Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

1.2m Transformers sold, ICS

OP CrazyPeter

1st November 2011, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 425

1,095 posts
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20111031PD219.html

ICS coming to Transformer and Slider "early december". Asus have sold 1.2m Transformers since it launched in April, and are ontrack for 1.8m for the 3/4 of a year of 2011...

Not too shabby at all. Whilst all the media have been talking about Xoom and Tab, it seems consumers were actually buying Transformers....
1st November 2011, 12:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Madeira island
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
well. Im one of those people. Jurt bought one and im very happy with. And was looking into xoom and tab.........but transformer caught my eye
1st November 2011, 01:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
Me too
I bought 2 of them. First one was a B80 and I really wanted to root it so I bought another one that is rootable. This one has the dock, which I bought with the first one. USB ports and another MicroSD slot. Gotta love all that extra space and I love extra options. Then, updated right away so the support is there. So I switch from my IPad 2 to my Transformer but only when the transformer is recharging. With the dock, I'm not on the I Pad very much at all any more. Can't wait for the Prime!!
1st November 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 91

253 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_pasq

I bought 2 of them. First one was a B80 and I really wanted to root it so I bought another one that is rootable. This one has the dock, which I bought with the first one. USB ports and another MicroSD slot. Gotta love all that extra space and I love extra options. Then, updated right away so the support is there. So I switch from my IPad 2 to my Transformer but only when the transformer is recharging. With the dock, I'm not on the I Pad very much at all any more. Can't wait for the Prime!!

Interesting. The numbers I read were 3.2 million total Honeycomb tablets. So Asus has over a 1/3 of the market? That makes the 3.2 number seem low. What about Zoom and Samsung? I wondering if the other 600k were going to be Prime's or if they plan on fire sale-ing the TF1 when the prime comes out. I've been shopping for sub $300 tablets for my wife. Current candidates are Fire, 80 G9, Ideatab A1. I would love to throw a Transformer into the mix (or give her mine and get a Prime ).
1st November 2011, 09:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 66

573 posts
More
Why would anyone else wanna get the other tablets? Sounds like their companies don't give a crap about their customers.. hmm.
2nd November 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

188 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfuogh

Why would anyone else wanna get the other tablets? Sounds like their companies don't give a crap about their customers.. hmm.

i kno, rite?

Seriously, ASUS has been rather on the ball with OS updates

Not to mention, the TF101 was cheaper, lol...
2nd November 2011, 11:26 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 201

1,307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyshaw

i kno, rite?

Seriously, ASUS has been rather on the ball with OS updates

Not to mention, the TF101 was cheaper, lol...

This, and of course the screen is excellent as well...
3rd November 2011, 06:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Apple spends about a quarter of a billion each year on advertisement and public relations. If a company like asus wants to catch up, they really ought to spend more on ads and PR.
3rd November 2011, 07:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 419

2,354 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarily_insane

Apple spends about a quarter of a billion each year on advertisement and public relations. If a company like asus wants to catch up, they really ought to spend more on ads and PR.

I don't think ASUS has any desire to "catch up with" Apple, nor any delusions that they could. In fact, that's what's stupid about the whole thing: no company NEEDS to sell as many tablets (or any other product, really) as the iPad 2--they only need to sell however many is necessary to get a return on their investment.

ASUS is clearly happy with the number of Transformers sold, or else they wouldn't be making such a huge push with the Transformer Prime. As long as they sell enough to keep making them, I'm happy.
3rd November 2011, 10:55 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 5

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarily_insane

+1 on that.
Here in Holland I see Samsung doing a lot of ads.
Asus could sell more if the general public would be more aware of the Transformer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread