Viewpad 10e

OP steviesteve78

4th April 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 3

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willierwil

hi everybody
i don't know if anyone is still interested, but i menaged to fully root (incl. shell) the lovely viewpad10e UK (gingerbread 2.3.3 v10e_vse_v1.0_20111201 kernel 2.6.35.7 locked by viewsonic), also easy changed the wifi setting modifying directly the wpa_supplicant.conf as to enable ADHOC connection to my phone (wm6.1), install market, ect ect. i will soon put a video on youtube.

pls let me know if any one still needed

wil

Hi Wil

Yes interested in rooting. Have you loaded any roms onto it and if so what is your opinion?
4th April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 2

40 posts
Hi Will,

Yes as said above.

Very interested in root details and instructions etc. (post link asap)

Things are starting to hot up now which is good.

ICS ROM before we know it
4th April 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #173  

40 posts
Has anyone managed to get a case that fits and allows access to all functions and also screen protectors ?

Please put a link up and tell me what you think about the quality.

Thanks

**UPDATE**

I have found this buy not sure if its really worth it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MultiView-...item3f15d9eec7
Last edited by zen200; 4th April 2012 at 06:02 PM.
4th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 13

17 posts
viewpad 10e rooted
well here we are .... after failing at least a dozen time this is how i did

I have done it using laptop WINXP (dunno on win7, I may try again using win7 pro)
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU WANT TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE YOU ARE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DO NOT RECCOMAND IT AT ALL AND THE DESCRIPTION BELOW IS PURELY FOR EDUCATION ONLY!!!! yep

my contact
Storagepertutti_gmail_com
links below are for downloading the files used (correct version!!):
(i have to put some underscores in the links below otherwise could not post them, just remove ALL THE UNDERSCORE)

SuperOneClickv2.3.zip
_h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8NWc0R1UwRjhSOHFJRW9mSXJYSjg3d w

ScreenShotOf-SuperClick&CMD.gif
_h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8M0RYNVRHYllUVm1nYXAxeUc5WUJ2Z w

htc_sync_3.0.5617_us.exeShared
_h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8M01fWGotclhUUWF4ZkxGSlludGxSU Q

VIEWPAD 10e (uk)
1) Do a full manufacturer reset (you will lose all installed apps, (if you need them run backup) but the external card will be ok don’t worry about, leave it in (setting> privacy setting> factory data reset> careful : leave the erase sd card un-tick and press <full reset>
2) When restart put the viewpad in usb debugging and stay awake mode (setting>applications>development>usb debugging tick and stay awake tick ), also increase the screen timeout to 30 min.( setting>display>screen timeout>30 sec)
[Certain settings are only to make visible things]
3) Meanwhile install htc android sync software on your PC (download link above) NOTE: after few min. through the installation the software will ask if you want to install HTC Sync ... click NO and then click finish.
4) Restart viewpad with external power connected But do not unlock the screen or get into any programs, wait one min. and then connect it to computer ( you will need usb to usb micro cable) and u ll see the PC installing all drivers for a good couple of min. and the screen of the viewpad will stay light up.
5) Download adb ( link above superclick ... contains adb which does not need installation .... when unzipped is ready to run ...... just remenber where you unzip it .)
6) Run cmd and go into adb directory:
"adbHDDdriverletter:" <enter> ( the letter of the HDD driver partition where the adb directory is followed by a column)
"cd adb" <enter>, directory where u unzipped adb
"adb root" <enter>
"adb shell" <enter>
"cd /bin" <enter> be careful to the space between cd and the slash
"ls -l --color=never su" <enter> just copy past eh? (just to clarify it is LS <space>-L<space> -- ....becarufull to spaces.)
"rm ./su" <enter> careful again to the space before the dot
7) run superclick 2.3.3 on your PC, press root
8) when finished (its very fast) close superclick and restart viewpad and redo from point 6 but this time un can unlock the pad screen so you can drag down the top bar and see what’s happening (always leave external power supply on), ALSO AFTER UNLOCKING THE SCREEN I CHOOSED THE STANDARD VIEWING NOT THE VIEWSCENE3D !!!
When done then goto point 9)

9) on superclick press root shell (careful it will take much longer then root (in the region of a minute, anyway) so better you watch the right hand side panel for when it say “/data/local/tmp/outputEND:79774”
10) Then press on the viewpad <turn on usb storage> (you will see it if the top bar's lowed down, which you should have it from previous steps anyway)
11) on the external sd card rename directory ".android_secure" i changed mine to: "TODELETE.android_secure" (i have done this because my market got stuck before, but it is not needed, if market get stuck just restart the pad)
12) come out from usb storage first using "removing hardware" on your pc and then from the tablet BUT
if the PC locks the usb mass storage (u cannot remove hardware) then make your PC at sleep and then remove usb cable
13) try if ur viewpad is really rooted running for example titanium backup or root explorer

