Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Illuminance QandA

Tip us?

TonyStark
Old
(Last edited by TonyStark; 21st February 2013 at 03:43 PM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5,197
Post Illuminance QandA

All things being discussed regarding Illuminance ROM
To view the rom, click here>

This is not an option! While in this thread respect one another and be helpful to those w/ questions

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IlluminatedOne
Old
Thanks Meter 1,358

DONATE TO ME
Thanks tomween1.

Request to Mods: Can you please make it sticky like other Q&A threads..
Galaxy S2 (I777, 1109): Illuminance SE, Entropy's Daily Driver, KH7, Stock Theme
Captivate (I897, 1006): Illuminance 3.0, Samurai 1.4.2, KK4, SGS2 Themed
HP Touchpad (16 GB): CM7 Alpha 3

================================================== =====

================================================== =====
Odin OneClick Stock Packages + Kernels + Modems (for Samsung Captivate)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IlluminatedOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,478

DONATE TO ME
Thanks goes to Forum Moderator reinbeau for making this a Sticky thread.

RTBee
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Didn't know Reinbeau was a moderator. Thanks!
Great idea, Tom, sometimes people go a little off topic in the development section, asking about very general stuff. Nice to have a more general thread and a more technical thread. ('course now I have another subscription to watch )
Galaxy S4 - SGH-I337
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013
The Following User Says Thank You to RTBee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBee View Post
Didn't know Reinbeau was a moderator. Thanks!
Great idea, Tom, sometimes people go a little off topic in the development section, asking about very general stuff. Nice to have a more general thread and a more technical thread. ('course now I have another subscription to watch )
Thanks man, "now I have another subscription to watch" I knwo what you mean.

Hopefully we'll also get some kind of a understanding of IlluminatedOnes direction.... I1.2 or A11 or dare I say it...BOTH

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RTBee
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomween1 View Post
Thanks man, "now I have another subscription to watch" I knwo what you mean.

Hopefully we'll also get some kind of a understanding of IlluminatedOnes direction.... I1.2 or A11 or dare I say it...BOTH
Well, Watsa was doing both. Both sides of the fence, if you will. Just that many more happy campers!
Galaxy S4 - SGH-I337
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013
The Following User Says Thank You to RTBee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hadrien9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just have to say....thank you thank you thank you.

This ROM is what the Captivate should have been the entire time. It took me awhile to get up to 2.3.5 with GB bootloaders and figure out how to flash it, but all of the info is there one the forums.

The SGS II email app alone made it worth it for me since I can now have my phone on WiFi and get my EAS email with zero problems. The stock 2.3.5 email app was still buggy for Exchange when WiFi was on and this fixed everything.

One question I have though. Can I pretty safely install each iteration of the Illuminance ROM over top of an older one? That is the only thing I was unable to find on the forums. I took the chance and installed 1.1 over top of 1.0.1 and have had no problems. I am just curious as to what is recommended.

Thank you again!

Fate-Silver
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Anyone can make a non-transparent scroll down status(look like stock) for Illuminance v1.1 ROM?
The transparent one might get lag sometime... I am not sure why...?

lfaulkner29
Old
Thanks Meter 4
First... Let me say that I am loving this ROM so far. I have not really been happy with any of the GB ROMS (Paragon RC6 on Froyo was my fav). Anyways, for some reason after flashing this ROM (coming from Obsession with Talon Kernel) I cannot get to me ext_sd card through CWM. From what I understand the CWM thing is part of the Kernel, so I downloaded the latest Samari 1.2 Kernel and flashed that. Still the same problem. Downloaded the Boog KJ3 Kernel and still the same problem. Any ideas what would cause this???

For the record my method for getting around not being able to access the external sd card is to put the files in the phone storage and flash from there.

henrysmails
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default TW4 for Illuminance

Anyway TW4 can be ported to Illuminance.