convert dex to odex / apk to odex
Originally Posted by syamsoul
Thanks so much!
working great with stock odexed JVT
Only widget notification is changed.
Would you mind share how to odex back the files or give me some link for me to read?
thanks... Hope to see lockscreen mod for odex after this!
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Regarding the odex apk I have followed this tutorial http://www.kingsrom.com/t44-how-to-use-dexopt-wrapper
Always BACKUP before testing
-android-sdk-windows (google search)
-dexopt-wrapper script (from the above link)
-Odexed ROM in your phone (phone must be on USB debugging mode)
As an example I'm gonna convert SystemUI.apk
1) download dexopt-wrapper script from the above link and put it on sdcard of your phone
2) copy SystemUI.apk to sdcard/ok/
2) copy dexopt-wrapper script with Root Explorer from sdcard to system/bin/
3) phone must be connected without storage connected to PC; start cmd; go to the location android-sdk-windows/platform-tools
a) adb remount
b) adb shell
c) dexopt-wrapper sdcard/ok/SystemUI.apk /sdcard/ok/SystemUI.odex
Now if you check on sdcard/ok/ you will have 2 files SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex
4) rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.zip and delete classes.dex from the arhive without decompressing or anything else. Rename it back to SystemUI.apk
5) build an update.zip with the 2 files instead of 1.