Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any hope for physical keyboard accessory?

OP neuTrue

31st October 2011, 07:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 220

398 posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone how to contact Samsung for requesting them to design an official accessory? Or even an after market company if its interested in making physical (bluetooth?) keyboard for Galaxy note.

Something like this:

I don't think anyone buying Galaxy note is concerned about the size or thickness of such accessory and probably it can make gripping the phone easier. Also, it is possible to add more battery juice with such design. With all that in mind, I think there is a great market for such accessory for this phone or other phones in general.

What do you think about this? and Do you know any contact info for samsung (Not the customer service - I want to contact someone who takes my words seriously) or other companies to ask them for such accessory?

Brief info (You can skip it):
I really got tired from waiting for mobile with dual-core (now seems: quad cores are coming), good GPU, 1GB RAM & with sd-card extendability and decent screen with physical keyboard and good battery. After long time waiting, Galaxy Note came to meet my needs, but with only one major thing missing for me a physical keyboard. After seeing a physical case for iPhone, I said why there can't be any for Galaxy note? and here I am writing new thread about this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neuTrue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2011, 11:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
OMG this accessory is my DREAM.

Is theire any keybord like this compatible with the Galaxy S2 ???
1st November 2011, 12:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 11

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuTrue

Something like this

you can try with this

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/24/d...i-in-more-way/

and you can try with any bt keyboard

here the official one

The Following User Says Thank You to uvz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2011, 08:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 220

398 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquishV12

OMG this accessory is my DREAM.

Is theire any keybord like this compatible with the Galaxy S2 ???

eBay and Google might help you in this. Yesterday, I couldn't find one for Samsung Galaxy (Only for TAB like dock) or anything rather than iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvz

you can try with this

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/24/d...i-in-more-way/

and you can try with any bt keyboard

here the official one

First, thanks for this useful post.

I think I needed to be more specific about this, the keyboard should be in case. I mean when you need it, you slide it out and when finish get it in. Like Droids(milestones) and Xperia Pro/Play.

It is really annoying to carry bt keyboard with you all the time (as the official bt keyboard).

By the way, Logitech keyboard doesn't seems particle. Having it seems better than nothing and I'll need to think about it more. Also, Do you think it going to fit with Galaxy note?

Edit: it seems the guy with the keyboard (Logitech diNovo Mini) attached it to his dell streak with tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2eSW...layer_embedded
Last edited by neuTrue; 1st November 2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Small edit
8th November 2011, 11:22 AM   |  #5  

11 posts
More
The Logitech keyboard looks amazing. I think i will buy it and test with my Note. But it's pretty expensive. So it will take some time.

I like physicall keyboards, and I think for such a big device like the Note you can create a great keyboard, better then HTC's.
8th November 2011, 08:19 PM   |  #6  

11 posts
More
I found on amazon some interesting bluetooth keyboards. And much cheaper. Honestly they cost min. 30 €.

I think i will order one in sone weeks for testing. If it will be good, i think i can make a matching case myself.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
Last edited by seuthes; 9th November 2011 at 10:32 AM.
17th March 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

61 posts
Anyone managed to hardhack the diNovo Mini and the Note together ?
18th March 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #8  
Libramont
Thanks Meter: 11

156 posts
More
Great keyboard but expensive ... I'm looking this with Azerty keyboard and more cheaper ...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accessory, case, extended battery, galaxy note, keyboard
Previous Thread Next Thread