XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to unbrick xperia play

Tip us?

teeto88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how to unbrick xperia play

i unlocked bootloader on xperia play since then my phone does not ready sim card or memory card is there a way to lock the bootloader again or is my phone just completely worthless now

thatsupnow
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Check the Dev section I'm pretty sure there is a thread on locking bootloader again

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M
Omega Rom v3

Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M
Task650 AOKP 4.1.2 Faux 1.8 ghz

other phones:

Sony Ericcson
Play
Arc
X10

i_m_omkar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto88 View Post
i unlocked bootloader on xperia play since then my phone does not ready sim card or memory card is there a way to lock the bootloader again or is my phone just completely worthless now
Had a similar problem..
Flash the latest firmware using flashtool and that should solve it...

david92n
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Problem with my Xperia Play

Hi, I have an Xperia Play that I have unlocked the bootloader on and installed a custom kernel. Everything worked just fine until weeks after I did these things the screen suddenly went black and the phone turned off. I have not been able to start it since it happend, when I try to boot the phone it will just vibrate and then nothing, the screen stays black. Even if it does not boot the computer recognizes it and I can flash roms with flashtools etc. I have tried alot of different roms and returned to stock kernel, I have even re-locked the bootloader and made a clean update with SEUS but without success, nothing happens on the screen. Have anyone had the same issue? Thanks! /David

venstex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default brick

hi, I just got a xperia play from a friend of mine. He rooted it and updated and it probably got bricked by the update. It doesn't do anything. When you push power it just buzzes. Now I don't have really that much information. but I think he unlocked the bootloader and flashed to root.

now for wat I have tried. I searched for solutions for this problem. That's when I came upon the flashtool. I tried flashing it simply with the generic_uk firmware. But it didn't do anything. Further research landed me upon a FOTAUnbrick tool. I read some of the information but I didn't really get it (most of the times I do know what i'm doing). So in my "nothing to lose spirit" i just tried it and guess what ? nothing. Now I know this is really vague and probably doesn't have a solution. But I'm keeping my hopes up for someone to bust this bugger.