No registration required

AllShare apk

OP AMoosa

29th October 2011, 11:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199

1,503 posts
More
I have upgraded from KI1 to KI2 but the AllShare app is missing. Can somebody please upload the apk from KI1?
30th October 2011, 12:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 700

1,978 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa

I have upgraded from KI1 to KI2 but the AllShare app is missing. Can somebody please upload the apk from KI1?

Please use search in the future. Thanks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=48
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2011, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 283

3,231 posts
More
the apk doesn't stream videos it force closes
30th October 2011, 12:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bay Area, CA

1,978 posts
Donate to Me
More
works for me, did you try clear cache to see if that helps?

edit: streaming from or to the device?

edit2: so i had a problem streaming to my device but not from it. I uninstalled the dlna.apk and moved it to /system/app and changed the permissions to match the rest and rebooted. No problems streaming to and from the device. I think the FC happens if you try to install the app instead of moving it to the /system/app
Last edited by nakedninja42; 30th October 2011 at 01:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2011, 11:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,503 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42

edit2: so i had a problem streaming to my device but not from it. I uninstalled the dlna.apk and moved it to /system/app and changed the permissions to match the rest and rebooted. No problems streaming to and from the device. I think the FC happens if you try to install the app instead of moving it to the /system/app

Thanks. This half works for me. The app is working great following the /system/app directions above. However, when trying to play video files (mainly divx and xvid) it says 'unsupported file format'. However, these same files work and play fine using All share on my Galaxy s2. I'm using serviio 3 as my server. Can anybody advise?
30th October 2011, 08:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bay Area, CA

1,978 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa

Thanks. This half works for me. The app is working great following the /system/app directions above. However, when trying to play video files (mainly divx and xvid) it says 'unsupported file format'. However, these same files work and play fine using All share on my Galaxy s2. I'm using serviio 3 as my server. Can anybody advise?

I tried about 10 different videos from my media server and had no issues with xvid or divx codec (most of mine are in xvid). When I stream I am using Windows Media Player as the dlna service. I will test out to see if I can use serviio, not sure if your able to test on a windows pc like I did in the mean time.

edit: I tested out serviio and it is an issue from them. I tried to play the same files that worked for me earlier and it gave me the same message as you. I then tried same file using windows media player and it worked.
Last edited by nakedninja42; 30th October 2011 at 08:37 PM.
31st October 2011, 12:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,503 posts
More
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
2nd November 2011, 12:26 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:

hello, i have one samsung tab 10.1, can u say to me step by step how i change permissions and how i move the file to system...

tanks
2nd November 2011, 05:07 AM   |  #9  
Flag Bay Area, CA

1,978 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusca

hello, i have one samsung tab 10.1, can u say to me step by step how i change permissions and how i move the file to system...

tanks

You need to be rooted to install it properly so you don't get the FC

1) go into your file manager you have installed with root access.
2) move the dlna.apk to /system/app
3) Set permissions to rw-r-r (Read access for User, Group, Other; Write access for User; nothing set for execute) (See image for what it looks like)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	permission access.jpg
Views:	1281
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	768836  
Last edited by nakedninja42; 2nd November 2011 at 05:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2011, 12:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:

You need to be rooted to install it properly so you don't get the FC

1) go into your file manager you have installed with root access.
2) move the dlna.apk to /system/app
3) Set permissions to rw-r-r (Read access for User, Group, Other; Write access for User; nothing set for execute) (See image for what it looks like)

hello, tanks, sorry but im new on this things, how e get rooted? what is the FC?

where i set the permissions on the file?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread