Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][2-21-12]GingerVolt Rom 2.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Tip us?

meabrams
Old
(Last edited by meabrams; 26th March 2012 at 09:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by meabrams View Post
I'm looking for a way to force the audio to come from the headphone jack while I am connected to a PC monitor watching videos from my phone.

Currently using a converter from hdmi to dvi

Only things I added to GingerVolt is the beats audio and IcS theme

I did try it in my wives phone and it did switch over to the headphone jack automatically as soon I plugged it in (she has stock unrooted revolution)

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 using XDA
So far I have tried wiping cache, dev cache, factory reset, reinstall GingerVolt 2.0, downgrading to GingerVolt 1.2 to see if that made a difference still no change. Just tried stock rooted as well and still no dice making it work the way I need it to.

Haven't yet tried tot back to OEM. If anyone has ideas on how to get the audio to play out of the headphone jack let me know. Thanks

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 4G using XDA
Current Phoneroid Razr M (Unlocked Bootloader Running PacMan)
Previous Phones: LG Revolution (Running Broken Out) and OG Moto Droid (Running CM7)

dbeauch
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I use the head phone jack for audio all the time in my car and have never had any problems on either stock or GB, although the volume is much too quiet in my opinion. if it's not working for you no matter what you do then it may be a hardware issue with the jack?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

sephkeene
Old
Thanks Meter 2
according to his previous posts, he's looking to override the HDMI output for audio when connected to a HDMI->DVI cable

Cybie257
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Pen6 View Post
If you have CWM the update cannot go through unless you have Stock Recovery so as long as you don't have the Stock Recovery you're fine.
Might want to add, as I found out the hard way, "You're Fine" if you don't rely on your phone for an alarm clock! UGH... Stupid update tried to install itself AT MIDNIGHT and got stuck on CWM. Not only did my alarm fail to go off, but my battery was down to 8% in the morning. It even tried it again last night. Luckily I was up past midnight and killed the update. I guess it's time to update it, lol...

One thing I have always said is LAME about Android devices.. Why in the world does it take 'software' to allow them to charge? If it's plugged in, it's plugged in and SHOULD charge... Got to be the lamest thing about these devices. I don't play with iCrap, so dunno if they act the same, nor would that be any reason for me to switch to proprietary junk, lol...

-Cybie

dbeauch
Old
Thanks Meter 57
yeah I went ahead and did what I had to do to get the update. I always like having the latest software. Sucks I am not on GV right now but I figure MT will have something out pretty quick so it won't be long.

brad08stanggt
Old
(Last edited by brad08stanggt; 26th March 2012 at 08:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
I had same out of memory issue and couldnt find any files to delete either, so I just rebooted phone and no more memory issue.

MT answered that issue, all you had to do was wipe cache partition in recovery.
My g/f and I are both running GingerVolt 2.0 on our Revolutions. We have been happy with it, except for the OTA update which has been trying to push its way in. We both hit cancel for the update, only to find both our phones, mostly dead and in CWM recovery in the morning....after we overslept since the alarms didn't go off. Luckily my other phone, an old school flip phone is my backup alarm and we were able to just make it to work on time.

Now we have deferred for 24 hours, but we can't have this happen again.

I read above and wiped my cache partition, which subsequently reset everything on my phone. My data was there, all my apps were there (showing I did not factory reset), but it was asking me to sign up for backup assistant and all that wonderful first time start up stuff. Looking further into it pretty much all settings, accounts, preferences were wiped.

I read elsewhere that "freezing" the software update 1.0 service from running would stop the OTA update, but as a result my market no longer worked.

I am working on restoring from before my GingerVolt 2.0 update, and I will re-flash that, but most importantly this OTA must be stopped.

Is there a way to stop this OTA from popping up on our phones? Is there a way to stop the automatic download and install attempt from occurring?

thanks.

mtmichaelson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad08stanggt View Post
My g/f and I are both running GingerVolt 2.0 on our Revolutions. We have been happy with it, except for the OTA update which has been trying to push its way in. We both hit cancel for the update, only to find both our phones, mostly dead and in CWM recovery in the morning....after we overslept since the alarms didn't go off. Luckily my other phone, an old school flip phone is my backup alarm and we were able to just make it to work on time.

Now we have deferred for 24 hours, but we can't have this happen again.

I read above and wiped my cache partition, which subsequently reset everything on my phone. My data was there, all my apps were there (showing I did not factory reset), but it was asking me to sign up for backup assistant and all that wonderful first time start up stuff. Looking further into it pretty much all settings, accounts, preferences were wiped.

I read elsewhere that "freezing" the software update 1.0 service from running would stop the OTA update, but as a result my market no longer worked.

I am working on restoring from before my GingerVolt 2.0 update, and I will re-flash that, but most importantly this OTA must be stopped.

Is there a way to stop this OTA from popping up on our phones? Is there a way to stop the automatic download and install attempt from occurring?

thanks.
Try this for me, in root explorer go to /system/etc/security and rename otacert.zip with .bak at the end and reboot. Let me know if that works!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeadPharmer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post
Try this for me, in root explorer go to /system/etc/security and rename otacert.zip with .bak at the end and reboot. Let me know if that works!
I renamed mine and restarted without issue. I'll let you know tomorrow morning if there is any weird error messages or anything from failed OTA when I wake up.

As always, thanks a ton for all you do MT.

meabrams
Old
(Last edited by meabrams; 26th March 2012 at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by meabrams View Post
So far I have tried wiping cache, dev cache, factory reset, reinstall GingerVolt 2.0, downgrading to GingerVolt 1.2 to see if that made a difference still no change. Just tried stock rooted as well and still no dice making it work the way I need it to.

Haven't yet tried tot back to OEM. If anyone has ideas on how to get the audio to play out of the headphone jack let me know. Thanks

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 4G using XDA
Yes the audio plays fine through the headphone jack when the hdmi is not connected but the moment I plug the hdmi in it completely overrides the headphone jack.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can add to the build.prop file to get the audio to do what I am trying to accomplish. Really don't want to TOT back to OEM and be stuck with all the crapware

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeauch View Post
I use the head phone jack for audio all the time in my car and have never had any problems on either stock or GB, although the volume is much too quiet in my opinion. if it's not working for you no matter what you do then it may be a hardware issue with the jack?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
Have you tried Volume+ I noticed a big difference in the volume using it. Just turn it 1 level at a time for the headset section, until gets to the desired volume setting or until it distorts the audio (if it distorts the audio I go 2 levels below but that's just me). I have not used any of the other section in the apk.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=meltus

brad08stanggt
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I'll try that. I deferred to around 10:30am tomorrow so I am hoping this does the trick. I'll report back.

Thanks,