Official NOOKcolor 2 thread..

29th October 2011, 12:32 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
the KF won't have an external storage slot, that's alone make it for all the strong side...
29th October 2011, 02:13 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 195

543 posts
The KF can never beet the Nook's main killer feature, it's "Unbrickable" without a mod right out of the box. If the Nook2 even has that it will instantly be better then the KF, at least in the Dev community's eyes (and those are the ones that matter)
__________________________________________________ __
Sent from NookColor CM7 uSD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to japzone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2011, 07:55 PM   |  #13  

46 posts
The KF has no memory card slot. That is deal-breaker for me. I recently bricked my NC. But thanks to all the info on xda I was able to restore her. And I'm running CM7.1 on sd. CM7.1 runs great off an sd card. A dual-boot NC beats the crap out of the KF imho.
30th October 2011, 09:52 AM   |  #14  
Flag Genoa, Italy & Augsburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
More
Just got the news about the Nook Color 2. But I can't find any specs beside some rumors.
30th October 2011, 10:35 AM   |  #15  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 2

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasKru

Just got the news about the Nook Color 2. But I can't find any specs beside some rumors.

I'll raise you. Code named 'Acclaim,' price point at a speculated $349 10" tablet. Smart touch tablet holding at $139, and the Color at $249. Expect some sort of announcement on Nov. 7th.

Quote:

B&N will have 3 ebook readers next quarter, not 2. According to the slide, the NookColor will be getting a brother tablet. Now, Iíve been asked not to post the slide, unfortunately; it might be possible to trace it back to my source. Hereís what it says:

Nook EPD
Smart Touch $139
Nook Color
Encore $249
Acclaim $349
Thereís also a notation that it has been approved by WL/JI, and I believe those are the initials of William Lynch (CEO of B&N) and James Iannone (head of B&N Digital Products). (Before I go further, let me confirm that Encore and Smart Touch are valid product names for the current 6″ Nook Touch and 7″ NookColor.) That part is legit.

All I have right now are the names and prices of the tablets, but that alone tells me several details. First and foremost, B&N will keep the NookTouch at $139, and they will have the 2 NookColors at higher price points. The Encore and Acclaim tablets will be priced at $249 and $349.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ors-this-year/

Also....this!

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...on-7-november/
The Following User Says Thank You to Verfassergeist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2011, 03:20 PM   |  #16  

543 posts
All the Nook Colors and Kindle3s disappeared from my local Walmart Supercenter the shelf that they were on a few days ago is empty with only the price stickers and a few Nook screen protectors hanging around. Also checking the Website it says all the Walmarts within a few dozen miles have "Limited" or "Out of Stock" listed for the Nook Color.

30th October 2011, 03:27 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 34

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaf

Since you ordered yours so close to the new one, maybe you can exchange it. That's if you bought from BN

I actually ordered it from overstock.com. They have a 30 full refund return policy so I may just send it back. I'll probably keep it though. It's a refurb and I only paid $149. There is no telling what the Nook 2 will cost. Plus it's going to take a while to get root and for stable roms to be developed.
30th October 2011, 03:54 PM   |  #18  

543 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe

I actually ordered it from overstock.com. They have a 30 full refund return policy so I may just send it back. I'll probably keep it though. It's a refurb and I only paid $149. There is no telling what the Nook 2 will cost. Plus it's going to take a while to get root and for stable roms to be developed.

Yeah $150 isn't much so you might as well keep it. If you get a Nook2 in the future you can use the NC as a test Bed/Custom Tablet/Play Thing permanently.

31st October 2011, 05:45 PM   |  #19  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 67

387 posts
More
Buy.com has refurbished ones for 139$ free shipping...
1st November 2011, 01:55 AM   |  #20  
Flag Washington D.C.

36 posts
Donate to Me
More
psyched!
I'm excited, I've been looking into an e-reader for a bit now, and haven't been able to decide on one or the other. I hope the NC2 or whatever it will be called pushes me over the edge

Interesting about the "expanded boutiques " WSJ is talking about here
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nookcolor 2
Previous Thread Next Thread