Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help required upgrading my tab from Froyo to Gingerbread 2.2.3

Tip us?

ukayani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry [Q] Help required upgrading my tab from Froyo to Gingerbread 2.2.3

Hi guys:

I recently bought a used T Mobile tab (model: SGH-T849). I am very tempted to upgrade it to Gingerbread 2.3.3. Just so you know i am currently located in Pakistan (Asia).

Current details on my tab say the following:

Model Number: GT-P1000
Firmware Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: P1000XXJHA
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 root@SEI-30#1
Build Number: FROYO.XXJMA

On checking *#1234# it displays:
PDA: (blank)
Phone: P100XXJHA
CSC: (blank)

After reading various forums, videos, manuals I think I am ready to upgrade it myself. The problem is that i want to upgrade to "P1000DXJPI" which i believe is the Samsung Tab Original Asia Gingerbread 2.2.3 release.

I have tried downloading P1000DXJPI from 4shared (P1000DXJPI.7zip):
(download failed at 53%.) Can you suggest a new and complete download link?)

a) Will this firmware technically work on my version of the tab

b) Which is the correct tar. (for firmware: P1000DXJPI) to download?

c) Which PIT. file to use with this firmware version- (gt-p1000_mr_PIT.zip????)

d) Odin 1.7 or 1.6

e) What "dbdata" file to use if it and tar. files already not the samething.

f) Do i need any CSC file? If Yes then which one and what does it do?

I know these are a lot of questions but before I go ahead and upgrade I need more and accurate information. I will be obliged if some expert on tab could help this noob.

Thank you

(PS: please guide me to complete article having the information i am looking for)

ukayani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
just so you know, i was able to successfully download the following 2 files. Now what do i exactly do with them?
  • P1000TDXJP4_P1000TDXJP1_P1000TOLBJP3_HOME
  • P1000DXJPI.7z

ukayani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default BUMP........ any help guys?

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

ukayani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Yes i did it

Guys looking for updating their GT-P1000 from Froyo to GingerBread:

Just go download "Mobile Odin Pro" from some blackmarket link.

Get the firmware for Gingerbread 2.3.3 you want to install. Upload it to you tab's disk (not the external sd card).

Start Mobile Odin Pro. It will ask you to update some software extensions based on your mobiles version and then all you need to do is to search the firmware file on you phone and select it automatically.

and then flash it. That's pretty much it.

Cons: this Mobile Odin Pro currently only works for few (3/4) Samsung mobiles. GT-P1000 happens to be one of them

Remember: Try to open the zip file on you computer and make sure to update all the required files after extracting the zip file. You can always create a new zip or rar to upload to you cell.

In case of any questions feel free to contact me. (usman.kayani@gmail.com) or PM me if they don't ban me

and for the bloody senior xda developers.. thank you for your no support for my original query. You guys suck!!!! (now sue me)

P.S: i am working on finding a solution to update GT-P1000 to icecreamsandwich custom. If i have the updates i will gladly share them with you. Thank you

ukayani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Can any one provide me a "free" download link for:

CSC: P1000OJPJJ1
Phone: P1000JXJJ1

Actually these are part of the official "Froyo 2.2" GT-P1000 in Pakistan (Carrier: Mobilink). I was having signal problems with other Gingerbread 2.3.3 roms i updated.

I want to downgrade to Froyo with "P1000JPJJ1" rom (which i have), however cant seem to find the exact CSC and Modem file.

I will also appreciate if some one can advice me on how to get the modem settings saved from an official tab and transferred to my tab.

Please correct me if i am wrong.. i order to get my signals working, i have to have the correct modem file? right combination will be:

Base Band: P1000JXJJ1
Kernal: 2.3.32.9 root@mea04#1
Build No: Froyo.JPJJ1

*#1234# would then show:
PDA: P1000JPJJ1
Phone: P1000JXJJ1 (Required)
CSC: P1000OJPJJ1 (Required)

Any help will be highly appreciated