Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CWM][KJ2] Glorious Overdose V2 [11.19.11] - PDT

Tip us?

xtrem88
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
http://www.mediafire.com/?1h6qcd6mz2qd3x5 GO V2
Phones own samsung gravity 1 (sold)
t-mobile sidekick 4g 9 SUPER BROKEN SOMEHOW FIXED IT :/
TMOBILE galaxy s 4g fake gs3 rom :P
current rom

other used ginger clone v2,lighting rom v2, touchmiuiwiz, glorious overdose ,smooth maximus, fo sk4g
used 95% of all ics roms of gal s 4g
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xtrem88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BulletProof2088
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for re-upping. I'm thinking about flashing my SK4G with this ROM, however I'm quite new and I want to be sure I'm doing this all right. after I root and get into CWM Recovery, I delete caches etc and then what do I use to flash the rom? Rom Manager + ROM in root? I'm taking in a lot of info really quickly and I'm still trying to put all the pieces together.

Thanks

sp0rkticus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Once you get to the CWM:
- you wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- go to the advance section wipe dalvik cahce
- go to the mounts and storage and verify that the mounts and unmounts are set accordingly
- go to install zip from SD card
- choose zip from SD card

you pick the ROM that you wish to flash and wait...

once its done:
- wipe cache
- go again to the mounts and reverify that all the mounts are set accordingly
- reboot
- cross fingers
The Following User Says Thank You to sp0rkticus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BulletProof2088
Old
(Last edited by BulletProof2088; 13th February 2012 at 06:35 PM.) Reason: Curiousity
Thanks Meter 1
Edit: I have the KG2 kernal on my device at the moment. What happens if I flash this ROM with that firmware? Does this completely replace the kernal or overwrite or how does the stock firmware play a role in flashing this ROM?

And what happens if the "Cross Fingers" method fails? just odin and try again? :P Sorry for sounding like a noob. haha

sp0rkticus
Old
(Last edited by sp0rkticus; 13th February 2012 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
pretty much yeah, just make sure your CWM is the 3.0.2.8 not the one ROM Manager installs (which is 4.0.0....) the latest one seems to be glitching for this. You can get the working CWM at http://www.krylon360.com/file_host/sk4g/update.zip

Good Luck

EDIT: I think it will update ur kernel to KJ2, never been sure how it affects performance on your device. If there are any issues u can always re-Stock with ODIN or with Heimdall. Both methods work well, only difference is that Heimdall goes deeper in the restore
The Following User Says Thank You to sp0rkticus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BulletProof2088
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Many thanks, good sir. I will organize my thoughts and slowly work through the process, as this is my first time flashing this phone solo. I spent 2 days recovering fro ma soft-brick after my buddy failed to check mounts D:

Thanks again!

sp0rkticus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well to be perfectly honest I spent the entire day yesterday flashing my phone, I got it wrong about a thousand times. In each one I restored with Odin and/or Heimdall. And it was my first time flashing the sidekick, and every android phone has their peculiarities. Some are impossible to work with, others work just like they describe it. In the end I found out that the mistake was getting the latest CWM.
Now I'm getting some issues, still need to look around and stomp the small bugs.

So far my issues are:
- after booted and installed a couple of apps, I rebooted. When it rebooted it went through setup again and the installed apps got nuked for some reason.
- on every reboot the phone vibrates just like something isn't working.

once I find the fixes I'll let you know.

BulletProof2088
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well I tried asking my online buddy but his internet is ... lets just say "bad".

I looked into my SD card to place the update.zip but my friend has already placed that in there from last time when we soft-bricked. I'm guessing I should go into recovery mode and just wipe data/cache/etc?

sp0rkticus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well, if your CWM is the correct one (3.0.2.8), go ahead. If anything goes wrong, ODIN.

good luck... and live long and prosper.

BulletProof2088
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great. I have 4.0.0.2.

How do I flash over this? -_____-

Tags
ayoteddy, glorious, overdose, pdt, rom, sduvick, sidekick 4g