Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{X10} [Discussion Room] CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia

Tip us?

zhalim
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using fxp117 but get error message trying to search for networks but gsm and data work. Also mobile standby eats >30% of batt. Anybody experience the same?

Sent from my X10i using XDA

MrCzlenson
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Wipe dalvik-cache and battery will work good.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrCzlenson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ve6ay
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Unfortunately, I have come across a snag. My phone went kershnicket, and I need to reflash from stock. However, 117 comes with no kernel. 115 kernel (which is what everyone says to use) is no longer available.

Anyone willing to help a guy out who's looking for JUST the kernel (not the whole ROM - I have 117 downloaded already). I just need the kernel to get back into FXP CM9. Probably best to PM me the link in private out of respect to the dev's.
73's de VE6AY / VE6MSP / K7BSD
Don't forget the THANKS button if I or someone else helped you !!!

[Phone][Tablet]Former phones:
- Samsung Nexus S
- Sony XPeria X10

piotrtekien
Old
(Last edited by piotrtekien; 24th April 2012 at 10:38 PM.) Reason: extra info
Thanks Meter 0
Question Installation Problem

So heres the thing, I'm not a Developer but I have installed cyanogenmod 7 before without any problems. When I root my xperia x10 baseband 71 and then flash that fxp 115 kernel, wipe dalvik cache and full wipe and wipe battery stats, then i install the custom zip but it gives me an error. I looked it up and said that it might not be compatible with my phone, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version for my xperia. any help here?

(PS: the error is an assert failed error.)

ve6ay
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
There's a quick fix, and a slightly messier fix.

Quick fix is in the Install Custom Zip menu, there's "Select ZIP file" menu option, then below that, there's a Toggle Script Assert's option. Toggle it, and you can try again.

If that doesn't work, try this:
  • Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Copy updater-script file to desktop
  • Open updater-script file from desktop with your favourite text editor (I use Notepad++).
  • Remove the top couple of lines where it says assert(getprop... yadda yadda)
  • Save the file
  • Copy newly-changed updater-script file BACK into the zip in the folder you took it from.
  • Close the ZIP
  • Copy it back to your phone
  • Try installing again.

That should fix your problem and allow you to install it. I had to do that when I originally came from MiUI to CM7. Took a while to finally figure it out, but once I did, it made life SO much easier.

Hope that helps, mate !

- Samsung Nexus S
- Sony XPeria X10

piotrtekien
Old
(Last edited by piotrtekien; 24th April 2012 at 11:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
it still gives an error (status 6) and yes it removed those lines but didn't fix the install, maybe I haven't removed enough sentances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve6ay View Post

Quick fix is in the Install Custom Zip menu, there's "Select ZIP file" menu option, then below that, there's a Toggle Script Assert's option. Toggle it, and you can try again.

• Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Open updater-script file from desktop with your favourite text editor (I use Notepad++).
  • Save the file
  • Copy newly-changed updater-script file BACK into the zip in the folder you took it from.
  • Close the ZIP
  • Try installing again.

That should fix your problem and allow you to install it. I had to do that when I originally came from MiUI to CM7. Took a while to finally figure it out, but once I did, it made life SO much easier.

Hope that helps, mate !

pcmender2005
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Unfortunately, I have come across a snag. My phone went kershnicket, and I need to reflash from stock. However, 117 comes with no kernel. 115 kernel (which is what everyone says to use) is no longer available.

Anyone willing to help a guy out who's looking for JUST the kernel (not the whole ROM - I have 117 downloaded already). I just need the kernel to get back into FXP CM9. Probably best to PM me the link in private out of respect to the dev's.
FXP 115
http://www.mediafire.com/?odc6xu2sbk67q6s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to pcmender2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ve6ay
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
@piotrtekien

You want to remove the first section where it talks about assert - should be three lines, the last one ending with a ); First line should be:
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
If you have anything else in the updater-script file above that line, remove it. That should solve your problem.

@pcmender2005
Thanks, you rock !

- Samsung Nexus S
- Sony XPeria X10
The Following User Says Thank You to ve6ay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikewinfoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help Dear Friends

Hello friends, I am having difficulty installing CM7 down because when the file relating to my device I can not find the folder that contains the kernel fxp not find the kernel inside the file "FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra signed.zip-"help me please.

rojamama
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up One stop solution for all your problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewinfoo View Post
Hello friends, I am having difficulty installing CM7 down because when the file relating to my device I can not find the folder that contains the kernel fxp not find the kernel inside the file "FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra signed.zip-"help me please.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrtekien View Post
So heres the thing, I'm not a Developer but I have installed cyanogenmod 7 before without any problems. When I root my xperia x10 baseband 71 and then flash that fxp 115 kernel, wipe dalvik cache and full wipe and wipe battery stats, then i install the custom zip but it gives me an error. I looked it up and said that it might not be compatible with my phone, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version for my xperia. any help here?

(PS: the error is an assert failed error.)
Quote:

• Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Save the file
  • Close the ZIP
  • Try installing again.

Hope that helps, mate !

Hi All,

Please see my thread for all your problems... (One stop solution for all your problems)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1607452

Don't make the things complicated...

It is very simple to install the ROM (My thread gives step by step procedure for rooting, unlocking custom bootloader and installing custom ROMS).....
- Nexus 5 (Current Phone)
- Nexus 4
- Galaxy Nexus
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
- Nokia XpressMusic 5800
- Feature Phones of Motorola, Nokia and Samsung