USB Female to USB micro adapter

Tip us?

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luken10 View Post
Hey guys just purchased this cable here on ebay and got it today. However i can not get it to work with anything. I have the stock rom rooted, and I also have the sixaxis app installed (don't know if that changes anything). But the phone doesn't recognize anything and flash drives don't even light up. It could be my issue, but it seems like no one else had to really fiddle with any settings to get theirs to work. So as of right now I would recommend staying away from this one.

If anyone has an idea on how to make it work that would be great!
J picked up two of these (same as from the OP) http://www.ebay.com/itm/280743965523...84.m1439.l2649
and I tested it in my ATT SGS2 and did not have to mess with anything. I then tried it on my ATT SGS1 CAPTIVATE and it does not recognize it. So I am guessing it has to do with the phone or something in the OS. What phone do you have?

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING CM7

Luken10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the ATT GS2, so it should work without flaw. The captivate didn't support USB hosting, so that's why it didn't work. But i tried plugging it in to my old captivate too just to see if i could get a light from the flash drive. But there was nothing. I'm starting to think i got a faulty cable.

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luken10 View Post
I have the ATT GS2, so it should work without flaw. The captivate didn't support USB hosting, so that's why it didn't work. But i tried plugging it in to my old captivate too just to see if i could get a light from the flash drive. But there was nothing. I'm starting to think i got a faulty cable.
I just tested out changing the build.prop on the captivate with one line that I added to so it matched the sgs2, then rebooted. Now on the captivate there is a location for usbdisk under the STORAGE settings but it still doesn't recognize it plugged in. I was hoping it is something that with CM7 they could implement on the cappy also. I like the feature in my SGS2.

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
As you can see it still says unavailable. Wonder what it would take for it to work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1321135454867.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	780695  

DJSLINKARD
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Not sure exactly what your problem is but i can tell you this. I was running MIUI and it did not work so i switched back to UnNamed and now everything is working fine.

n1nj4dude
Old
(Last edited by n1nj4dude; 16th November 2011 at 04:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
It works on miui (i use it) its just a different folder name in /sdcard, my phones broken right now so i cant check it but i believe its like USBstor or something like that

So to the guy using cm7, check different folder names related to usb under /removable or /mnt or /sdcard/usbsomething just search for it, itsprobably just a differently named folder

Luken10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I talked to the seller on ebay and he said the cable i bought is ONLY compatible with the international Galaxy S 2. Is that possible? He is sending me a new cable because I am fairly certain it is faulty.

Also I checked the right folders, my phone simply will not recognize anything. The flash drive plugged in won't even light up.

n1nj4dude
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
idk then, you should purchase the one i have in the OP, i know it works, and its confirmed by multiple people in this thread... other than that i cant vouch for other sellers

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4dude View Post
It works on miui (i use it) its just a different folder name in /sdcard, my phones broken right now so i cant check it but i believe its like USBstor or something like that

So to the guy using cm7, check different folder names related to usb under /removable or /mnt or /sdcard/usbsomething just search for it, itsprobably just a differently named folder
If this was for me it DOES WORK on my ATT SGS2 running CM7. My post above was trying to get it to ALSO WORK in my i897 SGS1 CAPTIVATE running CM7 but it looks lime it is more than the build prop edit. I briefly spoke with Atinm about it for the captivate but be said they never looked into it. Maybe they can get it working in the future. I really find it useful.

n1nj4dude
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt View Post
If this was for me it DOES WORK on my ATT SGS2 running CM7. My post above was trying to get it to ALSO WORK in my i897 SGS1 CAPTIVATE running CM7 but it looks lime it is more than the build prop edit. I briefly spoke with Atinm about it for the captivate but be said they never looked into it. Maybe they can get it working in the future. I really find it useful.

sorry i must have read over the captivate part, yea i hope you can get it working, this is my first android phone so i wont be able to be much help as far as getting it to work on other devices... but it shouldnt be impossible, goodluck