Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official NOOKcolor 2 thread..

Tip us?

spikexp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the KF won't have an external storage slot, that's alone make it for all the strong side...

japzone
Old
Thanks Meter 181
The KF can never beet the Nook's main killer feature, it's "Unbrickable" without a mod right out of the box. If the Nook2 even has that it will instantly be better then the KF, at least in the Dev community's eyes (and those are the ones that matter)
__________________________________________________ __
Sent from NookColor CM7 uSD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to japzone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bladerunner0427
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The KF has no memory card slot. That is deal-breaker for me. I recently bricked my NC. But thanks to all the info on xda I was able to restore her. And I'm running CM7.1 on sd. CM7.1 runs great off an sd card. A dual-boot NC beats the crap out of the KF imho.

ThomasKru
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just got the news about the Nook Color 2. But I can't find any specs beside some rumors.

Verfassergeist
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasKru View Post
Just got the news about the Nook Color 2. But I can't find any specs beside some rumors.
I'll raise you. Code named 'Acclaim,' price point at a speculated $349 10" tablet. Smart touch tablet holding at $139, and the Color at $249. Expect some sort of announcement on Nov. 7th.

Quote:
B&N will have 3 ebook readers next quarter, not 2. According to the slide, the NookColor will be getting a brother tablet. Now, Iíve been asked not to post the slide, unfortunately; it might be possible to trace it back to my source. Hereís what it says:

Nook EPD
Smart Touch $139
Nook Color
Encore $249
Acclaim $349
Thereís also a notation that it has been approved by WL/JI, and I believe those are the initials of William Lynch (CEO of B&N) and James Iannone (head of B&N Digital Products). (Before I go further, let me confirm that Encore and Smart Touch are valid product names for the current 6″ Nook Touch and 7″ NookColor.) That part is legit.

All I have right now are the names and prices of the tablets, but that alone tells me several details. First and foremost, B&N will keep the NookTouch at $139, and they will have the 2 NookColors at higher price points. The Encore and Acclaim tablets will be priced at $249 and $349.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ors-this-year/
Also....this!

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...on-7-november/
Sprezzatura
The Following User Says Thank You to Verfassergeist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

japzone
Old
Thanks Meter 181
All the Nook Colors and Kindle3s disappeared from my local Walmart Supercenter the shelf that they were on a few days ago is empty with only the price stickers and a few Nook screen protectors hanging around. Also checking the Website it says all the Walmarts within a few dozen miles have "Limited" or "Out of Stock" listed for the Nook Color.

pharpe
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaf View Post
Since you ordered yours so close to the new one, maybe you can exchange it. That's if you bought from BN
I actually ordered it from overstock.com. They have a 30 full refund return policy so I may just send it back. I'll probably keep it though. It's a refurb and I only paid $149. There is no telling what the Nook 2 will cost. Plus it's going to take a while to get root and for stable roms to be developed.

japzone
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe View Post
I actually ordered it from overstock.com. They have a 30 full refund return policy so I may just send it back. I'll probably keep it though. It's a refurb and I only paid $149. There is no telling what the Nook 2 will cost. Plus it's going to take a while to get root and for stable roms to be developed.
Yeah $150 isn't much so you might as well keep it. If you get a Nook2 in the future you can use the NC as a test Bed/Custom Tablet/Play Thing permanently.

pupochek
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Buy.com has refurbished ones for 139$ free shipping...
HTC Aria -> Samsung Captivate -> SGS2 AT&T -> SGS2 Internl-> SGS3 AT&T-> SGS4 AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 8" AT&T

fearlesspaula
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default psyched!

I'm excited, I've been looking into an e-reader for a bit now, and haven't been able to decide on one or the other. I hope the NC2 or whatever it will be called pushes me over the edge

Interesting about the "expanded boutiques " WSJ is talking about here
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Tags
nookcolor 2