Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[24sept12]How to Root/Unroot Samsung Galaxy Note + CWM

OP dr.ketan

4th January 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #511  
dr.ketan's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 31,352
 
18,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
wat i am seeing is, when you gets update from Rooted old version to KL3, this weired thing happens.
I am on KL3 and i have rooted 3 Notes on same but never found any error.
So I think better way shud be, you shud get unrooted, factory reset, thn shud update to KL3
- Alternate is use Mobile odin pro and keep root intact.
And have anyone tried putting device on download mode and then use zergrush ??
shud try this
4th January 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #512  
thay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v4] (zergRush Exploit) released
Hope this helps users with new firmware rooting
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1312859
Last edited by thay; 4th January 2012 at 06:44 PM.
4th January 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #513  
dr.ketan's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 31,352
 
18,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
zergrush exploit V4 is here, will updae op tomorrow
Last edited by dr.ketan; 4th January 2012 at 08:20 PM.
4th January 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #514  
GallardosEggrollShop's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Hill
Thanks Meter: 27
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Tried method #2 and i keep getting this message after "flashing zImage"

/dev/block/mmcblk0p5: cannot open for write: Permission denied

I believe this step not being able to finish is the reason why my root doesn't go through. I'm running KL7 and I checked all the prerequisites before I started this root method. Can anyone help :'(
Last edited by GallardosEggrollShop; 4th January 2012 at 11:56 PM.
5th January 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #515  
progene81's Avatar
Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

Many time i have seen weired things, but can't short out exact cause.
Still you can always back to original stock, you can find link to that in my signature.
I advised to reset once b4 flashing back to original stock. and later if you need to update latest firmware, try usin Mobile Odin, which keeps Root intact, while flashing new firmware.


Correct me if I'm wrong. Your advise is
> Factory format
> flash back original stock
> root
> mobile Odin to new firmware with root intact.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App
5th January 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #516  
dr.ketan's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 31,352
 
18,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by progene81

Correct me if I'm wrong. Your advise is
> Factory format
> flash back original stock
> root
> mobile Odin to new firmware with root intact.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App

Exactly, this shud work
5th January 2012, 09:09 AM   |  #517  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

wat i am seeing is, when you gets update from Rooted old version to KL3, this weired thing happens.
I am on KL3 and i have rooted 3 Notes on same but never found any error.
So I think better way shud be, you shud get unrooted, factory reset, thn shud update to KL3
- Alternate is use Mobile odin pro and keep root intact.
And have anyone tried putting device on download mode and then use zergrush ??
shud try this

Putting Note on download mode, zergrush cannot detect device ....?

noob, adb shell does not work.


Update:
DidNotReset; Odin with KL1; Zergrush v4; MobileOdin KL3 w/everroot ; Rooted now.
Last edited by qazokm123; 5th January 2012 at 10:04 AM.
5th January 2012, 09:28 AM   |  #518  
norge-xda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salerno
Thanks Meter: 30
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Hi all,
just a silly question. Following the method root+cmw, the file zImage to put into the zImage folder is the file zImage already present in the .rar file downloaded?
In a word: do I have to do something more than download the file -> extract -> run "already rooted" .bat?
Last edited by norge-xda; 5th January 2012 at 09:34 AM.
5th January 2012, 09:52 AM   |  #519  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallardosEggrollShop

Tried method #2 and i keep getting this message after "flashing zImage"

/dev/block/mmcblk0p5: cannot open for write: Permission denied

I believe this step not being able to finish is the reason why my root doesn't go through. I'm running KL7 and I checked all the prerequisites before I started this root method. Can anyone help :'(

I am in the same situation...but mine is a SHV-E160L,
dont know if it would be a problem..
anyone?
5th January 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #520  
dr.ketan's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 31,352
 
18,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norge-xda

Hi all,
just a silly question. Following the method root+cmw, the file zImage to put into the zImage folder is the file zImage already present in the .rar file downloaded?
In a word: do I have to do something more than download the file -> extract -> run "already rooted" .bat?

This has to be put if you downloaded it from CF's post, Here you just follow proedure which i have mention. it is ready to proeed, without putting it, B'coz i have done it already.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes