Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][2-21-12]GingerVolt Rom 2.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Tip us?

S.Meezy
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpay View Post
I have backups going all the way back, but I wouldn't have one of stock recovery (making a backup of a recovery with a recovery that wasn't installed would be hard)
Lol, wise @55... a backup from directly after u installed cwm. Of just a rooted factory Rom. Your other problem seems personal & I can't help you there, haro can.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

hadookee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok so I followed all of MT's instruction. Then I restored my data using CWM backup to get my programs back..... is this bad? Seems to be running fine for me, just seemed like a PIA to have to reinstall everything.

indyred99
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post
No its not that bad. Tomorrow I will make a return to stock zip to flash through cwm, then install stock recovery with revotoolkit, then update. Shouldn't be too bad after tomorrow.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
I was gonna try the unroot and upgrade but if you are gonna make it easier I will just wait until you get that out to us.

I've Revolted have you?? Sent via tapatalk plugin.

KaneOfMars
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
crap! Now I REALLY need to find a friend with a pc so I can root .... stupid Mac

darthanubis
Old
Thanks Meter 3
GB radios are a must have

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

revo_65
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Can we ditch revotoolkit now then?

mtmichaelson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo_65 View Post
Can we ditch revotoolkit now then?
You need it to install cwm, but once on gb, don't flash stock recovery! It is the zv4 recovery and will not boot. You can also install clockwork the manual way through adb, that way you get a back up of the stock recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

revo_65
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
You need it to install cwm, but once on gb, don't flash stock recovery! It is the zv4 recovery and will not boot. You can also install clockwork the manual way through adb, that way you get a back up of the stock recovery.

alright thank you. love the boot animation! and the weapon G2x wallpaper! Nice work!

tcrappa2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
grrrrr.. i have a backup of stock from when i first rooted... everytime i try to flash it with CMW it doesnt boot past the LG screen!!!.. i was trying to avoid having to download a stock rom and go through that process... any suggestions?? thanks!

gigem01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Speaking of cwm, this is just an FYI for those that care. I installed the GB update, then rooted via the one-click-root with SU 3.

I installed Revotoolkit to install CWM. Everything worked fine. I rebooted into CWM okay just to test it. I rebooted back into GB to do a couple more things before installing Gingervolt. When I went to reboot back into CWM, it didn't work. When I expected to see CWM, it looked like an analog TV static for a second and then it went blank again. I pulled the battery and rebooted back to GB. I used Revotoolkit and it said the recovery image version was not found again.

I repeated this a few times to verify, but the CWM wouldn't stick after one reboot.

I have loaded Gingervolt now and CWM is still there after I booted up.