Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases

Tip us?
 
willl
Old
#1  
willl's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2006
Default Cases

I've just ordered this phone a few days ago and waiting for delivery from the UK.

Just wondering what cases others have used for this phone? Or recommendations even?

I've got an i-mate SP5 (HTC Tornado) at the moment, which came with a leather pouch/holder (that hangs on the belt etc). I doubt the SP5 case will fit the S740, which I know is much longer in size.

It doesn't have to be one made specifically for this phone, it just needs to fit it.
 
networkguy
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lincolnshire
I have one of the PDair aluminum cases for my S740. This followed me dropping the phone onto the sidewalk and cracking the nice front screen which in turn made me realize that the design of the phone offers no protection against this sort of accident.

So when I am out an about at the weekend, this wraps the phone in a very nice metal case that clips to the belt but gives you full access to all controls and buttons (except the QWERTY) without having to take the phone out of the case. You can then flip open the case (it has a hinge) to use the QWERTY if you need to.

So if what you need is proper protection against knocks, this is the case for you
 
willl
Old
#3  
willl's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2006
That's probably good advice. I do have a tendency to drop my phones.

My Tornado's somehow managed to survive everything thus far with plenty of scratches to show for it.

I've already ordered the Krusell case, so i'll see how that one goes first. Otherwise i'll probably end up getting the aluminum one too.
 
4omega
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by willl View Post
I've just ordered this phone a few days ago and waiting for delivery from the UK.

Just wondering what cases others have used for this phone? Or recommendations even?

I've got an i-mate SP5 (HTC Tornado) at the moment, which came with a leather pouch/holder (that hangs on the belt etc). I doubt the SP5 case will fit the S740, which I know is much longer in size.

It doesn't have to be one made specifically for this phone, it just needs to fit it.

Hi. I can recommend you the Krusell pouzdro Orbit flex or the Krusell Horizon.
 
motaba
Old
(Last edited by motaba; 20th January 2009 at 12:29 PM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default Krusell Orbit Flex for HTC S740

Hi
I have got case "Krusell Orbit Flex for HTC S740" for few days. It is not bad case. It is good, but it has few problems.

By motaba

1.
There is no openning for USB port
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9...1240607sz1.jpg

2.
Front of case is a little bit smaller, so phone is not covered/secured at front upper corner.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5...1240624ik1.jpg
3.
Hole for camera a little bit out of line , so you can see it in photos taken by phone.
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5...1240626pi4.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5...1240617eo0.jpg


But I still think that this case is very good. These are only minor problems.
Krusell Multiadapt system is perfect. I am gonna buy CarHoldickit and BikeHolderkit.
 
pspgamer
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2008
guys, i wanna buy this thing,
but i wanna know about the package inside the box, is it come with Slip case made of a soft black mesh fabric or not?

in some review they mention about this slip case
 
networkguy
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lincolnshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspgamer View Post
guys, i wanna buy this thing,
but i wanna know about the package inside the box, is it come with Slip case made of a soft black mesh fabric or not?

in some review they mention about this slip case
no it does not come with a case.

Some of the pre release Press Review Models had a mesh slip case thing in the box but the retail boxed device does not come with any for of case or cover.
 
motaba
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2008
Krusell Orbit Flex for HTC S740 package:




By motaba

In package is:
- case for phone
- SLIDE SWIVELKIT
- and this small plastic piece

By motaba
 
pspgamer
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by networkguy View Post
no it does not come with a case.

Some of the pre release Press Review Models had a mesh slip case thing in the box but the retail boxed device does not come with any for of case or cover.
oh ic..
what a pity,so we have to buy a proper case for this thing.
hmm, i think its a little hard to find.
i wonder to buy the simple case for this rose, just like the one from default in E90 nokia does, i think its cool case
 
simon211175
Old
#10  
simon211175's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 162
Join Date: Jul 2007
I got my S740 on an Orange contract. It came with a mesh style slip pouch. I've attached a photo of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	153215  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes