Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wall Charger For 10" Acer Iconia Tab A500 Power adapter

Tip us?

post man
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wall Charger For 10" Acer Iconia Tab A500 Power adapter

Wall Charger/ Power Adpater For Acer Iconia Tab A500 With 2M Cable

100% Brand New.
This the OEM Wall charger for Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet pc for house using.
Input: 100~240V -0.65A 50/60Hz Max
Output: 12V 1.5A
Cable length: 2M (6.5feet) Special Design
Compatible with: Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet pc
US plug version. It needs a plug converter for EU/AU/UK using.
Package Includes:
1 x wall charger for Acer A500
$12.99
http://witglobal.com/goods-3873.html
The Following User Says Thank You to post man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JdgM3NT4L
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Thanks. I just ordered one. Shipping is free! But super slow... I'll drop a note when mine gets here and let you know how it fits.
Immortal... For a Limited Time.

Ever wonder what that adb thing is all about? Check this> ADB guide by iamareebjamal.

mknewman
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
I want one with a long cord. A lot longer.

mwm215
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Make one with a 10' cord and I'll buy.

fermunky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm215 View Post
Make one with a 10' cord and I'll buy.
This. I love my 15 foot HDMI cable, because I can now keep the tab closer to the wall charger and run the cable all the way to the TV.
Current:
Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)
ROM: Official stock JB from T-Mobile
Recovery: Stock

Tablet: Acer Iconia A500
ROM: CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1 by waydownsouth
Recovery: Thor's 1.7 Touch Recovery of CWM

If I do not Thank your thread, it's because of the XDA Classic forum theme, sorry...

rivera82falcon
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknewman View Post
I want one with a long cord. A lot longer.
Want a longer cable? Get a 22awg cable and either solder or crimp positive negative and ground. I wouldn't go more than 20 feet max personally. And if you solder it make sure the three cables don't touch or it goes boooooooooom!

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Achristocat
Old
(Last edited by Achristocat; 17th November 2011 at 01:59 AM.) Reason: more data to add....
Thanks Meter 89
Default Chargers do not work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by post man View Post
Wall Charger/ Power Adpater For Acer Iconia Tab A500 With 2M Cable

100% Brand New.
This the OEM Wall charger for Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet pc for house using.
Input: 100~240V -0.65A 50/60Hz Max
Output: 12V 1.5A
Cable length: 2M (6.5feet) Special Design
Compatible with: Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet pc
US plug version. It needs a plug converter for EU/AU/UK using.
Package Includes:
1 x wall charger for Acer A500
$12.99
http://witglobal.com/goods-3873.html
So far this charger is NOT looking good.

I bought two 110 AC wall chargers and one 12v car charger and received them last night.

Plugged tablet in last night with 42% charge left in it, woke up this morning and tablet was dead.

Fully charged tablet with Acer stock OEM charger.

Used tablet until it was at 78%. Have been trying to charge all morning with one of the chargers with no luck. Now trying the other one to see it just the one is defective...

..but SO FAR, at least one of 'em is looking like a POS...

EDIT: so...BOTH of them fail to charge the unit. Plugged into wall - both of them will make the tablet think it's charging (icon changes to lightning bolt / charging icon) but there is NO POWER being added to battery. Battery will slowly discharge even when plugged into wall with these chargers.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE. I will now attempt to get my money back. I will keep you posted on my success or failure...P>S> Still have yet to test the 12v car adapter but confidence id NOT high...

kpfx
Old
(Last edited by kpfx; 20th November 2011 at 06:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
So far this charger is NOT looking good.

I bought two 110 AC wall chargers and one 12v car charger and received them last night.

Plugged tablet in last night with 42% charge left in it, woke up this morning and tablet was dead.

Fully charged tablet with Acer stock OEM charger.

Used tablet until it was at 78%. Have been trying to charge all morning with one of the chargers with no luck. Now trying the other one to see it just the one is defective...

..but SO FAR, at least one of 'em is looking like a POS...

EDIT: so...BOTH of them fail to charge the unit. Plugged into wall - both of them will make the tablet think it's charging (icon changes to lightning bolt / charging icon) but there is NO POWER being added to battery. Battery will slowly discharge even when plugged into wall with these chargers.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE. I will now attempt to get my money back. I will keep you posted on my success or failure...P>S> Still have yet to test the 12v car adapter but confidence id NOT high...
Do you have a volt meter? I'm curious (and willing to bet) that it's not really providing 1.5A. The fact that it's terminating to a USB cable and the site claims that you can use "other power supplier and Car chargers with USB power delivery" (their spelling) raises a red flag. USB power is usually only 0.5A, and even on the high-end they only push 1A or 1.2A.... not enough for our tablet. My advice is to stick with the OEM chargers (Wal-Mart still has them for $14.95).

I got ripped off with a similar eBay purchase for a USB car charger that specifically said 1.5A.... only to find that my phone was loosing power when plugged in. After checking it out the thing was only pushing 200mA!

taptaptouch
Old
Thanks Meter 147
This is definately not oem, id just pony out the extra 3? dollars and buy the real one from walmart, youll probably spend the same on shipping this one

Achristocat
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Default Modified the OEM charger with a cable from one of these POS!

Tried to contact the distributor to get my money back and SURPRISE...couldn't get a hold of 'em.

The good news is that I ripped out a cord from one of 'em and replaced the cord in my OEM charger and it's working SuperGood. Direct replacement!

...which is good, because the cord in my OEM charger was starting to fray right above the strain relief...They used Very Poor wire in these guys..

Anyway, glad these chargers are good for Something...