Switching between 2.3 and 3.2

Search This thread

19ant89

Dec 2, 2010
its official that im getting this phone. But wouldn't it be nice if they made it possible to switch between android 2.3 and android 3.2.

Who's with me.

DJ_Evil

Nov 29, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I would say it would be better to be able to switch between 2.3 and 4.0 if anything, but it would probably still be better just to be running 4.0 as it is a combination of 2.3 and 3.2 anyway ;)

adnan.makarevic

Nov 9, 2009
Nothing Phone 2
its official that im getting this phone. But wouldn't it be nice if they made it possible to switch between android 2.3 and android 3.2.

Who's with me.

Not really, while Galaxy Nexus whit android 4 start in two or three weeks whit sell. So whit Android 3.2 youre allready on a previously version. And im not a develpoper, but i had a Motorola Xoom and Asus Transformer, that are only pads, whitout phone function. Im not sure if Android 3.2 has this function intergrated it the system and it was only disabled, or some Devs here have to implement it in the OS.

Android 4 would be the better option to switch.. ;)

poisike

Jun 6, 2009

Who's with me.

Android 4.0 ICS is two in one. That's what i want, 5.3' screen and vanilla ICS. If i could be certain that vanilla ICS will be ported to Note, i would buy the Note right now. But nobody knows this for sure, so i guess i end up buying the Nexus.

wonsanim

Jan 25, 2007
Android 4.0 ICS is two in one. That's what i want, 5.3' screen and vanilla ICS. If i could be certain that vanilla ICS will be ported to Note, i would buy the Note right now. But nobody knows this for sure, so i guess i end up buying the Nexus.

Same I buy now the Note but I like a Nexus also:D

brgn

Oct 22, 2011
Well I guess it's pretty much save to say that Samsung will release an ICS update "soon". Knowing that people might skip the device due to no update announcement, they might just announce it officially tomorrow at the european release event in London..

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Well I guess it's pretty much save to say that Samsung will release an ICS update "soon". Knowing that people might skip the device due to no update announcement, they might just announce it officially tomorrow at the european release event in London..

Yes, but i don't want Touchwiz and the official update will certainly have it. I want vanilla ICS, but thats just me of course.

19ant89

Dec 2, 2010
Silly Me

i forgot all about android 4.0 ICS. With it specs being better than the Samsung galaxy nexus prime, all but the processor which isnt really a big difference, i would hope that it come with ICS.