[mod] Duke Nukem 3D decensor [ROOT REQUIRED!]

Search This thread

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
I was excited to see that the same group that released Duke Nukem 3d for the iPhone/iPod had finally released for Android, and when you download the in app levels, at the same (2¢ cheaper) as the iOS version at $2.99. But alas, just like the iOS version, it was censored. So, like I did over at xsellize as b_Edwa, I decided to decensor it. And here is the grp file for android and a guide to self install.

Before proceeding though, a few notes:
A: I WILL NOT provide the modded apk. No warez, means no warez. Thus why the guide. That way you have to get the file or Buy The Game Yourself...... (guess which one I suggest. ;) )

B: This is a do it yourself project. Feel free to add, but all instructions are here. K?

And now onto the guide. I had the following when I did this on my Infuse 4G.

A rooted phone.
Root explorer (or other root file manager that can unzip and zip packages)
Signapktic (by our very own Stericson!)

1. Download and install original game.
2. Use root explorer to find the apk and extract all. (May have to move to internal storage, com.machineworksnorthwest.duke3d-1.apk)
3. Download this. ( http://www.multiupload.com/C61JX9RNYA)
4. Rename .bin file as duke3d.grp, all lowercase.
5. Copy into extracted folder, in assets folder and overwrite existing duke3d.grp.
6. Back out one level and remove the META-INF folder.
7. Package all into a new zip file.
8. Rename .zip to .apk. (mine was Duke.apk)
9. Sign with signapktic. (I used production key)
10. Uninstall original game and install modded.
11. ???????
12. Profit!

Enjoy Duke3D as it was meant to be and how it could be released in the android market if chosen. This isn't Apple you know. ;)

Reactions: mixedlemon

NoxOn3

Jul 18, 2012
Dillstädt
I was excited to see that the same group that released Duke Nukem 3d for the iPhone/iPod had finally released for Android, and when you download the in app levels, at the same (2¢ cheaper) as the iOS version at $2.99. But alas, just like the iOS version, it was censored. So, like I did over at xsellize as b_Edwa, I decided to decensor it. And here is the grp file for android and a guide to self install.

A: I WILL NOT provide the modded apk. No warez, means no warez. Thus why the guide. That way you have to get the file or Buy The Game Yourself...... (guess which one I suggest. ;) )

B: This is a do it yourself project. Feel free to add, but all instructions are here. K?

A rooted phone.

2. Use root explorer to find the apk and extract all. (May have to move to internal storage, com.machineworksnorthwest.duke3d-1.apk)
5. Copy into extracted folder, in assets folder and overwrite existing duke3d.grp.
11. ???????
12. Profit!

Enjoy Duke3D as it was meant to be and how it could be released in the android market if chosen. This isn't Apple you know. ;)

Could You please renew the link?

NoxOn3

Jul 18, 2012
Dillstädt
Thanks for your quick answer. Its not that urgent.
Take all the time u need.
Any Version restrictions?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A rooted phone.

11. ???????
    12. Profit!

Could You please renew the link?
    I'll have to dig through my files, re-upload and re-post. If I can't find it, I'll have to go through the process again. May take a while.

Thank you for your patience. :)