WIFI TETHERING
tethering the pad to connect to ADHOC WIFI (NO TETHERING NEEDED really) from mobile phone running WM6.1 using WMWifiRouter.cab (u have to pay few quids):

using root explorer (IS A MUST) Ver.2.19 at least, modify those FILES:
1)
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf ( then over it <long click><open as><text editor>write the code below above the existing one, then copy the SSID and WAP key from the old code and put it in the second section "network { ssid...... home ssid, then delete the old codes, then <long click><select all><long click> <copy><save and exit>, u will see that root explorer saves the original file as ".bak" and new version as ".conf"

2)( similar to above)
/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf (<long click><open as><text editor><long click> <select all> <long click> <PASTE><save and exit>

codes to put in: (DO NOT PUT THE PART AFTER THE // BECoUSE its ONLY TO SEPARATE THE EXPLANATIONS)
----------------------------

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi //(interface loc.)
//eapol_version=2 not needed
update_config=1 //(how fast wifi refresh)
ap_scan=2 //(ad hoc connection)

network={
ssid="your adHOC SSID"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE //(because it is not a WPA encryption)
wep_key0=1234567890 //(MY PHONE HAS THIS WEP KEY change for yours)
priority=1 //(first to connect)
mode=1
}
network={
ssid="your home SSID" //( this is your normal ssid connection
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK //(because my home has WPA encryption)
psk="very secret passphrase" //(wap key)
priority=2 // (SECOND to connect)
mode=1
}
network={
ssid="your EXTRA MORE SSID" //( other ssid)
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="very secret passphrase"
priority=3 //(third to connect)
mode=1
}
// you can add as many section " network={...} " u need just increase +1 priority

----------------------------------
More ideas taken from Alessio2 from which I understood how it works MANY THANKS (remenber to remoce the underscores)
and
_h_t_t_p_:_/_/_linux.die._net/man/5/wpa_supplicant.conf
also
_h_t_t_p_:_/_/_w_w_w_._slatedroid._com/topic/9665-tether-your-android-tablet-with-your-mobile-phone-by-alessio2/

MORE TAKEN FROM :
_h_t_t_p_:_/_/_w_w_w_.slatedroid._com/topic/25748-firmware-flytouch-superpad-6-vi-v10-cortex-a8-vimicro/page__st__520 (do not remove the underscore of "/page__st__520)

MARKET VERSION works without rooting but must be version 4.3.3
... let me know how it goes,
enjoy

wil
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to willierwil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #175  

40 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by willierwil

well here we are .... after failing at least a dozen time this is how i did

I have done it using laptop WINXP (dunno on win7, I may try again using win7 pro)
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU WANT TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE YOU ARE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DO NOT RECCOMAND IT AT ALL AND THE DESCRIPTION BELOW IS PURELY FOR EDUCATION ONLY!!!! yep

my contact
Storagepertutti_gmail_com
links below are for downloading the files used (correct version!!):
(i have to put some underscores in the links below otherwise could not post them, just remove ALL THE UNDERSCORE)

SuperOneClickv2.3.zip
_h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8NWc0R1UwRjhSOHFJRW9mSXJYSjg3d w

ScreenShotOf-SuperClick&CMD.gif
_h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8M0RYNVRHYllUVm1nYXAxeUc5WUJ2Z w

htc_sync_3.0.5617_us.exeShared
_h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8M01fWGotclhUUWF4ZkxGSlludGxSU Q

VIEWPAD 10e (uk)
1) Do a full manufacturer reset (you will lose all installed apps, (if you need them run backup) but the external card will be ok don’t worry about, leave it in (setting> privacy setting> factory data reset> careful : leave the erase sd card un-tick and press <full reset>
2) When restart put the viewpad in usb debugging and stay awake mode (setting>applications>development>usb debugging tick and stay awake tick ), also increase the screen timeout to 30 min.( setting>display>screen timeout>30 sec)
[Certain settings are only to make visible things]
3) Meanwhile install htc android sync software on your PC (download link above) NOTE: after few min. through the installation the software will ask if you want to install HTC Sync ... click NO and then click finish.
4) Restart viewpad with external power connected But do not unlock the screen or get into any programs, wait one min. and then connect it to computer ( you will need usb to usb micro cable) and u ll see the PC installing all drivers for a good couple of min. and the screen of the viewpad will stay light up.
5) Download adb ( link above superclick ... contains adb which does not need installation .... when unzipped is ready to run ...... just remenber where you unzip it .)
6) Run cmd and go into adb directory:
"adbHDDdriverletter:" <enter> ( the letter of the HDD driver partition where the adb directory is followed by a column)
"cd adb" <enter>, directory where u unzipped adb
"adb root" <enter>
"adb shell" <enter>
"cd /bin" <enter> be careful to the space between cd and the slash
"ls -l --color=never su" <enter> just copy past eh? (just to clarify it is LS <space>-L<space> -- ....becarufull to spaces.)
"rm ./su" <enter> careful again to the space before the dot
7) run superclick 2.3.3 on your PC, press root
8) when finished (its very fast) close superclick and restart viewpad and redo from point 6 but this time un can unlock the pad screen so you can drag down the top bar and see what’s happening (always leave external power supply on), ALSO AFTER UNLOCKING THE SCREEN I CHOOSED THE STANDARD VIEWING NOT THE VIEWSCENE3D !!!
When done then goto point 9)

