Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 38,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[21 JUN 2012] DORIMANX ICS Kernel 7.3 Linux 2.6.32.59 OC 96/1.62 CFS and OC Stable!

Tip us?

Lucadp
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombe View Post
I return on 3. 9 kernel.... The Last one without issues
for me is still the best release on my ROM!

Nixda99
Old
Thanks Meter 181
4.5 and 4.6 works top with Dorimanx 3.08.
Wondered why he dont go to 96Mhz in standby (SetCPU-TimeInState), which I have set in ScreenOff Profile. It's because he goes to the fixed DeepSleep mode, which I see only in "CPU Spy".
Use the hyper governour in 4.5+4.6, very fast, only a little bit more power consumption in games than smartassv2.

Thank you dorimanx for your hard work, you are a real fighter!
If I could help you, please press Thanks.
Phone 1: Galaxy S2 Android rom: Slim Saber Radio: XXMS4
Phone 2: the legendary HD2 Android rom: Slim Rom Build 2 from chautruongthinh (4.3.1 Jelly Bean)
Bootloader: Black CLK v1.5.2.1 from kokotas Recovery: Extended TWRP 2.5.0.5 Radio: 2.15.50.14

themadproducer
Old
(Last edited by themadproducer; 13th February 2012 at 10:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1270
Default No Sound Bug Possible FIX

Dorimanx,
I was one of the guys who Spear Headed the Quest to not only PROVE there was a major No Sound Bug when using BT Voice Command....but user ph03n!x took it to a new level by creating a dedicated thread about the topic and coordinated the efforts of all users and devs involved. This thread has been barely alive until lately.

marc1706 seems to have found the root cause behind No Sound issue caused by 2WCR....HERE.

ph03n!x talks about it HERE and refer's to Warrenb213's Non-sense kernel and fhasovic's kernel who have implemented the fix.

I believe it needs further mass testing to be 100% sure and I for one would love to see you implement it into your Kernel at least for testing. What do you think?

I REALIZE you might be away for the next few days so no rush.
Samsung Galaxy S3 I747m - 2gb Ram/LTE, Stock Rom Rogers LH1, ICS rooted CWM 6.12 (as of February 10 2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to themadproducer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zackz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Wifi problem??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafly View Post
I've tried again. turn airplane mode on and off, now wifi works!
This method is so tired... How many times to on & off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafly View Post
about version 4.6:
1. finally no more freeze issue.
2. wifi does not work

tried rom Dorimanx-Rom-3.0.8 and Hyperdroid 5.8.0

I have faced this prob since update from 4.1 & still happened till 4.3.
On 4.4 still have the prob too especially when my phone move far from the wifi source then cannot turn off the wifi when there is no signal. So, I found this app then installed it, walla! the prob is disappeared.

http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&rc...7_WuFHvUunGkXQ

Yank555
Old
(Last edited by Yank555; 13th February 2012 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9803
Hi,

Been on 4.6 for almost a day, looks all fine to me, everything's working as expected (calling, WiFi, BT...), battery drain is excellent, and system feels really swift

Thanx Dorimanx !! --> Confirmation number: 7FN64352X0137744H (was about time I did it )

ROM : Tytung's NexusHD2 GB v3.2a
Kernel : no-2-way, NexusHD2 stock initrd, no VPN, no Busybox, no zram

JP.
Nexus 5 32Gb
Stock rooted AOSP / CWM / 768Mb zSwap
Yank555.lu kernel v1.0-alpha5

OnePlus One 64Gb
Faulty device, still waiting on customer service to reply...

Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
64Gb FAT32 / ROMs change / KK bootloader / CWM
Kenrel change

SGS3 I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
Kernels available in my Forum !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

svet-am
Old
Thanks Meter 4
sorry to be a bit of a n00b.... do I have to modify the initrd for this kernel if I'm installing it on Tytung's NexusHD2 ROM (his latest version) with AOSP 2.3.7?

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by svet-am View Post
sorry to be a bit of a n00b.... do I have to modify the initrd for this kernel if I'm installing it on Tytung's NexusHD2 ROM (his latest version) with AOSP 2.3.7?
I got this part figured out and was able to flash the kernel. Now I'm not able to see my SD card. Is that expected? Did I miss a step?
this space intentionally left blank.

general1977
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
sorry to be a bit of a n00b.... do I have to modify the initrd for this kernel if I'm installing it on Tytung's NexusHD2 ROM (his latest version) with AOSP 2.3.7?[COLOR="Silver"]
The easiest way to flash this (and other) kernel(s) is to flash the unchanged kernel first. Just leave the zip as it is and flash the "wrong" initrd.gz. Immediately after flashing the kernel, flash the "initrd flasher for Nexus HD" which you can find here. Don't reboot inbetween. This file only flashes the original initrd.gz from tytung. This way you can also flash new kernels with the phone only. Just keep the initrd flasher on the SD card.

Regards
Achim

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4257

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I got this part figured out and was able to flash the kernel. Now I'm not able to see my SD card. Is that expected? Did I miss a step?
Did you copy your initrd.gz to the initrd-Custom folder ? Also , under settings , storage , does it say there is a storage card insterted ?

svet-am
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Did you copy your initrd.gz to the initrd-Custom folder ? Also , under settings , storage , does it say there is a storage card insterted ?
yes, I copied the NexusHD initrd into the initrd-Custom folder. Under storage, it says none found. However, if I eject the card, it detects that event.

I reflashed back to the tytung_r14 kernel and it sees the SD card again. Something screwy is going on with the this kernel.
this space intentionally left blank.

h.oosterhuis@casema.nl
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Hi DORINANX

I am using your latest Rom an 4.6 Kernel. Testing now and everything is working great. This is the fastest Rom I used ever and I tested a lot of them on my favorit HTC HD2.
Have now for allmost 2 years and it is a part of my body.
One question I have.
I am using themechooser and go launcher to get the best ICS look.
As you probebly now the norification bar dous not show any text because it hase the wrong color. Is is possible to ad this in your new kernel ore am I asking for somthing that is not possible to change at all.

Thanks for the great Rom and Kernel Greetz from Holland

Henk Oosterhuis

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Tags
best kernel, boost boot, clk kernel, cron, dorimanx, fast kernel, mag kernel