Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 45,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][2-21-12]GingerVolt Rom 2.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Tip us?

mtmichaelson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandaPear View Post
I am also seeing the error with the power menu causing the screen to black out and sort of lock up but this may be because I am using the ics theme. I re-downloaded the theme before installing in case it was updated but i am not sure if it is the issue.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
Yes the theme will bork it. The framework-res.apk is different. Kane is working on porting it over.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

borborpa
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthanubis View Post
Is there any point to asking about radios? Is it just an improbability of happening?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
What about the radios? To the best of my knowledge, Gingervolt is using the newest ones. It was Revolt that wasn't, due to the fact that they were unable to root v6.

jrf28
Old
Thanks Meter 18
If we are running the v6 supercharged script will we have to run that process again or will it stick when flashing over to gingervolt 1.1 from 1.0?

Thanks.

borborpa
Old
Thanks Meter 37
The script sticks with no problem.

revo_65
Old
Thanks Meter 48
i noticed when my screen wont go to full brightness on autobright....is that one of the tweaks to improve battery?

imnotamorningguy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotamorningguy View Post
I've completely lost data connectivity. The last two days I haven't been able to sustain a 1x, 3G or 4G data connection for more than a few seconds after powering on my phone. The only data connection I can get is on my wireless at home. I've tried reflashing GingerVolt and wiping data but neither are helping. Has anyone experienced this or found a solution? I was using JuiceDefender originally but I've completely deleted it in an attempt to resolve the issue. I downloaded DataSwitch to see if I could turn data on/off but that isn't working either. Any help would be great!
looks like Juice Defender just isn't compatible for some reason. I deleted Data Switch and JD and got my data back. Tried reinstalling JD and lost data as soon as I enabled it.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

darthanubis
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by borborpa View Post
What about the radios? To the best of my knowledge, Gingervolt is using the newest ones. It was Revolt that wasn't, due to the fact that they were unable to root v6.
Need MT confirmation. Last I read he could not get the GB radios

Haxcid
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthanubis View Post
Is there any point to asking about radios? Is it just an improbability of happening?

If you updated to v6 then updated to GB OTA, then flashed to this rom, you have the latest radios.

Remember in Verizon's mind everyone was running v6 already which contained the radio updates.
The above are general comments and statements and are not of any value to the discussion at hand. The author takes no liability for any of it be it true or pure fiction.

VZW LG G2
Stock ROM 12b
Paid Subsidized price and kept unlimited data...
The Following User Says Thank You to Haxcid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Haro912
Old
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxcid View Post
If you updated to v6 then updated to GB OTA, then flashed to this rom, you have the latest radios.

Remember in Verizon's mind everyone was running v6 already which contained the radio updates.
And since the only way to get on this ROM is to be on GB everyone on this ROM has the radio updates:P
Devices: LG G3, Transformer Prime
------------------
Asus Transformer Prime
ROM: AOKP by Jermaine151
Kernel: Motley by _Motley
------------------
LG G3:
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Haro912 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bwhxeon
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Is it possible you can add back in a alternate keyboard beside swype? Or can someone tell me how to do that?