9) on superclick press root shell (careful it will take much longer then root (in the region of a minute, anyway) so better you watch the right hand side panel for when it say “/data/local/tmp/outputEND:79774”
10) Then press on the viewpad <turn on usb storage> (you will see it if the top bar's lowed down, which you should have it from previous steps anyway)
11) on the external sd card rename directory ".android_secure" i changed mine to: "TODELETE.android_secure" (i have done this because my market got stuck before, but it is not needed, if market get stuck just restart the pad)
12) come out from usb storage first using "removing hardware" on your pc and then from the tablet BUT
if the PC locks the usb mass storage (u cannot remove hardware) then make your PC at sleep and then remove usb cable
13) try if ur viewpad is really rooted running for example titanium backup or root explorer

WIFI TETHERING
tethering the pad to connect to ADHOC WIFI (NO TETHERING NEEDED really) from mobile phone running WM6.1 using WMWifiRouter.cab (u have to pay few quids):

using root explorer (IS A MUST) Ver.2.19 at least, modify those FILES:
1)
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf ( then over it <long click><open as><text editor>write the code below above the existing one, then copy the SSID and WAP key from the old code and put it in the second section "network { ssid...... home ssid, then delete the old codes, then <long click><select all><long click> <copy><save and exit>, u will see that root explorer saves the original file as ".bak" and new version as ".conf"

2)( similar to above)
/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf (<long click><open as><text editor><long click> <select all> <long click> <PASTE><save and exit>

codes to put in: (DO NOT PUT THE PART AFTER THE // BECoUSE its ONLY TO SEPARATE THE EXPLANATIONS)
----------------------------

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi //(interface loc.)
//eapol_version=2 not needed
update_config=1 //(how fast wifi refresh)
ap_scan=2 //(ad hoc connection)

network={
ssid="your adHOC SSID"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE //(because it is not a WPA encryption)
wep_key0=1234567890 //(MY PHONE HAS THIS WEP KEY change for yours)
priority=1 //(first to connect)
mode=1
}
network={
ssid="your home SSID" //( this is your normal ssid connection
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK //(because my home has WPA encryption)
psk="very secret passphrase" //(wap key)
priority=2 // (SECOND to connect)
mode=1
}
network={
ssid="your EXTRA MORE SSID" //( other ssid)
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="very secret passphrase"
priority=3 //(third to connect)
mode=1
}
// you can add as many section " network={...} " u need just increase +1 priority

----------------------------------
More ideas taken from Alessio2 from which I understood how it works MANY THANKS (remenber to remoce the underscores)
and
_h_t_t_p_:_/_/_linux.die._net/man/5/wpa_supplicant.conf
also
_h_t_t_p_:_/_/_w_w_w_._slatedroid._com/topic/9665-tether-your-android-tablet-with-your-mobile-phone-by-alessio2/

MORE TAKEN FROM :
_h_t_t_p_:_/_/_w_w_w_.slatedroid._com/topic/25748-firmware-flytouch-superpad-6-vi-v10-cortex-a8-vimicro/page__st__520 (do not remove the underscore of "/page__st__520)

MARKET VERSION works without rooting but must be version 4.3.3
... let me know how it goes,
enjoy

wil

I will be the first to say thanks for the effort !!!

Thanks Added
5th April 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #176  

17 posts
viewpad 10e
really hope it will work 4 all of u , it is an absolute beauty pad and so cheap, but so much work to do. what do u think of ICS . with GB i could be satified having a bettr keyboard, reprogram the bluetooth behaviour and control the self starting apps, setting them to start only when called.

wil
5th April 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #177  

40 posts
im yet to use ICS on any machine. I am currently waiting for the offical ICS release for Galaxy S2 on Vodafone... any day now.

Then I will decide if its worth ICS rom or not.

For some reason I am unable to get youtube working.

The app from mobile 1 store doesnt open and when i visit the site via browser it says needs to be opened using app. ????

Dam thing.
5th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #178  

17 posts
1 market
hi,
yes same 4 me,
sence i installed market. I think it crosses information of the google account.
I partially resolve it having the same google account in market and 1market then i open the browser and log into google with same account, 70% of times this works even if i jump from one market to the other, but that 30% when its stops or giving error i restart the pad and then it works

wil
7th April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #179  

17 posts
viewpad 10e rooted
anyone knows which file should I modify to have back the viewscene 3d, ... sence I root the shell i can't get it back on, ...ops
8th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #180  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Given up
Ok guys ,finally gave up on this terrible tablet . Sold it for 90 quid and put some money to an iPad 1st gen . Love android but this tablet was just awful to use , nice screen ,crappy processor , cheap price , bad build quality , seriously if you have one of these viewsonic 10 e tablets give up now , my iPad has a great battery life great screen ,latest operating system ,all and I mean ALL the apps and games work as they should . If you want to stick with this tablet, good luck waiting on viewsonic delivering a stable ICS update , I'm glad I got rid while I could still get some money for it , don't get me wrong I'm not an apple fanboy , I just needed a tablet that worked all the time . Anyway good luck .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
viewppad 10e uk root and mods
Previous Thread Next Thread