5,593,650 Members 40,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Xperia Arc Launcher 2.0 HDPI/MDPI/LDPI

Tip us?

Slither2006
Old
(Last edited by Slither2006; 8th November 2011 at 12:13 PM.) Reason: Added more How-To Guides
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Wink [APP][2.2+] Xperia Arc Launcher 2.0 HDPI/MDPI/LDPI

Xperia Arc Launcher 2.0.A.0.22

Please Note : Themes are not functional, but neither are they required anyway. If you select the option it will just say there is no associated program to launch.

Tested on Samsung Galaxy S 2.3.5 (XXJVT) and multiple Android Emulators.

What do these attachments mean?
As there have been a lot of varying requests regarding screen sizes/dpi and launcher configuration I've grouped the modified launchers into 3 categories
  • Corners (WVGA854,WVGA800,HVGA,WQVGA432,WQVGA400,QVGA)
  • Fast Corners (WVGA854,WVGA800)
  • No Corners (QHD,WVGA854,WVGA800,HVGA,WQVGA432,WQVGA400,QVGA)

Which one best suits my phone???
Look at this table : click here

In each category's attachment you'll find the same launcher inside but with the varying sizes available. If what your looking for is not there then it hasn't been modded.

How Mod it Yourself
If you want you can do it yourself I've explained in great detail what was changed for a lot of varying sizes.
What are Fast Corners?
I've made the fade animation when tapping a corner instant so that the corner expanding animation plays more smoothly. Basically this just reduces the number of simultaneous animations going on resulting in less work. Even on my HDPI Samsung Galaxy S this made a slight difference in performance. The tweak is non-trivial and the change is extremely minor but some users may notice it.

Installation method:
Code:
adb install HVGA-NC-5xDesktops.apk
or
Copy the apk to your phone and open the file from there to install it.

Extras
-Added PhotoWidget so it will work with this launcher.
-Added Media Shortcuts widget
-Added DigitalClock widget (FC's on some devices)
-Added NewDigitalClock widget (Appears blank on some devices
-Added StatusSwitch widget (Must be installed to /system/app to work)
-Added Toggle widget (Must be installed to /system/app to work)
-Modded the SGS2 Weather Widget to run in it's 4 different sizes. The catch is that you have to install a seperate version for each widget size. I've also added the SGS2 News and SGS2 Digital Clock. File found here : download link

Thank button or donate link below.

P.S. The messaging and Calendar widget's are from www.big-widgets.com, grabbed them off the market.

Cool videos thanks to s60mike

With Corners :

Without Corners :
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arc Widgets.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.05 MB, 36464 views)
File Type: zip Fast Corners - OS 2.2+.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.30 MB, 27176 views)
File Type: zip Corners - OS 2.2+.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.80 MB, 62461 views)
File Type: zip No Corners - OS 2.3+.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.56 MB, 58890 views)
The Following 144 Users Say Thank You to Slither2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Working smoothly on Desire. Thanks!

LG Nexus 5, LG Nexus 4, HTC Desire

I feel oh so dirty flashing without wiping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stankyou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slither2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
No problem, I'll put up my small collection of xperia widgets too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slither2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
The_Biz Old
Thanks Meter
Flawless on t-mobile gs2. Any way to get themes?

Deebo took your bike too?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grannyrogers
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Works on Motorola Defy, except the dock icons are not aligned properly. I tried different density and it still the same. The launcher button is OK but any other icon you put in the dock is little above the launcher button.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grannyrogers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slither2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Glad it's working.

I'm pretty sure it's not built into the arc launcher.

More detail:
Upon expecting the launcher code I can see that it is sending an intent request out to "com.sonyericsson.theme.intent.action.SET_RUNTIME_ THEME" whenever the pickTheme menutItem button is tapped.

For all I know there could be an additional library, framework or application specific to Xperia phones that receives to this intent request and redraws the dialog boxes etc.

I'm stuck with a Samsung so I don't know what that requirement could be. I think this is as good as it'll get
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slither2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slither2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyrogers View Post
Works on Motorola Defy, except the dock icons are not aligned properly. I tried different density and it still the same. The launcher button is OK but any other icon you put in the dock is little above the launcher button.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
Your screen resolution is 854x480 so install the 854x480 version I put up on the first post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slither2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhu1
Old
Thanks Meter 4472

DONATE TO ME
Awesome stuff man, thank u!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to bhu1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slither2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Default Xperia Active Launcher coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHuvan goyal View Post
Awesome stuff man, thank u!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Your welcome, wait til you see the Active launcher too! I didn't realise that it was built into the arc launcher, it only gets enabled on MDPI screens but I've swapped it so it runs on HDPI screens too instead. I just have to edit the icon sizing it it's will soon be ready to publish
The Following User Says Thank You to Slither2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alina2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Working smoothly on defy . Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to alina2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
2.0.a.0.22, arc, launcher, wvga, xperia