[PORT][WIP][dev]ICS port [booting-w graphics] looking for devs

28th October 2011, 10:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zierikzee
Thanks Meter: 121

113 posts
More
Hello everybody,

I am quite new to android as i just bought this phone 3 months ago and before that i had an iphone.

I know everybody is happy with the upcoming ICS and the SDK that could be used for theme's, sounds and even more. but i know some of you are looking for a port from the SDK.

At this moment i am working on a port for the Sensation, but i have little to no knowledge on porting roms and such. so it takes a little while. but good news is i got it to boot up the service ril-daemon, and as far as i can see it will take a little bit more work till it will boot up fully.
If by any chance i can get it to work i do not promise that anything will work.
but i just wanted you guys to get a heads up on what i am doing at the moment and if anyone likes to help with development you are welcome to throw me a PM..

I will be updating this thread every once in a while when i have made progression.

A lot of work has been done. and i have made something that boots but needs a lot of work.
Whats working
-backlight screen
-buttons
-volume buttons
-boots
-hw acceleration (not tested just yet)
-screen

whats not working
-touchscreen
-all the rest.

we just got the screen working but wanted you guys to know it. we will test things out and upload later on.
Last edited by tarends; 6th November 2011 at 08:33 PM.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to tarends For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2011, 10:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zierikzee
Thanks Meter: 121

113 posts
More
device has got graphics working, but a load of services are failing so we still need to fix those things and hopefully get touch working soon as well.

DOWNLOAD LINK
ICS SENSATION v0.0.3
Just for dev only at this moment.
Last edited by tarends; 6th November 2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: update on progression
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarends For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2011, 11:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126

788 posts
More
I'm excited either way.atleast someone is attempting a port. Alot of the devs look at it as a waste of time, but I don't think it is, especially if its as useful as the nexus s port. I wish you good luck my friend and if your looking for anyone to test, don't hesitate to PM me.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App
28th October 2011, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Glendale
Thanks Meter: 186

581 posts
More
Nice to see you are making some progress with that

Keep us posted

Sent from my Sensation using XDA Premium App
29th October 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,886

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Glad to see someone with better ability wants this too.
I myself have been trying this just flashed my first .zip file last night have not even run a log cat on it yet. So you are way further then me. I have also been doing a lot of research through the forums and plan to expand my research to other places on the web tonight to see if might come across anything. I got a lot of reading and learning to do as I am certain you know way more about what you are doing. Best of luck to you and I will PM you if I come across anything you might could find useful.

Oh yeah by the way you probably should have posted this in the development forums, that is if you do not already have a thread there. I have not visited the development forums today yet.

Best of luck to you.
29th October 2011, 02:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 73

607 posts
More
you're way ahead of me too - zips won't even flash for me (no idea why) and if I do bludgeon one into working, then logcat doesn't work
The Following User Says Thank You to unfnknblvbl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2011, 03:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126

788 posts
More
Nice, three devs working on this. I'm really happy right now. You guys should just all work together on this so our device will be the second or third to actually run the port

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App
29th October 2011, 03:35 AM   |  #8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,886

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfnknblvbl

you're way ahead of me too - zips won't even flash for me (no idea why) and if I do bludgeon one into working, then logcat doesn't work

I will have to go back and find the post I read it in last night but the poster named a file in the ICS system folder that they had to change to get logcat working. When I find it I will message you.

@nory82688 , Please I do not deserve to be called a dev, I am just trying to give back to the XDA community some.
Last edited by T-Macgnolia; 29th October 2011 at 03:39 AM.
29th October 2011, 03:56 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 21

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

I will have to go back and find the post I read it in last night but the poster named a file in the ICS system folder that they had to change to get logcat working. When I find it I will message you.

@nory82688 , Please I do not deserve to be called a dev, I am just trying to give back to the XDA community some.

well, you are porting ics to the sensation therefore helping the sensation to develop as a device therefore you are a dev, but i know what u mean tho
29th October 2011, 06:56 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 73

607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

haha thanks, but I've lost interest - although it may be handy to make this more publicly accessible information. I'm also not a dev by any stretch of the imagination

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, port, sensation, start
Previous Thread Next Thread