Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 51,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official gb is not out yet

Tip us?

TheManii
Old
(Last edited by TheManii; 28th October 2011 at 07:53 PM.)
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1506

DONATE TO ME
Default Official gb is not out yet

EDIT: After doing a thourgh examination of the pkg it may contain a serious bug that could potentially cause a super-brick. Until I can confirm that it's safe to use DO NOT install it.

As with all updates not on the official server they're not released because they're not fully tested. This is NOT the first time a pkg was released that had serious bugs, do not install.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Do you know what frequencies are used in that model? I know that Dell sells an unlocked models for AT&T and T-Mobile. Does the Olleh model match one of those or are the frequencies different? Does it matter?

I should get my Venue (AT&T version) on Monday. It will be interesting to see what ROM is on it.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1506

DONATE TO ME
It shouldnt matter, nor do I know what submodel is sold in korea anyway
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rapol.goutham
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Can I use it on my device?
My build no was 13040.
If this is not build version then how to find my build version.
Indian version, network independent I mean i can use any sim.

Sent from my Dell Venue using XDA App

streak4m3
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Awesome! Thanks The Manii!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
Do you know what frequencies are used in that model? I know that Dell sells an unlocked models for AT&T and T-Mobile. Does the Olleh model match one of those or are the frequencies different? Does it matter?

I should get my Venue (AT&T version) on Monday. It will be interesting to see what ROM is on it.
If you bought unlocked AT&T version then probably 325, if locked AT&T then 321.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapol.goutham View Post
Can I use it on my device?
My build no was 13040.
If this is not build version then how to find my build version.
Indian version, network independent I mean i can use any sim.

Sent from my Dell Venue using XDA App
After you flash the right recovery it will work with your SIM - but you will have to switch from Korean to English, and most likely there are no other languages besides those two (I installed Olleh GB ROM on my Dell Streak yesterday and can attest to that). But certain things may not work like USSD codes (if you need to check your data, minute balance with your provider via SMS type service) and so on. I would suggest waiting to see if Dell would have an unlocked retail version out that will support all languages and will not be carrier specific.
The Following User Says Thank You to streak4m3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crazy Axe
Old
(Last edited by Crazy Axe; 4th November 2011 at 07:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys, need your help. I have a Dell Venue Olleh 2.2.2 Android. I turn wi-fi status bar freezes, hangs up the phone, too. restarts itself. Lost network. Turn off the wi-wi, reboot the phone and everything is normal. Reset all did. It did not help. I apologize for my bad English, I write a transleyt.
When the wi-fi It is on, sometimes (if you pull down the status bar often) Flies system error and he reloaded. If the status bar does not touch, you can enter the market to upload something. Still slower than usual by 50%

streak4m3
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Getting anxious in anticipation of the GB ROM. Hope Dell can release it soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to streak4m3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]