Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AllShare apk

Tip us?
 
AMoosa
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,434
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default AllShare apk

I have upgraded from KI1 to KI2 but the AllShare app is missing. Can somebody please upload the apk from KI1?
 
nakedninja42
Old
#2  
nakedninja42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 699
Posts: 1,974
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa View Post
I have upgraded from KI1 to KI2 but the AllShare app is missing. Can somebody please upload the apk from KI1?
Please use search in the future. Thanks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=48
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART
_____________

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

_____________

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2
_____________

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hoss_n2
Old
#3  
hoss_n2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 283
Posts: 3,231
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: cairo
the apk doesn't stream videos it force closes
join us on Arab Xda members foundation

follow me on twitter Hoss for any updates

HTC HD2 --(Experience is our profession™)--Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy tab 10.1


©2012 Hoss_n2 Community ™. All rights reserved ,( Hoss_n2 and (Experience is our profession ™) logos are trademarks of Hoss_n2 Community ™

if you like my work , tap thanks button
 
nakedninja42
Old
(Last edited by nakedninja42; 30th October 2011 at 12:34 AM.)
#4  
nakedninja42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 699
Posts: 1,974
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
works for me, did you try clear cache to see if that helps?

edit: streaming from or to the device?

edit2: so i had a problem streaming to my device but not from it. I uninstalled the dlna.apk and moved it to /system/app and changed the permissions to match the rest and rebooted. No problems streaming to and from the device. I think the FC happens if you try to install the app instead of moving it to the /system/app
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART
_____________

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

_____________

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2
_____________

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AMoosa
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,434
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
works for me, did you try clear cache to see if that helps?

edit: streaming from or to the device?

edit2: so i had a problem streaming to my device but not from it. I uninstalled the dlna.apk and moved it to /system/app and changed the permissions to match the rest and rebooted. No problems streaming to and from the device. I think the FC happens if you try to install the app instead of moving it to the /system/app
Thanks. This half works for me. The app is working great following the /system/app directions above. However, when trying to play video files (mainly divx and xvid) it says 'unsupported file format'. However, these same files work and play fine using All share on my Galaxy s2. I'm using serviio 3 as my server. Can anybody advise?
 
nakedninja42
Old
(Last edited by nakedninja42; 30th October 2011 at 07:37 PM.)
#6  
nakedninja42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 699
Posts: 1,974
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa View Post
Thanks. This half works for me. The app is working great following the /system/app directions above. However, when trying to play video files (mainly divx and xvid) it says 'unsupported file format'. However, these same files work and play fine using All share on my Galaxy s2. I'm using serviio 3 as my server. Can anybody advise?
I tried about 10 different videos from my media server and had no issues with xvid or divx codec (most of mine are in xvid). When I stream I am using Windows Media Player as the dlna service. I will test out to see if I can use serviio, not sure if your able to test on a windows pc like I did in the mean time.

edit: I tested out serviio and it is an issue from them. I tried to play the same files that worked for me earlier and it gave me the same message as you. I then tried same file using windows media player and it worked.
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART
_____________

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

_____________

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2
_____________

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777
 
AMoosa
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,434
Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
 
fusca
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
works for me, did you try clear cache to see if that helps?

edit: streaming from or to the device?

edit2: so i had a problem streaming to my device but not from it. I uninstalled the dlna.apk and moved it to /system/app and changed the permissions to match the rest and rebooted. No problems streaming to and from the device. I think the FC happens if you try to install the app instead of moving it to the /system/app
hello, i have one samsung tab 10.1, can u say to me step by step how i change permissions and how i move the file to system...

tanks
 
nakedninja42
Old
(Last edited by nakedninja42; 2nd November 2011 at 04:10 AM.)
#9  
nakedninja42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 699
Posts: 1,974
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusca View Post
hello, i have one samsung tab 10.1, can u say to me step by step how i change permissions and how i move the file to system...

tanks
You need to be rooted to install it properly so you don't get the FC

1) go into your file manager you have installed with root access.
2) move the dlna.apk to /system/app
3) Set permissions to rw-r-r (Read access for User, Group, Other; Write access for User; nothing set for execute) (See image for what it looks like)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	permission access.jpg
Views:	1277
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	768836  
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART
_____________

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

_____________

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2
_____________

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fusca
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
You need to be rooted to install it properly so you don't get the FC

1) go into your file manager you have installed with root access.
2) move the dlna.apk to /system/app
3) Set permissions to rw-r-r (Read access for User, Group, Other; Write access for User; nothing set for execute) (See image for what it looks like)
hello, tanks, sorry but iŽm new on this things, how e get rooted? what is the FC?

where i set the permissions on the file?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes