{X10} [Discussion Room] CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia

Search This thread

Arnold.Alexius

Aug 12, 2011

"The only rule of CyanogenMod: You dont ask for ETAs."

Dear All,

This thread is created to separate non development post inside CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia Development thread and to keep it clean.

What can you post here?
-Anything related to FXP & CyanogenMod
-Installation problem
-Non-FXP kernels for FreeXperia CM
-possibly bug? (before forwarded to FXP, which its might not from the ROM)
-problem with installation
-previous version of FXP release.
-All noob questions

What you should NOT post in development thread?
-Thanks, Thank you or +1 (just hit button THANKS if someone else helped you)
-Reporting the same bug that already been raised (please use/view BUGTRAKER before posting/reply)
-Reporting bug on previous version (J & Team are development for latest version, not old )(you can post it here)
-If you plan on downloading new release/the ROM (no need to mention, just download and report the bug)

I hope J / FXP and Team FreeXperia don't mind if i made this thread.

CyanogenMod Development Thread:
{X10}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM7.2.0 - FreeXperia Project
CyanogenMod 7.2 Installation Guide by colossus

{X10}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.0 - FreeXperia Project
CyanogenMod 9.0 Installation Guide by colossus

Official CyanogenMod Website:
CyanogenMod

If you like to donate:
FXP paypal

and always hit THANKS to FXP and Team FreeXperia for a great ROM.

Fix for:
{CM9.0} Unofficial Camera hack/fix. thanks to zdzihu

getprop" error... HERE , THANKS TO Hzu

DATA BUG FIX CM9 Thanks to G-par

uploaded.to working in U.S. Solution. Thanks to TAL333

Now let the discussion begin ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

anakinlam95

Oct 11, 2010
Hong Kong
honestly
wts the difference between z & j cm7 rom
apparently there're fewer bugs in z's rom
but everyone (including me just install j's rom)

T

TheRush

plz show me a link on how to install fxp043 for x10i

plz post a link showing me how to install fxp043 for x10i

redfire2002

Oct 27, 2011
Anyone have their wifi working? i get "error" when i try to turn it on.

Heres what im running;

Android 2.3.7
Basband: 2.1.71
Kernal: 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v05a-FS DooMLoRD@chaos #1
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-es209ra-KANG

Now i did install dooms wifi zip using CWM recovery and still nothing. This is a copy&paste from his post of the files i downloaded and installed..

for CM7-FXP ROM (and ROMS based on CM7-FXP ROM)

x10_FXP_DooMKernel-v05-FS.ftf (with CWM recovery integrated in kernel)
[ MD5HASH : 0c40335ccbb11524ca356a2918c7c73e ]

CM7FXP-DooMKernel-v05-FS_wifi_CWM.zip (can be flashed via CWM recovery)

MAGPC

Mar 13, 2011
Would you consider adding a changelog to the first page of the Development thread? :D
Thank you.

Z3US911

Jan 10, 2011
Delhi
Anyone have their wifi working? i get "error" when i try to turn it on.

Heres what im running;

Android 2.3.7
Basband: 2.1.71
Kernal: 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v05a-FS DooMLoRD@chaos #1
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-es209ra-KANG

Now i did install dooms wifi zip using CWM recovery and still nothing. This is a copy&paste from his post of the files i downloaded and installed..

U have to flash wifi modules from xrecovery not from CWM recovery.

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk

mpolanski

Mar 24, 2009
HELP!!!

I just wanted to reinstall FXP043, and I guess I have wiped bit too much.

Now when I try to install FXP from CWM recovery I get:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10i"
and so on...

Any ideas hot to fix it? I tried to reinstall with stock, but SE Companion doesn't seem to work.

mpolanski

Mar 24, 2009
Ok. I've managed to recover my installation. But... I'd like to have fresh, clean FXP043. And now...

