[kernel][3 FEB] [Reaper AOSP V1.3 | Endymion-Sense3.5 V2.1 | Hyperion-Sense3.0 V2.0]
Reaper, Hyperion, and Endymion Kernels
As more people are using my kernels in their own ROMs, I'm creating this thread to keep an updated version of both kernels available for everyone.
As their names imply, these kernels are first tested extensively on my own ROMs with the same name, but I can't off course guarantee the same level of performance on other ROMs
All kernels have all features tested and working on the desire S, namely front facing camera and stereo video recording.All kernels allow overclocking up to around 1.5GHz. This is deliberately lower than other kernels, as I won't be responsible for freezing leading to battery pull leading to 350€ beautiful bricks.
Reaper kernel as been known to work on Reaper ROM (of course
), MIUI, and CM7 derivatives.
Reaper AOSP kernel - Current version V1.3
Changelog from regular CM7 kernel:
- Forked and tweaked from latest CM7 source
- Deadline IO scheduler
- BFS task scheduler
- Added smartass cpufreq governor
- Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
- Added Scary cpufreq governor
- Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)
- Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
- Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
- Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz
- Added SIO IO Scheduler
- Added VR IO Scheduler
- Added SmartassV2 CPU Governor
Hyperion Sense 3.0 kernel - Current version V2.0
Changelog from V1.2:
- Back to CFS, I'm trying to merge both Endymion and Hyperion kernels
- No default undervolting
. People with stable devices under Hyperion previous releases may safely apply 50mV undervolt with OC/UV beater. This way is safer for everyone
- Some gpu tweaks
- kernel-level support for ext2 and ext3. Together with already included loop device support, should help those people trying to run ubuntu under Hyperion.
Endymion Sense 3.5 kernel - Current version V2.1
Changelog from V2.0:
added Reaper governor, a modified smartassV2. Choose for performance.
Changelog from V1.1:
- Removed default UV: should be rock stable for everyone
- Added some gpu tweaks
Feel free to include the kernels in your own roms, but I put a lot
of time and work on them. So if you do include them, a simple thanks and a link to the original roms they were released in
would be very nice of you.
And of course, if you want to check the full potential of the kernels, give the Hyperion, Endymion and Reaper ROMs a go!