Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to unbrick xperia play

Tip us?

teeto88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how to unbrick xperia play

i unlocked bootloader on xperia play since then my phone does not ready sim card or memory card is there a way to lock the bootloader again or is my phone just completely worthless now

thatsupnow
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Check the Dev section I'm pretty sure there is a thread on locking bootloader again

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
Samsung Galaxy s5 - CM 11 5ubz3r0 theme
KT kernel 2.7 GHZ

Other phones:

Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M
Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M
Sony Play, Arc, X10

i_m_omkar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto88 View Post
i unlocked bootloader on xperia play since then my phone does not ready sim card or memory card is there a way to lock the bootloader again or is my phone just completely worthless now
Had a similar problem..
Flash the latest firmware using flashtool and that should solve it...

david92n
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Problem with my Xperia Play

Hi, I have an Xperia Play that I have unlocked the bootloader on and installed a custom kernel. Everything worked just fine until weeks after I did these things the screen suddenly went black and the phone turned off. I have not been able to start it since it happend, when I try to boot the phone it will just vibrate and then nothing, the screen stays black. Even if it does not boot the computer recognizes it and I can flash roms with flashtools etc. I have tried alot of different roms and returned to stock kernel, I have even re-locked the bootloader and made a clean update with SEUS but without success, nothing happens on the screen. Have anyone had the same issue? Thanks! /David

venstex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default brick

hi, I just got a xperia play from a friend of mine. He rooted it and updated and it probably got bricked by the update. It doesn't do anything. When you push power it just buzzes. Now I don't have really that much information. but I think he unlocked the bootloader and flashed to root.

now for wat I have tried. I searched for solutions for this problem. That's when I came upon the flashtool. I tried flashing it simply with the generic_uk firmware. But it didn't do anything. Further research landed me upon a FOTAUnbrick tool. I read some of the information but I didn't really get it (most of the times I do know what i'm doing). So in my "nothing to lose spirit" i just tried it and guess what ? nothing. Now I know this is really vague and probably doesn't have a solution. But I'm keeping my hopes up for someone to bust this bugger.