First I tried to reinstall update-cm-7.1.0-es209ra-KANG-signed and gapps with recovery.
I've ended up with nothing changed.

Then I flashed SE rom with SE Companion. Runed it once, flashed FXP kernel, installed update and gapps with CWM.
I've ended up with FXP043 hanging up on CyanogenMod logo.

So now... I have a choice. Either use SE stock rom, or FXP that I have backed up.
I'm desperate.

Arnold.Alexius

Aug 12, 2011
Ok. I've managed to recover my installation. But... I'd like to have fresh, clean FXP043. And now...

First I tried to reinstall update-cm-7.1.0-es209ra-KANG-signed and gapps with recovery.
I've ended up with nothing changed.

Then I flashed SE rom with SE Companion. Runed it once, flashed FXP kernel, installed update and gapps with CWM.
I've ended up with FXP043 hanging up on CyanogenMod logo.

So now... I have a choice. Either use SE stock rom, or FXP that I have backed up.
I'm desperate.

are you already unlocked your bootloader? and another question is are you already flash FXP tft file using flashtool? please follow colossus installation guide.

mpolanski

Mar 24, 2009
are you already unlocked your bootloader? and another question is are you already flash FXP tft file using flashtool? please follow colossus installation guide.

Sure I did. I have FXP working, but I restored with titanium, so now I wanted fresh copy to eliminate possible bugs from programs.

Something strange happened on first time I tried to make it clean, and I couldn't install update zip. Finally I tried factory reset from CWM, and it worked fine. I've got fresh install, and... seems that data bug is gone for now.

Anyway, case closed. :)

Terrandroid

Nov 29, 2008
Enschede
Sure I did. I have FXP working, but I restored with titanium, so now I wanted fresh copy to eliminate possible bugs from programs.

Something strange happened on first time I tried to make it clean, and I couldn't install update zip. Finally I tried factory reset from CWM, and it worked fine. I've got fresh install, and... seems that data bug is gone for now.

Anyway, case closed. :)

Well how is your phone doing?
Is it still " data bug " free?

twiedie

Nov 20, 2010
Hi. Why is there no bug on the locked bootloader port?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

cikomiko

Jun 5, 2010
guys is there a way to install the latest sony ericsson launcher (2.1..., with the new folder) on fxp 45?
i tried per root explorer and cwm ( zip format not supported or so, worked fine with xrecovery on stock/wb).

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"The only rule of CyanogenMod: You dont ask for ETAs."

Dear All,

This thread is created to separate non development post inside CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia Development thread and to keep it clean.

What can you post here?
    -Anything related to FXP & CyanogenMod
    -Installation problem
    -Non-FXP kernels for FreeXperia CM
    -possibly bug? (before forwarded to FXP, which its might not from the ROM)
    -problem with installation
    -previous version of FXP release.
    -All noob questions

What you should NOT post in development thread?
    -Thanks, Thank you or +1 (just hit button THANKS if someone else helped you)
    -Reporting the same bug that already been raised (please use/view BUGTRAKER before posting/reply)
    -Reporting bug on previous version (J & Team are development for latest version, not old )(you can post it here)
    -If you plan on downloading new release/the ROM (no need to mention, just download and report the bug)

I hope J / FXP and Team FreeXperia don't mind if i made this thread.

CyanogenMod Development Thread:
    {X10}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM7.2.0 - FreeXperia Project
    CyanogenMod 7.2 Installation Guide by colossus

{X10}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.0 - FreeXperia Project
    CyanogenMod 9.0 Installation Guide by colossus

Official CyanogenMod Website:
    CyanogenMod

If you like to donate:
    FXP paypal

and always hit THANKS to FXP and Team FreeXperia for a great ROM.

