Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hot

Tip us?

vikramdhani
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Hot

Man this Amaze can get really hot, i was wifi syncing my music and the moment i touched my phone it was super hot, wonder why the hell it is happening

all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill

CalicoJeb
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramdhani View Post
Man this Amaze can get really hot, i was wifi syncing my music and the moment i touched my phone it was super hot, wonder why the hell it is happening
How long have you had the phone?
Mine got warm first few days of use, but once broken in, all warmth went away. Regular temp like my MT4G now
Nexus 4.5
ROM? Who Cares - Its KitKat - ..I Sample Them All

vikramdhani
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoJeb View Post
How long have you had the phone?
Mine got warm first few days of use, but once broken in, all warmth went away. Regular temp like my MT4G now
I have the phone for a little over a week but today it was hot, i mean i have never felt a phone that hot, hope it will get better or may be this is how these phones are lol

all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill

antiquezip
Old
Thanks Meter 171
This morning I used Viber to make a call. Somewhere at the 29th minutes into the conversation I noticed the phone was getting so hot that I can not let it touch my face any more so I hanged up and check, Baterry Monitor Widget indicates temperature were at 114.4 Fahrenheit. I have 3Do case on at that moment so I took the case off in hopes to cool it down ...

Anyone ever get that kind of temperature with your phone before?

Nexus 4. DailyDriver
Stock. Rooted & Xposed.
Moto G.
Stock KitKat
HTC Amaze (Stolen)
HTC HD2 - iFixit & iBrokeit - retired

If you're planning to get dropbox for android, please uses this link so both you and me can get an extra free 250Mb
http://db.tt/xGMPM7Q

nguyendqh
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquezip View Post
This morning I used Viber to make a call. Somewhere at the 29th minutes into the conversation I noticed the phone was getting so hot that I can not let it touch my face any more so I hanged up and check, Baterry Monitor Widget indicates temperature were at 114.4 Fahrenheit. I have 3Do case on at that moment so I took the case off in hopes to cool it down ...

Anyone ever get that kind of temperature with your phone before?
Is this something we should be worried about?
I just got my Amaze yesterday and haven't even used it yet.
Waiting for a screen protector.
Is this a common problem? 114f sounds pretty serious.
If I've helped at all please hit the "THANKS" button.

Use this link: http://min.us/rzal6B5 for 11GB of cloud storage FREE! Via MINUS app free on Market!!

Leachpunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This may be weird, but have you guys switched to the SIM cards included in the box? The first week I had mine, it used to get really hot, I read somewhere that switching to the new sim card fixed that. Just a guess really, mine gets warm, but only after intensive use for about an hour or so..
HTC Dream (G1) (sold), HTC Leo (HD2) (sold), HTC HD7 (Zune player), Motorola Defy (Sold), Viewsonic G-Tab (Broken )

Current HTC Amaze 4G Revolutionized NonSense (waiting for a CM9 or AOSP build of some sort)

Google Nexus 7 (Please ship soon)

daswahnsinn
Old
Thanks Meter 89
There is an update too that was released and that from what I've heard has helped with this type of issue.

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Just about every phone overheats once in awhile but you'll notice it a lot more with HTC phones because of the materials (metals) used to build the phone. Metals will always be too hot in the Summer and too cold in the winter. Similar to leather seats in a car without the heat or a/c on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

antiquezip
Old
(Last edited by antiquezip; 21st November 2011 at 05:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyendqh View Post
Is this something we should be worried about?
I just got my Amaze yesterday and haven't even used it yet.
Waiting for a screen protector.
Is this a common problem? 114f sounds pretty serious.
Not sure since this is my first 1/2 hour conversation - I will recheck again tomorrow with both calling on Tmobile and Viber to sort it out. I suspect it may cause by using Viber eventhough my previous use of Viber on HD2 did not caused such ...

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachpunk View Post
This may be weird, but have you guys switched to the SIM cards included in the box? The first week I had mine, it used to get really hot, I read somewhere that switching to the new sim card fixed that. Just a guess really, mine gets warm, but only after intensive use for about an hour or so..
I am using the new sim card that came with the package.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daswahnsinn View Post
There is an update too that was released and that from what I've heard has helped with this type of issue.
I'm on the latest firmware 1.36.531.6 though

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
Just about every phone overheats once in awhile but you'll notice it a lot more with HTC phones because of the materials (metals) used to build the phone. Metals will always be too hot in the Summer and too cold in the winter. Similar to leather seats in a car without the heat or a/c on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
I hopes it only happened once in a while too since I came from HD2 running both Winmo and Android - both SD card and Nand and my HD2 always been inside Otterbox Defender case and I've never had such issue.

Let's cross finger. Still have another 7 days to exchange tho
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP201111202315.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	789895  

Nexus 4. DailyDriver
Stock. Rooted & Xposed.
Moto G.
Stock KitKat
HTC Amaze (Stolen)
HTC HD2 - iFixit & iBrokeit - retired

If you're planning to get dropbox for android, please uses this link so both you and me can get an extra free 250Mb
http://db.tt/xGMPM7Q

nguyendqh
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Default Viber

Could you tell me what Viber is?
If I've helped at all please hit the "THANKS" button.

Use this link: http://min.us/rzal6B5 for 11GB of cloud storage FREE! Via MINUS app free on Market!!