[ROM] Stock Rooted Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3 odex & deodex (10-27-2011)

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
This is the stock 2.08.651.2 ROM from the RUU with the 2.08.651.3 update applied. All files in /system were updated and the new kernel is included (only changes in ramdisk from what I've read). Root, busybox, and bash have been added using dsixda's kitchen. Both odex and deodex versions are available. The only thing this ROM does not include from the update is the recovery.img.

If you are HBOOT 1.50 and HTC unlocked/S-On, you may have to flash the kernel differently and/or remove it from the .zip.

Post if there are any problems and make a backup before you flash if you're worried ;). I was surprised no one had done this yet and thought this might help some people until the RUU gets released.

ROM%20odex.PNG

Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3_odex.zip (md5: 689ba24756e433e3d109d7ae11b1156a)

Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3_deodex.zip (md5: 8a5f9bbef10ccf6f8586f372803a93fb)

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks. how will this different with freeza update kernel?
This is the stock 2.08.651.3 kernel. I don't know what freeza did to his, but I read his post saying the kernel source (zImage) hasn't changed. The only changes were in the ramdisk and probably related to the CIQ/tracking thing. That kernel and any using koush's anykernel updater script will work fine with this ROM and leave the ramdisk intact. This rom will get you updated to the latest official rom without worrying about having to re-flash a custom recovery.

huytrang90

Dec 22, 2010
This is the stock 2.08.651.3 kernel. I don't know what freeza did to his, but I read his post saying the kernel source (zImage) hasn't changed. The only changes were in the ramdisk and probably related to the CIQ/tracking thing. That kernel and any using koush's anykernel updater script will work fine with this ROM and leave the ramdisk intact. This rom will get you updated to the latest official rom without worrying about having to re-flash a custom recovery.

Awesome. Thanks for your work.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

cal4877

Dec 25, 2010
Los Angeles
forgot how to download this my phone is not yet rooted how can i download this sorry its been a while i that i havent done this last thime i did ruu was with my inspire

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
forgot how to download this my phone is not yet rooted how can i download this sorry its been a while i that i havent done this last thime i did ruu was with my inspire
This is just a .zip you flash with a custom recovery (like any other ROM here). I just mentioned the RUU in my first post to explain how I made the ROM.

this is working! but i still have HTC IQAgent not sure if that was part of the spyware
This only contains the changes that HTC made. I assume they fixed any of the security holes that TrevE pointed out. I don't think all of the tracking is bad. If you follow the suggestions by TrevE to remove all 'tracking', you end up killing things like the 'Favorites' function of the stock app drawer. That function obviously keeps track what apps you open and how frequently, but it can't work otherwise (and I doubt it gets sent off to HTC, especially if you opt-out of TellHTC).

Reactions: Rydah

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
also, will it wipe my current rom? im new to rom making and am using this as a base. dont know what part of scripting wipes. lol thanks

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
How do I know if I need the Odexed or Deodexed version?
You can use either version. Stock roms are odexed, while many custom roms are deodexed because it is easier to theme/mod. Deodex may have a longer startup time on first boot after a flash, but there is not really a huge difference between the two. You can google for more information if you're interested.

c4inam2n

Sep 8, 2009
Ok this might be a dumb question, Im on CleanRom2.2 and im using freeza's kernal, how much of a difference is there between the Fix that HTC rolled out compared to what freeza did with his kernal (It's been modified to remove cIQ (Carrier IQ) backend/frontend/misc from the kernel) and the CleanRom Version of the stock 2.08.651.2 ROM? Just trying to see if i need to flash this or stuck to what im running already.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Ok this might be a dumb question, Im on CleanRom2.2 and im using freeza's kernal, how much of a difference is there between the Fix that HTC rolled out compared to what freeza did with his kernal (It's been modified to remove cIQ (Carrier IQ) backend/frontend/misc from the kernel) and the CleanRom Version of the stock 2.08.651.2 ROM? Just trying to see if i need to flash this or stuck to what im running already.
Well, approximately 224 files (that's how many changed compared to my own custom ROM, so it may be off compared to a true stock 2.08.651.2 ROM) are patched/modified in /system and a few logging app's that are deleted. This is in addition to the changed in the ramdisk inside of boot.img (which is what you have using freeza's modified kernel). I'm sure Scott and other cooks will be updating their roms. You just have to re-do all of the mods using the new/patched app's in the 2.08.651.3 ROM.

c4inam2n

Sep 8, 2009
Well, approximately 224 files (that's how many changed compared to my own custom ROM, so it may be off compared to a true stock 2.08.651.2 ROM) are patched/modified in /system and a few logging app's that are deleted. This is in addition to the changed in the ramdisk inside of boot.img (which is what you have using freeza's modified kernel). I'm sure Scott and other cooks will be updating their roms. You just have to re-do all of the mods using the new/patched app's in the 2.08.651.3 ROM.

Ok makes more sense to me now, thx for the quick response!

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
This is just a .zip you flash with a custom recovery (like any other ROM here). I just mentioned the RUU in my first post to explain how I made the ROM.

This only contains the changes that HTC made. I assume they fixed any of the security holes that TrevE pointed out. I don't think all of the tracking is bad. If you follow the suggestions by TrevE to remove all 'tracking', you end up killing things like the 'Favorites' function of the stock app drawer. That function obviously keeps track what apps you open and how frequently, but it can't work otherwise (and I doubt it gets sent off to HTC, especially if you opt-out of TellHTC).

Thanks for posting this bud. I'm with you on the tracking stuff, esp when we started seeing reports of people losing functions from the removal of the "tracking" stuff. I'm all for tracking stuff to help better guage customers use habits and help them better address those needs/wants, as long as there is a proper opt out thing. I would also think they now have the info secure as opposed to just there where any app with internet privalages could access the info and send it out.

id much rather the devs start leaving ths stuff all in there and then just having a zip to flash and remove the tracking stuff if ppl want it out and they are all paranoid about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the stock 2.08.651.2 ROM from the RUU with the 2.08.651.3 update applied. All files in /system were updated and the new kernel is included (only changes in ramdisk from what I've read). Root, busybox, and bash have been added using dsixda's kitchen. Both odex and deodex versions are available. The only thing this ROM does not include from the update is the recovery.img.

If you are HBOOT 1.50 and HTC unlocked/S-On, you may have to flash the kernel differently and/or remove it from the .zip.

Post if there are any problems and make a backup before you flash if you're worried ;). I was surprised no one had done this yet and thought this might help some people until the RUU gets released.

ROM%20odex.PNG

Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3_odex.zip (md5: 689ba24756e433e3d109d7ae11b1156a)

Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3_deodex.zip (md5: 8a5f9bbef10ccf6f8586f372803a93fb)
    I do not have that version, can you post a link please?

http://min.us/miIjYeXTn

Uploaded it from my phone.... Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Even better, official web site: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

this is working! but i still have HTC IQAgent not sure if that was part of the spyware
    also, will it wipe my current rom? im new to rom making and am using this as a base. dont know what part of scripting wipes. lol thanks
    No, it won't wipe your current rom.
    Anybody else loose wifi tether, not going to flash if there is an issue with it using wifi tether.
    wifi-tether-beta6 worked fine for me when I just tested it. I choose Evo 3d profile and the routing fix, though I don't know if either/both are required for it to work.