5,599,478 Members 38,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PROJECT]Bootloader Unlock

Tip us?

bigdaddy4u
Old
(Last edited by bigdaddy4u; 2nd November 2011 at 06:30 PM.) Reason: adding comment
Thanks Meter 3
Thank You for warning everyone else even while you are still having trouble. You can take it back to At&t/Bestbuy or wherever you bought it - They won't know and 99% don't care especially about the Atrix 1 or 2...

Just act PISSED! If anyone asks you a question...

moofree
Old
(Last edited by moofree; 7th November 2011 at 07:34 AM.) Reason: URLs removed. Pm if you need the file for development purposes
Thanks Meter 73
Looks like motorola really is trying to push an update to me, 15 MB file update to 55.13.16. I'm not going to touch it for now. Gotta get some sleep

Don't see any SBFs or FXZs...
This is my first rooted android phone, so i'm just flying blind here.

Now that I can post links, here's the one linked to through tinyurl above.

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
Ok, so in the 55.13.15.MB865.ATT.en.US file, there are 2 boot loaders, one is called prologue_loader.ldr and the other one, which I am guessing is the one we already have is called production_loader.ldr

This will require some more looking to see if the prologue_loader.ldr is unlockable, so that they can load thier updated image, then relock it with the production_loader.ldr

This might be good news and it might be nothing, but I will keep everyone posted, with what I find.

Jim

JRW 28
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Keep up the good work guys

Jimmy273
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Try to find the stock build as well, because if that is found i could probably unbrick my phone!
AT&T HTC One 32GB Rooted, Unlocked, S-OFF
Retired Motorola ATRIX 2, Rooted+CWM.
HP TouchPad CM9 Schizoid

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moofree View Post
Looks like motorola really is trying to push an update to me, 15 MB file update to 55.13.16. I'm not going to touch it for now. Gotta get some sleep
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14536681/Blu....ATT.en.US.zip

Don't see any SBFs or FXZs...
This is my first rooted android phone, so i'm just flying blind here.

Now that I can post links, here's the one linked to through tinyurl above.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14536681/Blu....ATT.en.US.zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy273 View Post
Try to find the stock build as well, because if that is found i could probably unbrick my phone!

Ok use the link above and try to get it on the root of your SD card, I am not sure if that zip file work or not, for CWM or fastboot, if you can connect to ADB with fastboot, you should be able to flash it from that.

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Ok .. this is driving me nuts here. Trying to apply the Blur_Version.55.13.15.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip update to my Atrix 2 .. since there is NO WORKING ClockWorkMod that can be used .. tried doing it other way that jimbridgman suggested and that was fastboot.

Well .. that doesn't work either .. receive error message:

>fastboot -w update Blur_Version.55.13.15.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

Anyone else have any ideas of how to apply this update ?

moofree
Old
(Last edited by moofree; 3rd November 2011 at 02:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post
Ok .. this is driving me nuts here. Trying to apply the Blur_Version.55.13.15.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip update to my Atrix 2 .. since there is NO WORKING ClockWorkMod that can be used .. tried doing it other way that jimbridgman suggested and that was fastboot.

Well .. that doesn't work either .. receive error message:

>fastboot -w update Blur_Version.55.13.15.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

Anyone else have any ideas of how to apply this update ?
Good question, though you'll need to start from the first file...
Blur_Version.55.11.16.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip

I think the filenames are for the versions that the patch gets applied to, not the version it'd be updated to.
This is all new to me, I'm guessing you could boot up with VolumeUp+VolumeDown held down, choose the recovery mode, and do volup+voldown for the recovery menu and choose update, and the zip from that menu...

Edit: This works. Updated from 55.13.15 to 55.13.16
Baseband got pushed back a few days
2011-10-25 11:19 Off.Bld
LUD_EDISON_R1D7_PATCH_33_111025_1101

Lost root again, but thankfully the zergling rush is a highly effective strategy still

-=Insert warning about updating being AT YOUR OWN RISK and not being responsible for bricks etc... =-
Additional warning that this might cut the phone off from official OTA updates from Motorola...

LordGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
@moofree:

You are correct, I was successful in getting the 2 updates on, and yes, root was lost. However, I was unable to get the root back !!

Tried manually, tried the 1-click.. Neither would give root. So, since I just received the phone the day before from BestBuy, I did the next logical thing.. Bricked it and returned the phone defective.. LOL

So, now I have a replacement, new Atrix 2.. I'm leaving it exactly where it is until either the OTA's come through the right channels, or something more permanent and correctly working has been done for unlocking the bootloader and rooting.

If not.. 30 days from 11/01/11.. Options are still open with the HTC Vivid and SGS2 Skyrocket.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
Device: Samsung Galaxy S 5
Kernel: 3.4.0-964333
Baseband: G900AUCU1ANCE
Build: KOT49H.G900AUCU1ANCE

Device: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Build: V700XXUBNA6

OLD Devices:
SGN 3 - Jet Black
SGN 2 - Titanium (eBay)
HTC One X - Grey (Brother)
SGS 4 - Red Aurora (eBay)
SGS 4 - Black Mist (exchanged for above phone)
SGN 2 - Titanium (Sold)
SGS 3 - Garnet Red (Wife)
SGS 3 - Pebble Blue (exchanged for above phone)
SGS 3 - Marble White (died !!)
SGS 2 Skyrocket (eBay)

jimbridgman
Old
(Last edited by jimbridgman; 4th November 2011 at 11:17 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
I Want to reiterate to everyone who is trying to help unlock the boot loader by using the cheesecake method here that you don't want to apply any of these updates directly. Motorola always relocks the bootloader with 99% of these updates. It will be one of the development versions that we are looking for, you just want to download the zip file and upload them with a link attached in here to grab the file you get.Then we can have a look at the files contained in them.
We are looking for the magical developmental unlocked bootloader that we can make our own update zip file, with just the bootloader that is unlockable, in it.

Again don't apply the updates that you get from this process. You may brick your phone or worse, permanantly be unable to root or unlock the boot loader.

This is a cat and mouse type of a thing wiith thses big phone makers.

Jim

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]