Post Reply

[21 JUN 2012] DORIMANX ICS Kernel 7.3 Linux 2.6.32.59 OC 96/1.62 CFS and OC Stable!

24th April 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #4111  
pappt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Szeged
Thanks Meter: 31
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
USB Storage
Hi!

If i copy files via usb cable, the files only visible after restart...i use 6.5D kernel...
24th April 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #4112  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 363
 
993 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmacas

Hey Dori,

I would like to report again about 6.6C. In comparison with 5.7 the kernel runs slower. The apps are starting slower. And even if others may do not have this problem: The typing with my SwiftKey Keyboard has a delay which confuses me a bit. As always... I don't know if this report helps you in any way but I hope so.

I tested with Typhoon 3.8.0 with and without ZRAM activated.

Gesendet von meinem HTC HD2 mit Tapatalk 2

Hey Charmacas,

I observe the exact same thing than you!
And I can prove it; I have a Tasker profile which is activated at "screen off" event; it takes 1.5 longer to execute with kernel 6.6 than with kernel 5.7.
All other Tasker profiles suffer too from slower start and execution - not only the "screen off" one...

Dorimanx, could you make next releases as fast as 5.7?
24th April 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #4113  
dorimanx's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Some Where North!
Thanks Meter: 61,243
 
8,890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75

Hey Charmacas,

I observe the exact same thing than you!
And I can prove it; I have a Tasker profile which is activated at "screen off" event; it takes 1.5 longer to execute with kernel 6.6 than with kernel 5.7.
All other Tasker profiles suffer too from slower start and execution - not only the "screen off" one...

Dorimanx, could you make next releases as fast as 5.7?

i will try, i have added some more ported code from cm9. to hd2,

soon i get my cool hd2, then i can really forward in fixing things.


Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #4114  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,386
 
6,826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
anyone notice beta 6.6c with wifi, i would get disconnected(due to interference from cordless cell phones) but in order to reconnect i have to either turn off wifi or open the wifi settings. Anybody else notice this?
24th April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #4115  
chineel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 280
 
397 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

anyone notice beta 6.6c with wifi, i would get disconnected(due to interference from cordless cell phones) but in order to reconnect i have to either turn off wifi or open the wifi settings. Anybody else notice this?

No I am used to be on WIFi 24/7 but never faced this problem, I Using cordless at home. please check your channel of RF in cordless
The Following User Says Thank You to chineel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #4116  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,386
 
6,826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chineel

No I am used to be on WIFi 24/7 but never faced this problem, I Using cordless at home. please check your channel of RF in cordless

I know, theres nothin i can do bout the cordless phones, but what happens is if i leave my wifi area and it disconnects, then i get back in the area, i have to either open up wifi settings, or turn wifi off then on in order for it to connect.
25th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #4117  
themadproducer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,282
 
2,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I know, theres nothin i can do bout the cordless phones, but what happens is if i leave my wifi area and it disconnects, then i get back in the area, i have to either open up wifi settings, or turn wifi off then on in order for it to connect.

Last time I had something like that happen to me...it was a simple glitch. I was uing a Power Widget or Wifi widget to enable WIFI module (can't remember which one specifically). To correct the issue, I took the long route /settings/wireless & net.../and disabled wifi...waited...then re-enabled it.
The Following User Says Thank You to themadproducer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #4118  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,386
 
6,826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadproducer

Last time I had something like that happen to me...it was a simple glitch. I was uing a Power Widget or Wifi widget to enable WIFI module (can't remember which one specifically). To correct the issue, I took the long route /settings/wireless & net.../and disabled wifi...waited...then re-enabled it.

Hmmm, I only use the notification pull down toggle switches on cm7 ROMs... if that's what's causing it I'll live with it ^-^

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
25th April 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #4119  
Hammerfest's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,590 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Donate to Me
Dorimanx:

On my Tablet (i know different then phone, but im asking anyway), I use a kernel that has the following, and I wanted to see if maybe you could port it to our HD2's

"1.0-Veno Add TCP_VENO as default ipv4 Congestion Control Method"
with a link to "general" info here: http://www.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/fileadmin/...Journal/J3.pdf

I along with others using the kernel have noticed improved throughput, I dont know what your kernel used, but thought id ask about it

"add exFAT and NTFS support"

IIRC, your kernel already has NTFS support, so I guess Im wondering if exFAT support is possible, its got better read/write and iops in all tests ive done and I actually prefer to use it over NTFS and FAT32 whenever I can (says all my HDD's except boot drive in my PC, and all my flash drives)

and maybe if you have a chance ala some free time, take a look at the BFS updates to see if its fixed for us... I am one of the few who didnt have any SU issues with BFS, and actually use a kernel on my sisters Evo Shift that has it working fine... also, SuperSU is out now and quickly replacing SuperUser so maybe a new round of testing with the new app+su bin might be in order


Either way, thanks again for all your work and I hope you get your HD2 soon
25th April 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #4120  
dorimanx's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Some Where North!
Thanks Meter: 61,243
 
8,890 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfest

Dorimanx:

On my Tablet (i know different then phone, but im asking anyway), I use a kernel that has the following, and I wanted to see if maybe you could port it to our HD2's

"1.0-Veno Add TCP_VENO as default ipv4 Congestion Control Method"
with a link to "general" info here: http://www.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/fileadmin/...Journal/J3.pdf

I along with others using the kernel have noticed improved throughput, I dont know what your kernel used, but thought id ask about it

"add exFAT and NTFS support"

IIRC, your kernel already has NTFS support, so I guess Im wondering if exFAT support is possible, its got better read/write and iops in all tests ive done and I actually prefer to use it over NTFS and FAT32 whenever I can (says all my HDD's except boot drive in my PC, and all my flash drives)

and maybe if you have a chance ala some free time, take a look at the BFS updates to see if its fixed for us... I am one of the few who didnt have any SU issues with BFS, and actually use a kernel on my sisters Evo Shift that has it working fine... also, SuperSU is out now and quickly replacing SuperUser so maybe a new round of testing with the new app+su bin might be in order


Either way, thanks again for all your work and I hope you get your HD2 soon

i need to find the exfat code, its not included in kernel,
about bfs, its works fine with ics
so its can be tested.

and the new superuser maybe will act differently.
i will run the tests as soon as i can.
i need device. its already in postoffice.
they will ask to take it soon, and tell me where to go.

Sent from my GT-I9100

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best kernel, boost boot, clk kernel, cron, dorimanx, fast kernel, mag kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in HD2 Android NAND Development by ThreadRank