Fix for:
    {CM9.0} Unofficial Camera hack/fix. thanks to zdzihu

getprop" error... HERE , THANKS TO Hzu

DATA BUG FIX CM9 Thanks to G-par

uploaded.to working in U.S. Solution. Thanks to TAL333

Now let the discussion begin ;)

Cheers
    3g working on CM9.0 - FXP107 FreeXperia Project rom

Hello guys, i just succeded mobile data to work on CM9.0 - FXP107 FreeXperia Project rom. Here is how:
    Just download from the market HiAPN Global "https://market.android.com/details?id=net.hidroid.hiapn.ml&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5oaWRyb2lkLmhpYXBuLm1sIl0".
    Open the app.
    Click on DNS Check, read the prompt and then press ok.
    Go to bottom of the page and press change dns to write allowed.
    After that deactivate transmitter ( it is the second button from the top of the same page, after the ping test ) and then again activate transmitter. After a few seconds you sould see the 3G icon over the signal bars.
    Thats it, mobile data is on and running.
    You may need to activate/deactivate transmitter on every restart.
    Hope i helped you, and by the way, excellent work FXP, love my new phone.:D
    Thanks, I've tried it last night with changing ro.product.mode. via PC, then adb push while I was in recovery..I succeeded, but I couldn't find zip on SDCard, so I flashed doomkernel, and now I'm back on Feralab's ROM, but when I have time, I will copy two ROM files on SDcard, one with ro.product.model = x10i and es209ra (but I think it's x10i)..anyway..Thank you ;)..

Cheers :D

Just remove the getprop lines from the updater-script in the .zip.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Hey developers and all others :D.. I'm using Xperia x10i (there is description in my signature - including that I'm on Unlocked Bootloader)

I have a problem..Well, it's about installation of CM9 update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed.zip and I have problem with getprop("ro.product.device"==x10i" || getprope("ro.build.product")=="x10i") ||| getprop("ro.build.product")=="x10a" || getprop("ro.product.device"=="es209ra" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="es209ra"
    E:Error in /sdcard/cm9/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed.zip
    (Status 7)
    and I know I have to change those values in /system/build.prop on my phone or in same file in updatexxx.zip file..

I'm asking you and I know someone can help..

So, below are lines from update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed.zip

ro.product.model=Xperia X10
    ro.product.brand=SEMC
    ro.product.name=X10i
    ro.product.device=es209ra
    ro.product.board=es209ra

So, Which lines I have to change, so I can install and try this CM9?

Again, remove the first 3 lines from the updater-script in the zip. It's the getprop lines.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

HOW TO FIX ASSERT FAIL (AKA GETPROP ERROR)

Alright, since there are so many people asking the same questions over and over without even trying to do some research (seriously, it took a very few mouse clicks and keyboard typing, because it has been answer thousands of times, or you're just trying to increase your posts count).

Anyways, to fix that "getprop" error, open the zip, and extract the update-script from /META-INF/com/google/android/. Open it with notepad or any other text editors you prefer. And remove the following lines:
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10i" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "X10i" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "X10a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "X10a" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "X10a" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "es209ra" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "es209ra" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "es209ra");

And replace the existing updater-script from the zip with the one you just edited.

Yes, you can do this on your phone. I recommend ZArchiver to extract and archive the files(I am not sure if you can extract only one file and replace only one file). Oh, you can also try X-plore File Manager since it opens archives like folders, so you can just navigate to the folder, extract the file, edit it and copy it back into the archive. It should work that way.

Now, don't be lazy and do some research before you keep asking the same thing over and over. Yes, the community serves to help the people but it is very annoying to tell the same thing over and over again.

P.s. @OP, please include this message into the first post, or any other FAQ or Q&A thread for FXP ROMs. Thank you.
    Can any one upload 127 kernel please.:)

Here you go. Unzip it.
    Autorotate 113 7.2 fix

After instaling Cm7.2 113 autorotate did not work..
    113 rom is missing /system/lib/hw/sensors.es209ra.so
    after copying this file from 112 rom into the 113 zip file and reinstalling the rom autorotate works perfectly!! :D