Post Reply

[Q] So.. Is the Galaxy Note slower and more laggy than GS II?

OP jorkobe23

30th October 2011, 05:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Hi dear,

I just read some posts that said Galaxy Note has some lags when scrolling and opening some apps..

So I want to ask the owners of GNote, do you really feel it's slower and more laggy than GS II?

If it's because of the resolution of the screen, would it be fixed in the future with ICS?

I need answers today as I was almost gonna get Note tomorrow morning but these posts make me confused...

It has better spec (actually almost identical to GS II) but doesn't feel good when scrolling? That sucks! As a owner of iPhone 4, I do not like that lag feeling..
30th October 2011, 08:53 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
If you have any second thoughts, just wait a while. Don't go buying like crazy.

But, is a small lag (that will probably be fixed at a later date) a real deal breaker? Coming from the Apple platform i think you will be blown away by the device.
30th October 2011, 08:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobotorian

If you have any second thoughts, just wait a while. Don't go buying like crazy.

But, is a small lag (that will probably be fixed at a later date) a real deal breaker? Coming from the Apple platform i think you will be blown away by the device.

Cool man.
I got it. It's not a real deal breaker, of course.
I'm going to get it due to its beautiful display.
30th October 2011, 10:23 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Not sure where you get these rumours from! I have both and I have no lag at all. If anything it feels quicker then the SII but its hard to tell because both are lightning fast.
Last edited by Kevincod; 30th October 2011 at 10:26 AM.
30th October 2011, 10:42 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
895 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
What it is laggy in the phone?

All of them or the scroll in touchwiz? If its all of them I think that will not be solution.
30th October 2011, 11:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobotorian

If you have any second thoughts, just wait a while. Don't go buying like crazy.

But, is a small lag (that will probably be fixed at a later date) a real deal breaker? Coming from the Apple platform i think you will be blown away by the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevincod

Not sure where you get these rumours from! I have both and I have no lag at all. If anything it feels quicker then the SII but its hard to tell because both are lightning fast.

Really?

I just read it today in one thread....
And some owners said when they scroll the screen on home screen it's kinda more laggy than sgs II...

By the way, how is the text on browser?
Is it crisp and clear which can read without zooming in?
Can it be comparable to iPhone 4 screen?
Please let me know about it before I purchase tomorrow!
30th October 2011, 11:34 AM   |  #7  
chowdarygm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dusseldorf, Germany
Thanks Meter: 138
 
717 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorkobe23

Really?

I just read it today in one thread....
And some owners said when they scroll the screen on home screen it's kinda more laggy than sgs II...

By the way, how is the text on browser?
Is it crisp and clear which can read without zooming in?
Can it be comparable to iPhone 4 screen?
Please let me know about it before I purchase tomorrow!

Crisp text without zooming in...i have both i4s and note. ..prefer note for everything

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to chowdarygm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2011, 11:46 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdarygm



Crisp text without zooming in...i have both i4s and note. ..prefer note for everything

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Oh thank you very much

Could you please upload the original capture photo please though?

I'd like to see!
30th October 2011, 12:16 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Just now I went into the Dubai mall Samsung store and played around with the 4 galaxy note units on display for an hour. I was gutted to see how laggy they all were. Web browsing (once page was fully loaded) and gallery app were simply not as responsive as the SG2 next to them. Also the pentile screen as much as I hate saying it but it simply is not as crisp. The difference is visible

My experience is very different to some of the comments here

I'm so disappointed - the form factor is great, it really is thin and light. I thought this would be my next device.
30th October 2011, 12:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by anath

Just now I went into the Dubai mall Samsung store and played around with the 4 galaxy note units on display for an hour. I was gutted to see how laggy they all were. Web browsing (once page was fully loaded) and gallery app were simply not as responsive as the SG2 next to them. Also the pentile screen as much as I hate saying it but it simply is not as crisp. The difference is visible

My experience is very different to some of the comments here

I'm so disappointed - the form factor is great, it really is thin and light. I thought this would be my next device.

Oh I see..

So do you think it's worth to get galaxy s II more than galaxy note?

I was worrying about the pentile screen on galaxy note but some said it wouldn't be a problem...

I can't see this device in real even if I really want to.

But, although it's not as responsive as sgs II, does it have any lags?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes