[mod] Duke Nukem 3D decensor [ROOT REQUIRED!]
I was excited to see that the same group that released Duke Nukem 3d for the iPhone/iPod had finally released for Android, and when you download the in app levels, at the same (2¢ cheaper) as the iOS version at $2.99. But alas, just like the iOS version, it was censored. So, like I did over at xsellize as b_Edwa, I decided to decensor it. And here is the grp file for android and a guide to self install.
Before proceeding though, a few notes:
A: I WILL NOT provide the modded apk. No warez, means no warez. Thus why the guide. That way you have to get the file or Buy The Game Yourself...... (guess which one I suggest.
B: This is a do it yourself project. Feel free to add, but all instructions are here. K?
And now onto the guide. I had the following when I did this on my Infuse 4G.
A rooted phone.
Root explorer (or other root file manager that can unzip and zip packages)
Signapktic (by our very own Stericson!)
1. Download and install original game.
2. Use root explorer to find the apk and extract all. (May have to move to internal storage, com.machineworksnorthwest.duke3d-1.apk)
3. Download this. ( http://www.multiupload.com/C61JX9RNYA
4. Rename .bin file as duke3d.grp, all lowercase.
5. Copy into extracted folder, in assets folder and overwrite existing duke3d.grp.
6. Back out one level and remove the META-INF folder.
7. Package all into a new zip file.
8. Rename .zip to .apk. (mine was Duke.apk)
9. Sign with signapktic. (I used production key)
10. Uninstall original game and install modded.
Enjoy Duke3D as it was meant to be and how it could be released in the android market if chosen. This isn't Apple you know.
Former Devices: HTC Wizard-WM 6.5, OG iPhone, iPhone 3GS, 15+ android devices, including N1, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 7.7 and many more.
Current Device: Moto xt910 w/ xt912 screen / S-off HTC One S
SIM Unlock: $16
Broken SIM locked XT910: $75
Working XT912: $200
Knowledge to dissasemble two phones and make one: Priceless.
Resources: Tab 7.7 Kernel/Initramfs
No Odin? Flash a I897/I997 Kernel, Modem or both "zip packages!"
Red Nexus S LWP
LG Optimus Z Launcher
Fuel my insanity fund
, or click Thanks.