Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 43,632 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Illuminance QandA

Tip us?

RTBee
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by viny2cool View Post
I dont use email app and i dont know if this will help at all or not. But if you are reffering to showing the subject of the message as the view, then you can go to settings>> labels to notify and uncheck Notify once
No, not exactly, but thanks for response. I've got 2 email apps on my phone. Gmail and the stock email. I like the look/view of the stock email (black background, white text, the blue highlights and division of days). The Gmail app has white background, black text and is just not as polished looking. The problem I have is that when I get an email notification in my notification bar, I pull it down and select my email and the Gmail version pops up. I'd like it better if the stock email version would pop up instead. Is there anyway to change the default from one to the other?
Galaxy S4 - SGH-I337
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5162
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBee View Post
No, not exactly, but thanks for response. I've got 2 email apps on my phone. Gmail and the stock email. I like the look/view of the stock email (black background, white text, the blue highlights and division of days). The Gmail app has white background, black text and is just not as polished looking. The problem I have is that when I get an email notification in my notification bar, I pull it down and select my email and the Gmail version pops up. I'd like it better if the stock email version would pop up instead. Is there anyway to change the default from one to the other?
RT take a ss of what it is you like, please

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IlluminatedOne
Old
Thanks Meter 1358

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you don't use Gmail app at all, try freezing it with TiBu. See if that helps.
Galaxy S2 (I777, 1109): Illuminance SE, Entropy's Daily Driver, KH7, Stock Theme
Captivate (I897, 1006): Illuminance 3.0, Samurai 1.4.2, KK4, SGS2 Themed
HP Touchpad (16 GB): CM7 Alpha 3

================================================== =====

Odin OneClick Stock Packages + Kernels + Modems (for Samsung Captivate)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IlluminatedOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lfaulkner29
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yes, same here. As I mentioned earlier, CWM will show the folder with the external sdcard but when you choose it, it just drops back to current internal sd card directory. I've never tried to install anything from my external card from this or any other rom/kernel, but I didn't think you could ever install from an external card. Always had to put it in root directory or at least a folder on the internal sdcard.

anyone can correct me if i am wrong (it has happened before just don't tell my wife) but from what i had read originally when i started flashing, ROMS/Kernels/Modems/etc., was that you always flash from the external_sd card. I am not sure why you do that or what the pros/cons are of flashing from the external_sd card but that is the way i understood it and never questioned it until i couldn't access it through CWM. If there is no significant reason to flash from the external_sd card then i will just continue to flash from the phone internal storage(sd card).

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfaulkner29 View Post
anyone can correct me if i am wrong (it has happened before just don't tell my wife) but from what i had read originally when i started flashing, ROMS/Kernels/Modems/etc., was that you always flash from the external_sd card. I am not sure why you do that or what the pros/cons are of flashing from the external_sd card but that is the way i understood it and never questioned it until i couldn't access it through CWM. If there is no significant reason to flash from the external_sd card then i will just continue to flash from the phone internal storage(sd card).
While you can do this with some apps, IMO never flash a ROM from the external sd. There are to many things that can happen, from mount issues to faulty micro sd card.... While I've never flashed a zip from external, I have restored saved backups from there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aglebot
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I believe that the notifications are generated by the Apps themselves, so it sounds like you have the gmail app set to send notifications but not the stock app. You can go into the gmail settings to turn off its notifications and into the stock app to turn its on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to aglebot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IlluminatedOne
Old
Thanks Meter 1358

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglebot View Post
I believe that the notifications are generated by the Apps themselves, so it sounds like you have the gmail app set to send notifications but not the stock app. You can go into the gmail settings to turn off its notifications and into the stock app to turn its on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
RTBee, did you try this^^?
Galaxy S2 (I777, 1109): Illuminance SE, Entropy's Daily Driver, KH7, Stock Theme

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IlluminatedOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kafepuya
Old
(Last edited by kafepuya; 6th November 2011 at 10:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
I want to try out blitz76's AOSP lock screen. Is there a revert in case that I want to go back to puzzle unlock?

EDIT:

Actually, I have a few more in depth questions.

1) In the puzzle lock screen, there is music widget support for Samsung's Music Player (the pink one), and on blitz76's AOSP lock screen there isn't. Is there a way I can add music widget support to the AOSP lock screen, or is that something the dev decides to include or not?

2) When I plug in Samsung's factory ear buds that came with the Captivate, if I press the button on the mic it starts playing music trough SGS II music player. Can I set it so when I press the button, it plays/pauses the music I'm listening to on Samsung Music Player (pink player)?

I don't have a car stereo, so I want to control the music from the lock screen and not have to take my eyes of the road as often.

TIA!

scazea
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
Ive been using this ROM (1.1) for two weeks now, and it works great! Thanks for an excellent work!
Completely stable and smooth. Memory usage/cleanup seems better also.

The only problem I noticed is that sometimes, to set a background image, the maximum size to choose for the image (red rectangle) is the size of one screen, so the resulting background does not roll when changing home screens.

And now a question: how can I restore the Operator/Provider name to the notifications screen? Now only an empty line is shown!

Thanks!

IlluminatedOne
Old
Thanks Meter 1358

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafepuya View Post
I want to try out blitz76's AOSP lock screen. Is there a revert in case that I want to go back to puzzle unlock?

EDIT:

Actually, I have a few more in depth questions.

1) In the puzzle lock screen, there is music widget support for Samsung's Music Player (the pink one), and on blitz76's AOSP lock screen there isn't. Is there a way I can add music widget support to the AOSP lock screen, or is that something the dev decides to include or not?

2) When I plug in Samsung's factory ear buds that came with the Captivate, if I press the button on the mic it starts playing music trough SGS II music player. Can I set it so when I press the button, it plays/pauses the music I'm listening to on Samsung Music Player (pink player)?

I don't have a car stereo, so I want to control the music from the lock screen and not have to take my eyes of the road as often.

TIA!
AOSP Lock can be reverted to Glass lock. I will make the zip and upload it on the website tonight.
1. Lock screen actually have not been integrated into the system yet. I am planning to add Device Customization option in next release, that should help you controlling music from AOSP lock screen as well.
2. Actually the pink music player is from SGS2, other one is MIUI music. I think it should already do that. I will see anyways, what can be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scazea View Post
Hi,
Ive been using this ROM (1.1) for two weeks now, and it works great! Thanks for an excellent work!
Completely stable and smooth. Memory usage/cleanup seems better also.

The only problem I noticed is that sometimes, to set a background image, the maximum size to choose for the image (red rectangle) is the size of one screen, so the resulting background does not roll when changing home screens.

And now a question: how can I restore the Operator/Provider name to the notifications screen? Now only an empty line is shown!

Thanks!
Yes that seems to be an issue. For now you can use QuickPic to change wallpaper and choose "2 screens" option when asked. It will fit scrollable wallpaper.

Will be added in next release as I am trying to add Device customization in it. You will be able to write any text there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IlluminatedOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]