XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Altec Lansing Muzx MHP136

Tip us?

jesi.james
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Altec Lansing Muzx MHP136

I picked up a pair of these in-ear headphones and they just sound amazing when being used with voodoo sound. They have awesome bass response. People might complain of not enough treble but that's because these phones are bassy, but honestly, I think its perfect treble compared to the Samsung headphones that came wwith the phone. Oh, did I mention that they are made of wood?? It just adds a nice mellow sound and the neodymium magnets help add that punchy but sweet bass. Anyways, you can get them at Amazon for around 12 bucks( store price is 30) but if your lucky enough, you can find them at Ross for 6. That's how I did it

Sent from my nice little phone... or should I say huge gigantic beast

LG Optimus G Pro ---Alive and kicking!

Samsung Infuse ---RIP until I buy a new screen assembly..

HTC One X ---RIP untill I figure out what's wrong with you..

The Following User Says Thank You to jesi.james For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Optimus-Prime Old
Thanks Meter
I saw a whole lot of them at this garage sale this guy was having and he said anything in the box was a 5 bucks. i was kinda iffy on the wood. lol. But now that you mention it, i regret it. LOL... ill keep an eye out for them to try them

adalgiso
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Etymotic Hf3's, best in-ear-canal headphones I've ever used. Planning to get ear canal molds made soon for even better fit.

Also the Shure SE210's were good, now they've been updated to the 220 I believe. The Shure SE series are all fantastic. With IEC headphones, the sky is the limit.

shiftylock
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Nuforce on amazon is by far the best experience I've had so far. I'll look into these once my current earbuds break! ^_^
My current devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG Optimus F3 (T-Mobile), Nexus 7 8GB, Samsung Chromebook 16GB, Nokia E7, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G (Backup), Nokia N86 8MP, iPhone 3GS, Samsung Captivate (bricked), Samsung Eternity, MOTORAZR v3 and v3xx, MOTORAZR2 V8, MOTOROKR z6w, Katalyst, Shine, Sidekick III, Nokia 5610, Nokia Mural, HTC Tilt2, HTC G1,aaand a MOTOACTV.

slapshot30
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Glad we've got some quality audio listeners on this forum! Can't tell you how many threads there were on beats in the Inspire forum. Bleck. I spend my money on sound quality, not trying to look cool and overpay by $200.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse
HTC VIVID SUPERGUIDE

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, PERM ROOT, CWM, FLASHING ROMS/KERNELS, APN SETTINGS, REVERT TO STOCK

holland6045
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm quite partial to pairing my infuse with non in ear phones like Grado Prestige SR60i's

Though the nice thing about voodoo sound is it lets me crank out the output level enough to use my AKG 701's without a portable headphone amp (though I would still suggest one if you like your music loud)
Did you know that this signature is at about crotch level? Now you do, so stop staring at my crotch.

Current phone: Infuse 4g
Previous phones (in alternate order): Sony Ericsson Xperia X10(strangely durable for a smartphone), htc tilt, g1, samsun behold, sanyo katana II (most rugged dumbphone i have ever seen, also strangely waterproof ), ancient candybar phone with an antenna, ancient clamshell, some samsung clamshell of unknown name that predated cameraphones

jesi.james
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Honestly these were some great headphones but the my left phone blew I guess. I actually treated those phones like my baby and then that. Oh well, I'm glad I got to enjoy them a lot. Now to find something else that has large bass and quality. Any recommendations?

slapshot30
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesi.james View Post
Honestly these were some great headphones but the my left phone blew I guess. I actually treated those phones like my baby and then that. Oh well, I'm glad I got to enjoy them a lot. Now to find something else that has large bass and quality. Any recommendations?

Ah, so you're basshead like me . First things first. Price range? Over ear, on ear, or in ear?
HTC VIVID SUPERGUIDE

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, PERM ROOT, CWM, FLASHING ROMS/KERNELS, APN SETTINGS, REVERT TO STOCK

jesi.james
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot30 View Post
Ah, so you're basshead like me . First things first. Price range? Over ear, on ear, or in ear?
Heck yeah bass. Lol and in ear with a price range of "Free - $40"
Oh and neodymium magnets are a plus

adalgiso
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesi.james View Post
Heck yeah bass. Lol and in ear with a price range of "Free - $40"
Oh and neodymium magnets are a plus

The Skullcandy brand is the best crappy headphones I've ever used. They usually have more emphasis on the low end, I have gone through 4 pairs of the black, in-ear Rockin Buds, and the Titans look like a bit better version of the RB. Also, the latest headphones recommendation I made was for the Sennheiser CX-200's, around the 40$ price range and well worth it. better than the Skullcandy's by far, and still in the low price range. The Sennheisers have great bass response. I'm actually using them right now with my dubstep playlist