Any frequently asked questions will go here.
Q: Can you upload to something other than Mediafire? It's blocked at my home/work/school/somewhere.
A: No. I like Mediafire and it's fast and I don't have to wait for like 5 hours and look at half a billion ads like you do on RapidShare, and Google Code has a terrible uploader and doesn't support large files (such as a ROM).
Q: A certain feature doesn't work on Fugumod. What's wrong?
A: Well to be honest, I usually don't know. This ROM is heavily built around G3MOD. A lot of important features in this ROM are built around G3MOD so I can't guarantee any success on Fugumod. If you experience a lot of issues on Fugumod + Kyorarom, then I suggest using Kyrillos' ROM. I'd love to debug these problems on Fugumod but it is a lot of effort switching between Fugumod and G3MOD all the time and considering the amount of projects I already have, and also a personal life I must maintain, it's too much effort sorry.
Q: Can I use Kyoraapp in my custom ROM?
A: Sorry but no. Kyoraapp is branded with the Kyorarom logo all over it because that's what it is for. I don't mind if someone puts it in their phone for themselves, but I don't want to see it in someone elses ROM if they have uploaded it. What you can use however is applock and applock_service and the init.d script S99_kyoralock and give me credit for them. Kyoraapp is actually just an interface. It doesn't do any of the processing for Kyoratweaks or Kyoralock. All of that nice stuff is done by the scripts I coded up. I did it that way because then I don't have to keep bugging moikop when I update the script. He just needs to add new options in the app when needed.
Q: What kernel do you recommend I use?
A: Well currently you have three main options:
1) Fugumod: This is proven to be reliable and stable and fast, however it has got a few quirks with Kyorarom and I lack the effort to debug for something I don't use. I'd rather spend my time using only G3MOD/Kyorakernel.
2) G3MOD: This has by far the most features out of any kernel for our phone. The problem is that for some it is way too many and it causes battery drain and instabilities. I love G3MOD but it can cause people problems and for those people I used to recommend trying Fugumod, however there is another option now...
3) Kyorakernel: This is built from the ground up. It's not a modification of G3MOD or Fugumod, this is a whole new kernel built from Samsungs source codes and it has features from G3MOD that we all love and are proven to be stable. Kyorakernel aims for simplicity, but also offering a broad featureset to make people not need to sacrifice too much. However I can't completely recommend it yet as it is still young.
Q: What will your next phone be?
A: It'll be another Samsung definitely. I have owned an LG in the past and it was good, but not amazing, HTC annoy me (the hardcore locking they do on the phone is ridiculous), Sony are evil, and Motorola are boring. My next phone will be Samsungs next top phone (Galaxy S3?).
Really you should try them all and see which works best for you.
Samsung Galaxy 3:
No ROM + Kernel 3.4.x Project
Google|Asus Nexus 7:
CyanogenMod 10.1 + CM10.1 Kernel
Sony Xperia Arc S:
FXP CyanogenMod 10 + CM10 Kernel
Ubuntu 12.10 + ODROID Ubuntu Kernel
Previous phones: Samsung Galaxy S2
Kyorarom (G3-F) (G3-ICS)
- G3MOD Kernel
- Kernel 3.4 Project for Galaxy 3
- Hybrid Data2SD - HD2SD v2 - Kernel 3.3.8 for Linksys WAG160N