5,597,501 Members 32,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone seen this problem? Bluetooth connects to Media Audio but not Phone Audio

Tip us?

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Anyone seen this problem? Bluetooth connects to Media Audio but not Phone Audio

I got myself a bluetooth headset recently. It's Plantronics 855, and I had one with my old phone until I lost it. Never had a problem with it. However, with my Shift, it's started this funny thing where the phone will say the headset is paired but not connected. I'll click it to connect, and it will say "Connected to Media Audio," but it never connects to phone audio. The only solution that I have found is to restart the phone.

Anyone know anything about this, or experience anything similar? Better yet, know a solution?

FWIW, I'm running MikShifted-G.

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
I'm not sure if this is a headset issue, or Rom issue. Try deleting the headset out of the phone. Power down the phone, then restart the phone. Then try pairing the headset back up, and see if that solves the issue. If not, do you have another cell phone you can pair the headset up with? To check if the issue follows the headset. Then maybe try pairing up another headset to the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
I'll give all of that a shot. I do have another phone I can pair with - a Blackberry. I had the headset connected to it for a while, but not long enough to see if this problem happened.

sdfor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have the same issue

I have an android, thunderbolt phone, and a jabra drive handsfree car speaker and the same thing happens to me.

Sometimes turning bluetooth off and on works other times rebooting the phone works and sometimes nothing works and then a day later it pairs.

I hate blue tooth. A wire always works.

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
It's a headset AND phone issue. But never had an earpiece connect to the wrong one.