HP touchpad for all Indian wannabe touchpad owners

OP madnish30

2nd November 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi-India.
Thanks Meter: 173

3,000 posts
More
Here is a good deal I found on ebay India, if you missed the firesale or don't have anyone in US to ship it to you or carry it for you - and don't trust yourself to handle to shipping and customs yourself - you can buy it here - a little expensive - but cheap for a tab of such hardware, and now that Android is there on it

Worth the 350$ - as it includes shipping and customs

I don't know the seller, but have bought stuff from them - pretty good - but takes 3 weeks to get stuff - so if u want one :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/HP-TouchPad-T...item3f0ebcdf75

But again, I or anyone at XDA staff does not take any responsibility for this
3rd November 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 223

1,501 posts
More
That doesn't seem like a very good deal to me? Those were selling for $149 during the firesale. So you're saying that $200 for shipping it to India is a good price?
3rd November 2011, 01:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 46

459 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willieumm

That doesn't seem like a very good deal to me? Those were selling for $149 during the firesale. So you're saying that $200 for shipping it to India is a good price?

Lol. Read this wrong. Thought you meant $200 for an HP Touchpad and he is right it is too much. You can get one in the US for $200.
Last edited by Feeshie; 3rd November 2011 at 01:54 AM.
3rd November 2011, 05:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

512 posts
Why go for a TP for 350$? Get a Asus TF instead or GTab if you want VFM.
3rd November 2011, 09:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 148

1,458 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68

Why go for a TP for 350$? Get a Asus TF instead or GTab if you want VFM.

I sold my 32GB TP for $280 for which i paid a lot of customs and shipping haha. I don't think its a good deal on ebay. Also the seller cart2...... is just plain bogus, they order your goods after you finish your order on ebay

I agree with archat once can get a better Device for those 350 which is TF, galaxy tab, even gtab is better.
3rd November 2011, 10:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag BLR+NY+London :)
Thanks Meter: 69

1,262 posts
More
yes cart to >>>>> is total crap...
3rd November 2011, 06:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag New Delhi-India.

3,000 posts
More
Read what I said, it's only a good price for those people who don't want to ship it to India themselves or don;t have anyone to bring it from US.

Hardware is same as any other tab and that costs 600-700$, so 350$ is not bad compared.

Your opinion, you can have it

But, 149$ was NOT a realistic price, better to get over that - even HP has.

@Crush : How much customs you paid for it ? You got it for 280$+customs+shipping ? Can you explain

And i don't know about the seller at all - bought twice items were small and reached in time - were exactly the same price as US price.
4th November 2011, 04:38 AM   |  #8  
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,811

9,608 posts
More
Just to clear this up for anyone who isn't quite grasping what this thread is about, madnish30 is providing a link to eBay India. If you don't live in India, or need a Touchpad shipped to India, then why are you even posting in this thread?

$150 is NOT a reasonable price for ANY Touchpad. GTF over it. Consider it a one time sale price. US resales of the Touchpad seem to have settled at $200 and $250 for the 16GB and 32GB models respectively.

Considering this and the cost of shipping to India from the US, plus the time it takes to get through customs, $350 isn't a bad price for this tablet. The Touchpad has very good hardware, and is worth the $350 even in the US. It was never worth the full $650 retail price that it originally was, but that's another story.

So, in short, if you don't have any reason to need a Touchpad delivered to India, then don't post in this thread. It really is that simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to cajunflavoredbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2011, 03:35 PM   |  #9  
Flag New Delhi-India.

3,000 posts
More
Exactly, well summed up CFB

The touchpad is worth 350$ or more itself, for the hardware _ functionality and the OS too - I agree it's no Galaxy tab, but hey that Galaxy tab comes for 700$ not cheap ! And this is for 350$ for almost the same hardware.

Besides, inclding customs and shipping the seller is earn around 30$ a shipment which is not bad !

250$ is the average cost in US today, so 350$ by no means is bad for India that too including customs !

149$ was a throwaway price, but seriously one need to get over it, it's long gone - and those lucky people who saved a 100$ good for them !

Again, I shared a deal - but nobody is compeling you to buy, you can keep looking maybe one day you find one for 50$ or maybe not

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread