XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS on X8?

Tip us?

velnens123
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sparks View Post
ya but armv6 processor is enough for ICS and the RAM issue can be solved by using swat right?
Maybe... But RAM is faster than swap.

EDIT: Processor needs higher freq, like 800 or 1000MHZ

dotsen9
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Bro our cpu it's slow,and the swap it's slow too ,because it will never be like the real ram.all the new phones have 1ghz+ at processor,even dual-core,our phones was the pioneers in this ""revolution" of smartphones,but life goes on,and the technology too

Sent from my E15i using XDA Premium App

_Sparks
Old
Thanks Meter 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by velnens123 View Post
Maybe... But RAM is faster than swap.

EDIT: Processor needs higher freq, like 800 or 1000MHZ
ya that's true

biscoitu
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Well, I donīt know why ppl want to have ICS on X8. I really donīt know even why they need OC on a mobile device . It sound like ppl want better technologies on a limited device. For swap you may get shorter life in your sdcard. If you donīt care about it, you may need class 4 or higher to get good performance with swap, with class 2 it should be so slow .
BTW, Iīm happy with 2.3.x ROM, and I wonīt change it. I really donīt see anything that may change my mind for now.
Does someone may show some benefit on running ICS on X8?

Cheers,

b1s

"Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."

Lou Holtz

_Sparks
Old
Thanks Meter 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoitu View Post
Does someone may show some benefit on running ICS on X8?
Mate don't you know all the new features that are in ICS. How cool are they!

biscoitu
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sparks View Post
Mate don't you know all the new features that are in ICS. How cool are they!
Ok, it should be cool, but it wonīt be that cool if it slow down your device, will it be?
It sounds like run a game on a moderated PC, or you run this slowly, or youīll need to remove features from the game to make it run faster.
So, I guess we should not be so anxious about it, since we didnīt have MIUI ROM on this device , and MIUI ROM is really beautiful and it donīt require too much from device like ICS should do . I flashed MIUI on my boss Milestone and loved it, but donīt have it on my little X8

"Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."

Lou Holtz

_Sparks
Old
Thanks Meter 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoitu View Post
Ok, it should be cool, but it wonīt be that cool if it slow down your device, will it be?
It sounds like run a game on a moderated PC, or you run this slowly, or youīll need to remove features from the game to make it run faster.
So, I guess we should not be so anxious about it, since we didnīt have MIUI ROM on this device , and MIUI ROM is really beautiful and it donīt require too much from device like ICS should do . I flashed MIUI on my boss Milestone and loved it, but donīt have it on my little X8
ya bro u do have a reason

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

btw here is an MIUI launcher:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1220695
In tried it and its good, what do you guys think?

_JoaoCampos
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Too early to draw any conclusions me thinks. It's obviously much more likely that it won't run well at all in our X8 and people should just accept that, but we'll never know for sure until someone tries it out. I've been reading about ICS and they mention improved performance on stuff like multitasking, menus and usability. So they're optimizing the overall system, how code works and stuff, so in theory it could still run considerably well in a low-end device like ours, if ram and cpu limitations can be overcome somehow.

BIG JD
Old
Thanks Meter 244
I have been talking to a Dev over on the legend form and he says it running smooth and fast with no oc in the kernel he all so sayed its the SDk 4.* the only problem at the min is the mouse pointer and to start it you need to get the highest gb rom you have and edit init.rc in ramdisk
The legend is allmost the same as are wee x8 bar the ram and camera so I say if wee can do something with the ram it would be got to port it it just what I think as people sayed we will never get gb or froyo and look now

super.sense on x8
The Following User Says Thank You to BIG JD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MatthewWu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I think its nice to have ics in our phone. Anybody want go make ICS LITE?

Sent from my E15i using XDA Premium App

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” ― Albert Einstein
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
“I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from The Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.” ― Abraham Lincoln
“The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession.” ― Abraham Lincoln, Speeches and Writings, 1832-1858