2011, 08:39 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335
 
More
SMS Backup+ has the same problem (basically, all messages are restored to the date and time that you restored them, not when they were sent or received). It never did on my old phone. I suspect that Motorola is doing something non-standard with the timestamp on messages.
26th October 2011, 09:43 PM |#6  
TheBiles's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 167
 
More
Titanium Backup.


--
Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered TouchPad.
27th October 2011, 10:14 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I had the same issue with SMS Backup and Backup to Gmail. I ended up switching to GoSMS and used its built in backup feature. The restore worked perfectly! All dates show correctly.
28th October 2011, 09:34 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetorocks

I had the same issue with SMS Backup and Backup to Gmail. I ended up switching to GoSMS and used its built in backup feature. The restore worked perfectly! All dates show correctly.

I use GoSMS myself and I can confirm that in the GoSMS app itself, the dates restore correctly. However, the stock messaging app does not restore correctly (it puts the date/time of transfer/restore as the timestamp of all messages restored) using the GoSMS restore function any more. I'm not quite sure if it's an update thing or a phone thing as I went from an X2 to a Bionic but I believe it was broken in an update to the app itself.
28th October 2011, 10:21 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 113
 
More
Handcent backup took too long for me. Since then, I have used My Backup Pro, which has done a fantastic job of restoring my 6700 messages with time stamp intact. Try giving it a shot.

EDIT: Just kidding. Sorry kiddos. Next time I reflash, I'll see if Handcent restore works.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC
29th October 2011, 02:10 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 293
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocat

I use GoSMS myself and I can confirm that in the GoSMS app itself, the dates restore correctly. However, the stock messaging app does not restore correctly (it puts the date/time of transfer/restore as the timestamp of all messages restored) using the GoSMS restore function any more. I'm not quite sure if it's an update thing or a phone thing as I went from an X2 to a Bionic but I believe it was broken in an update to the app itself.

this is correct, i tried 3 different backup/restore apps before i realized that the problem is with the stock SMS app, not the backup/restore app. Handcent and ChompSMS do display the correct time even when the stock app does not. same problem on my Droid X too.
29th October 2011, 04:44 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilDX

this is correct, i tried 3 different backup/restore apps before i realized that the problem is with the stock SMS app, not the backup/restore app. Handcent and ChompSMS do display the correct time even when the stock app does not. same problem on my Droid X too.

Handcent doesn't display correct time and dates for me, I used sms backup to restore sms and call logs.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes